LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jun 30, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #331 of 1,391
What are the advantages of getting the GO V2+ version instead of the V2?  I know that the V2 is battery powered, but what advantages come with that? My GO 1000 runs okay without any battery, and that is why I'm trying to understand the advantages of having the battery--especially the sonic advantages. Will the V2+ necessarily sound better than the V2?

V2+ is for on-the-go use like for phones or tablets. As geek out drains the battety of mobile devices quickly, you'll need that V2's external battery. There is no difference in sound though, i think.

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #332 of 1,391
V2+ is for on-the-go use like for phones or tablets. As geek out drains the battety of mobile devices quickly, you'll need that V2's external battery. There is no difference in sound though, i think.

Thanks

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #333 of 1,391
My V2 is en route . Shipped yesterday . Can't wait. Vibro and 560 are itching

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #336 of 1,391
I don't remember which batch. Sorry.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #337 of 1,391
Just got my production unit today and I've been putting it through it's paces. Significantly reduced noise floor and way better sound. I'll add the leck and compare against the SE later, but I think we have a winner here.

Vanilla 2? Look forward to more impressions and that comparison 
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #338 of 1,391
So I caved, and jumped on the V2+ pre-order wagon today.  My "perk" is called "Early bird [#4]"...  I wonder what that implies with regard to the ETA of my unit.  I know they've begun shipping out now, and given that I got on board just today, I am not expecting any miraculously rapid delivery time.  I just want a reasonable estimate, and I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with that.

Thanks.

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #339 of 1,391

Just got my production unit today and I've been putting it through it's paces. Significantly reduced noise floor and way better sound. I'll add the leck and compare against the SE later, but I think we have a winner here.

Vanilla 2? Look forward to more impressions and that comparison 
biggrin.gif

Infinity actually as I use the 450mW output the most (I use the device as a DAC to my Leckerton). 

So far I think the Infinity may win. The femtos in the SE take a long time to stabilize, though, so I need to set up two stations side by side and let them both warm up for a while.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #340 of 1,391
  So I caved, and jumped on the V2+ pre-order wagon today.  My "perk" is called "Early bird [#4]"...  I wonder what that implies with regard to the ETA of my unit.  I know they've begun shipping out now, and given that I got on board just today, I am not expecting any miraculously rapid delivery time.  I just want a reasonable estimate, and I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with that.

Thanks.

All V2+ orders will be shipped by the end of August.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #341 of 1,391
Infinity actually as I use the 450mW output the most (I use the device as a DAC to my Leckerton). 

So far I think the Infinity may win. The femtos in the SE take a long time to stabilize, though, so I need to set up two stations side by side and let them both warm up for a while.

They are shipping Infinities already? That's awesome!

I will be using V2SE with Uptone Regen so it will always be powered on...

HannibalSmith.jpg

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #342 of 1,391
So I'm probably going to use the v2 as a dac.. will the unbalanced 3.5mm in 1000ma mode give 2V and the balanced 3.5mm give 4V?  or both give 4V?

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #344 of 1,391

Users who are viewing this thread

Back