LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,683 of 2,040
No offence, but $380USD for an upgrade of basically just the chassis and the addition of dual Femto clocks etc is WAY overpriced. Heck they don't even change the DAC. 

I can see the point if you really want the best no expense spared, but i honestly doubt it'll be worth the cash, extra waiting time and extremely questionable customer service

If it was around the range of $100~ it could be considered..... but $380? Really LH Labs? 

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,689 of 2,040
hmm, I don't have balanced cable for them but single end didnt seem hissy with my SUPER sensitive ciem, I do pick up some faint system noise or something but don't have a ferrite choke on my cable which sometmes negates that

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,691 of 2,040
I mainly use my GOV2+ with my iPhone.
I just got the Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar so I can charge and listen to music at the same time.

Despite it saying on the Belkin website that it would only support Lightning audio at 48KHz it works fine playing DSD128 through my GOV2+ while charging.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #1,692 of 2,040
I mainly use my GOV2+ with my iPhone.
I just got the Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar so I can charge and listen to music at the same time.

Despite it saying on the Belkin website that it would only support Lightning audio at 48KHz it works fine playing DSD128 through my GOV2+ while charging.

I thought you can't charge and play at once.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #1,693 of 2,040

Can, but the charging doesn't keep up with the battery drain is all, according to others at least (I haven't ran it like this long enough to find out). Actually this might be relevant to the problem with the power light you mentioned- this is the only time the blue power light come on for my unit at least, when it has usb power and is on at the same time (without the usb power connection I just get a quick purple flash from this light when turning it on, when only charging, the green light).

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #1,694 of 2,040
Can, but the charging doesn't keep up with the battery drain is all, according to others at least (I haven't ran it like this long enough to find out). Actually this might be relevant to the problem with the power light you mentioned- this is the only time the blue power light come on for my unit at least, when it has usb power and is on at the same time (without the usb power connection I just get a quick purple flash from this light when turning it on, when only charging, the green light).

I haven't tried it, but are you using a 2A charger? I think the power light comes on for my unit when it is not fully charged. After some playback, it came on after 5 on/off cycles. Very weird. The manual says that blue and green light should flicker.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #1,695 of 2,040

I was actually referring to charging my iPhone while listening to my GOV2+ at the same time.

As to the charging of the GOV2+ While listening, remember when Li batteries approach max capacity the charge rate is reduced.
The GOV circuit will draw more than is going in.
It's possible that the charge circuit doesn't detect the depleated state in time.
I might try unplugging and reconnecting the GOV charge cable to reset the charge circuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back