LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Sep 24, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,396 of 2,040
It looks like my V2+ infinity is finally about to ship and then I get an email from LH labs about an opportunity to upgrade my order to a Signature Edition V2+ for additional money.  

Are there any benefits of the signature edition over the V2+ infinity other than the dual fempto clocks?  Is this a worthy upgrade?

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #1,401 of 2,040

This is just a random memory but for some reason I thought the SE was basically double the basic v2+ but I could be wrong.

Looked back through my emails and found one from Casey (remember him?) that mentioned the GO V2 SE pricing, which was $998 (actually two payments of $499). Assume the V2+ would have been more due to the battery and such, but not sure. Cheers  

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #1,402 of 2,040
Quote:

This is just a random memory but for some reason I thought the SE was basically double the basic v2+ but I could be wrong.

Looked back through my emails and found one from Casey (remember him?) that mentioned the GO V2 SE pricing, which was $998 (actually two payments of $499). Assume the V2+ would have been more due to the battery and such, but not sure. Cheers  

​Thanks.  I struggled with their pricing for the upgrades on the V2+ as they never made sense to me.  The upgrade to the Infinity v2+ was more than the Infinity v2 upgrade and it was the same parts upgrade.  I asked why several times but they never answered my question so I just stayed with the v2+.

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #1,405 of 2,040
  I just got invoiced $1005 for the upgrade from V2+ Infinity to SE V2+.  I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the costs with this upgrade.  

So the $1005 is on top of what you paid for the V2+ Infinity originally? If so what would that come out to in total? Cheers 

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #1,406 of 2,040
Hello all,

I'm interested in the Geek Out 2A model as it look like it has 3.5 TRRS balanced output.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find much information but can you buy them anywhere?  Or are they still not in market?

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #1,408 of 2,040
  Hello all,

I'm interested in the Geek Out 2A model as it look like it has 3.5 TRRS balanced output.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find much information but can you buy them anywhere?  Or are they still not in market?

The V2A is not yet for commercial sale, but you can sign up to be notified when it is released. - http://lhlabs.com/products/geek-out-2a-dac-family/

The V2+ is available now - http://lhlabs.com/products/geek-out-v2-plus-dac-family/ 

Cheers 

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,409 of 2,040
Hello all,

The Geek Out 2A and V2+ both have 3.5 mm TRRS balanced output jacks. However, the TRRS wiring polarity is unique and different from, say, the Astell and Kern balanced out polarity. So it may require a custom made cable to use the balanced feature, depending on the headphones.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,410 of 2,040
The Geek Out 2A and V2+ both have 3.5 mm TRRS balanced output jacks. However, the TRRS wiring polarity is unique and different from, say, the Astell and Kern balanced out polarity. So it may require a custom made cable to use the balanced feature, depending on the headphones.

While it might be different from the AK output of say the AK240, I wouldn't say it's "unique", as the Geek TRRS pin-outs match the ReZero standard per an earlier post on the V2+ thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/765527/lh-labs-geek-out-v2-discussion-thread/240#post_11886238. 

I have cables from Luna Shops (a Chinese cable maker you can find online and on eBay) that I've used successfully. 

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back