LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Aug 24, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #408 of 1,391
nice little review Archimago.  good to see the packaging.  Hope I get a shipping notice soon

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #409 of 1,391
Received mine today.  Have had it going fooling around for 30 minutes or so.

Nicely packaged.  Definitely noticed the manufacturing smell that Archimago mentioned.

The lettering in the case is tough to see at most angles, but isn't really important as the power/filter are easy enough to figure out if as you go along.

Looking forward to getting Teds Head lounge balanced cable for my first balanced experience.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #410 of 1,391
Just read through the V2+ thread.  Have to say the seems much better to me than people are reporting in that thread.  The material doesn't photograph great.  And I take back my comment about the lettering on the case being tough to read, as that was just lighting in my room.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #411 of 1,391
  Just read through the V2+ thread.  Have to say the seems much better to me than people are reporting in that thread.  The material doesn't photograph great.  And I take back my comment about the lettering on the case being tough to read, as that was just lighting in my room.

It might just be the photo, but that casing looks quite a bit better than the ones on the previous prototypes I've seen. 

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #412 of 1,391

It might just be the photo, but that casing looks quite a bit better than the ones on the previous prototypes I've seen. 

Just received mine today.  I saw some of the photos in the other other thread that definitely looked pretty terrible.  It's definitely a product that can look worse depending on light and angles (the resin has a reflective quality to it).

I just took that with my phone listening in bed, but I think it looks very good.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #414 of 1,391

That looks much better than my V2+ Infinity casing, which may be a prototype after all.

On your case, the letters are clearly visible. On mine they aren't.

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #416 of 1,391
LH labs notified me that my GOV2 shipped today. I was one of the last people to get in on the Indidegogo capaign at the end of june.

Hope some people have aftermarket cases in the works... Doesn't look all that great, and the dust issue could be a pain..

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #417 of 1,391
hmm I preordered before the indiegogo campaign.. and one batch 22 guy got his shipping notice.. makes me feel bad as a batch 21 preorder but oh well.  maybe they are shipping by geographical area instead of exact batch #

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #418 of 1,391

Nicely packaged.  Definitely noticed the manufacturing smell that Archimago mentioned.

The lettering in the case is tough to see at most angles, but isn't really important as the power/filter are easy enough to figure out if as you go along.

Looking forward to getting Teds Head lounge balanced cable for my first balanced experience.

Could you kindly provide a link to the cable, if one is available? Thanks.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #419 of 1,391
  hmm I preordered before the indiegogo campaign.. and one batch 22 guy got his shipping notice.. makes me feel bad as a batch 21 preorder but oh well.  maybe they are shipping by geographical area instead of exact batch #

I was the batch 22 guy.  When did you actually pay in the indiegogo campaign?  They didn't mention anything about whether that would come into play or not, but my guess is the batch thing was a big crock.

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #420 of 1,391

Could you kindly provide a link to the cable, if one is available? Thanks.

I just sent Ted at headphone lounge an email with what my needs were and he did the rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back