LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
May 9, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #692 of 1,178
Even that's not too reliable, from what I hear...

May 10, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #694 of 1,178
I'm so tired of the shipping and production delays. Honestly I'd much rather have a normal box shaped component. That would eliminate all these chassis production issues. I don't even care about seeing the tubes. I care about getting the sound I paid for.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #695 of 1,178
New Wave updates this morning, some signs of life at LH Labs...?

May 10, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #696 of 1,178
They are testing boards but free upgrade to naked resistors

posted by LH LabsMay 6, 2017 • 4:14PM
4 days ago
Dear Vi DAC backers,

We already finished the updates of Vi DAC firmware to 2.0. So the new Vi DAC shipped out will be able to handle DSD256 directly on the Mac via DoP 1.1 protocol.

We feel very sorry for the long delay of the rest of the units due to chassis production issues; we tried to work with the original CNC vendor and spent a lot time there which ended no good results and waste money and time. It's our call to work with them. So we take the full responsibility to push more and got another good vendor who is willing to work with us closely even for a relatively small quantity of order in their standard.

So for the Vi Tube DAC chassis, since the second CNC factory is working on a different tooling structure to make the production quality more stable. After they finish the new tooling on May 20. We could pick up the chassis production speed from that time. The tooling cost a lot money to make but in order to make production more stable and faster, we must do that.

Also, while we are testing the Vi DAC Tube stage board. In order to appreciate the patience of all Vi Tube DAC backers, we will FREE upgrade the original through hole resistors to Vishay high precision better sound quality ones.

With the new enhanced DSD256 capability, new DaVinci inherited digital filters algorithm and new upgraded through hole resistors from Vishay, and the continuous support of the future software features. We believe that your Vi Tube DAC is the best sounding DAC that could output both Solid State and Tube analog stage simultaneously.

Thank you very much for your kind support. And we will keep pushing to finish this project.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #698 of 1,178
new update on the vi dac indiegogo page:

Dear backers,

Just want to quick share few new chassis pictures we got for Vi Tube DAC. And more are coming in. As you could see, the new tooling with CNC successfully crave out a lot of fine lines and nice shapes from ONE single block of aluminum.

We like these new work and these will be assembled in next few days and start the overall testing. Within 10 days, it will ship out. The new tooling schedule meets the deadline of May 20 which reported in last update.

Since new tooling is ok. And next step is to have an accurate and stable manufacturing speed estimation. We will keep pushing.

ogka09lr7bytwnvmwqxq.jpg

mrerjlxxwadmg1y4sdm0.jpg

ecmxjh7jdqt2wet9vaqf.jpg

May 17, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #699 of 1,178
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HU-mEsCk3D8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(I guess copying the embed code from Youtube doesn't work anymore).

A little tune to keep us going while Larry is pushing...
It ain't over till it's over, I guess. If they were closing up shop, there'd be no reason to keep sending out updates (just book that plane to Mexico and get out).
Good news, I suppose; I'll wait on the Mytek Brooklyn that keeps calling my name...

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #703 of 1,178
Also, while we are testing the Vi DAC Tube stage board. In order to appreciate the patience of all Vi Tube DAC backers, we will FREE upgrade the original through hole resistors to Vishay high precision better sound quality ones.
Pretty sure it's a $15 "upgrade". Vishay resistors are damn cheap (<$0.7/ea), except they opt for the TX2575 ($20/ea) which I doubt they would. I saw their tube stage, very standard 6dj8 buffer circuit.

May 19, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #704 of 1,178
I already went with an all in one Lumin Streamer and Powered Kef LS50 wireless. Unless this unit brings more to the table vs the Lumin, mine will probably be on sale when i get it. Unfortunately, I am probably not the only story like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back