LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jul 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #362 of 1,391
Anything more portable would be nice for me. I hardly reach for my gear ,but trying to get back into it. My O2 has been collecting a lot of dust.

Jul 10, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #363 of 1,391
Can anyone explain why the GO V2 (USB-powered) measures better than the GO V2+ (battery powered)?

I think that the THD measurements of the V2 were just plain wrong in the V2 video. If you listen to Larry talking about the THD measurements in the video, he says:

"This one is extremely balanced, extremely nice, it’s too good, so don’t worry about it."

I believe that Larry realized that something wasn't right with the THD measurements as he was being filmed, and the "it's too good, so don't worry about it" can be translated to "oops! something's wrong here with these THD measurements, so pay no attention to them". The way that Gavin pulls the camera away from the screen and laughs under his breath right after Larry says this makes me believe that he also realized or understood from what Larry was saying was that the measurements weren't right.

tom

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #364 of 1,391
Anything more portable would be nice for me. I hardly reach for my gear ,but trying to get back into it. My O2 has been collecting a lot of dust.

I'm really happy with my unit for what it's worth. I've been enjoying it for a while now and it's definitely become the rig I carry ALL the time.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #365 of 1,391
Can anyone explain why the GO V2 (USB-powered) measures better than the GO V2+ (battery powered)?

Well... The first Geek Out V2 video's THD performance is really 'too good'. For 20 log (0.00085%) , we are talking around -100dB @ 45K Hz. Which is really far better than the normal specifications we set for. Why this 'lucky ball' happened?  In this case, I believe that is related to analog components and a perfect match. (Sorry, I don't know which lucky guy got that board)

As a norm, Geek Out V2+ will be quieter than Geek Out V2. And the THD performance of the sample Geek Out V2+ here is no short of top region too. (-93dB @ 45KHz)  

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #366 of 1,391
Well... The first Geek Out V2 video's THD performance is really 'too good'. For 20 log (0.00085%) , we are talking around -100dB @ 45K Hz. Which is really far better than the normal specifications we set for. Why this 'lucky ball' happened?  In this case, I believe that is related to analog components and a perfect match. (Sorry, I don't know which lucky guy got that board)

As a norm, Geek Out V2+ will be quieter than Geek Out V2. And the THD performance of the sample Geek Out V2+ here is no short of top region too. (-93dB @ 45KHz)  

Ah I see. Thanks for explaining that Larry!
That person is going to be super lucky, hahaha.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #367 of 1,391
I think that might be here:p Mine is dead ass silent. Loving this V2. Ridiculous bass with he-560 and q701and makes the ZMF vibro shake. Beautiful imaging with a nice presentation. Sucks you right in to the middle of the music.

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #368 of 1,391
Since hearing about this ever since I wanted a portable amp, I became very interested.

How would the amp on this compare to a Schiit Asgard 2 desktop amp?
Would it be a huge downgrade, even though this is supposed to be a class A amp?

Also anyone tried this & the OPPO HA-2 out?

I particularly interested in the better soundstage & imaging.

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #369 of 1,391
I currently have the GO720 from the original Kickstarter campaign. Is the upgrade to the GO V2 worth it?

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #370 of 1,391
  I currently have the GO720 from the original Kickstarter campaign. Is the upgrade to the GO V2 worth it?

From what I've read, it sounds like it is - there's a high level of enthusiasm for V2. Someone with first-hand knowledge should respond to your question soon, I think.

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #374 of 1,391
Just back through the thread for some impressions

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #375 of 1,391
Read the few positive impressions, still don't know if it is better than the standard O2/ODAC or a Magi/Modi stack everyone recomends.

I have a Schiit Asgard 2 right now & would like to know if this would be a upgrade/downgrade/equal from it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back