LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #1,231 of 2,040
Dude, it's coming next week. I wasn't even expecting to receive a notice as early as I did, but I received it Tuesday and it will be here tomorrow ! Be just a little more patient and you'll be just as surprised as me!!

that would be an awesomely unexpected surprise. Here's hoping !!

Aug 12, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,232 of 2,040
These sound amazing, but the battery charge out of the box ran out quick. Granted been using it for hours, but I am so used to using the V2 all day that I didn't realize the battery thing might be an issue.. I am contemplating exchanging it for a V2 infinity. Anyone know if those have the new components as well?

The V2+ infinity sounds freaking amazing, better to my ears than the V2 I have. Well done @Mannytorres
 @Larry Ho
  and gang. The battery is the only difference between the V2 Infinity and V2+ Infinity right?

Is there anyway to run the V2+ on USB power alone? 

Interesting observations Tamal. Can't wait to test out the V2+ Infinity myself :wink:

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #1,235 of 2,040
i was a little more sleepy than I figured, sorry for being so incomplete! I am saying the V2+ Infinity probably won't sound as good as my Signature Edition Pulse, but it should still be a major ass kicker! I couldn't sleep last night because the V2+ Infinity is being delivered today and the anticipation is killing me!!! I can't wait to test drive the Infinity myself!!! Hope this time I'm a lot clearer with this transmission, waiting for the mailman as we speak!! Good day friend!!!!!

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,236 of 2,040
i was a little more sleepy than I figured, sorry for being so incomplete! I am saying the V2+ Infinity probably won't sound as good as my Signature Edition Pulse, but it should still be a major ass kicker! I couldn't sleep last night because the V2+ Infinity is being delivered today and the anticipation is killing me!!! I can't wait to test drive the Infinity myself!!! Hope this time I'm a lot clearer with this transmission, waiting for the mailman as we speak!! Good day friend!!!!!

​It'll sound quite good but not as good as your Pulse SE.  I have the Pulse X Infinity and the V2+ Infinity gets close but not quite as good.  For a battery powered portable, it's damn good though.

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,238 of 2,040
Wow. I can't believe people would think to compare V2+ infinity to Pulse infinity or even Pulse Signature. If that's the case, can't wait for my V2+ SE.

They are closer than you would think!

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,239 of 2,040
Although I don't have the Pulse I'm getting a bunch of other amp/dac combos in the range $250-500 in the near future for a project that I'm working on. Should be a good opportunity for some multi comparisons :)

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,241 of 2,040
Received my V2+ Infinity:

Tested it with Roxanne iem from JH Audio and a Silver Dragon cable from Moon Audio (balanced).  Sounds great!!!  So far, I have only used it with my computer because a cable for my Iphone will come from the other side of the World and take a couple of weeks to get here (cable with built in CCK chip). 

Balanced sounds way better than single-ended!!! 

Question:

Would the new AK70 work as source for the Geek Out V2?  Any other recommendations for source on that price range $500 to $700?  I know I can use my iPhone, but it doesn't have enough space and I was looking for something else.

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,242 of 2,040
Received my V2+ yesterday and finally plugged it up to my computer, listening in balanced mode, and all I can say is WOW!! This Infinity is so much fun to listen to. I can't remember a woman that's made me feel so good , so emotional WOW!!!

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,243 of 2,040
Tested the V2+ Infinity for hours and I believe the balanced output sound quality is as good as the Pulse X Infinity.  Loving it ... Now I have to figure out a good portable source for it ...  

PS.:  I do own one Pulse X Inifinity also ... 

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #1,245 of 2,040
I've been loving my unit, but one thing that has been driving me nuts ... sometimes, when I first plug the V2+ in to my PC, it defaults to 100% and has nearly blown my ears off several times.  I feel like it could be damaging to both my easy-to-drive el-8s  AND to my ears.  I imagine this is just a driver fix ... but UGH my ears hurt!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back