LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jun 2, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #137 of 1,391
I won't cancel or pay IGG, technically as long as LH got my $2 deposit for v2+ they are still on the hook to deliver.  I'll hold them to it when my it's time for my batch.  And so far, no email has ever mention that if you don't pay IGG you won't get the product, it's just that they want you to pay first.

The email I got yesterday clearly states that they'll cancel & refund my preorder if I dont pay in 2 days.

I also wonder how are they able to do that ?! I paid my deposit and we have a contract, how can they get away with cancelling like that ?

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #138 of 1,391
I don't know what their legal obligations are, and from the legal point I guess we could file a complaint, since the money involve is so little and they did offer to refund, there isn't much we can do legally.  BUT, we can vote with our wallet and not pay LH Lab another dime.  I urge you guys to boycott LH Lab products.  I won't be buying anything from them from now on.

I find the email to be worded in such a way that put the blame on those who pre-order, very dis-respectful.

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #139 of 1,391
The indiegogo campaign does not end for 47 days. How can they just cancel? What. 

I think they previously you did not need to back immediately but anytime during the campaign?!

This really sucks. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #140 of 1,391

The indiegogo campaign does not end for 47 days. How can they just cancel? What. 

I think they previously you did not need to back immediately but anytime during the campaign?!

This really sucks. 

The initial deal was no extra fees before the product is ready to ship and anytime cancelling.  That is what I signed for and payed the $2 deposit. And I was in the last group, planned for december 2015.

Than a few weeks ago they changed it to pay via indiegogo in ~2 months.

Than yesterday I got an email with a pretty clear threat: pay in two days or we cancel your preorder!

"Although our Indiegogo campaign will continue, we're going to pull down both the Geek Out V2 Pre-Order and Geek Out V2+ Pre-Order perks on Wednesday, June 3rd at 10:00PM Pacific time. That’s only 48 hours from now
"

Does anyone think this is ok !?!?!

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #141 of 1,391
The initial deal was no extra fees before the product is ready to ship and anytime cancelling.  That is what I signed for and payed the $2 deposit. And I was in the last group, planned for december 2015.

Than a few weeks ago they changed it to pay via indiegogo in ~2 months.

Than yesterday I got an email with a pretty clear threat: pay in two days or we cancel your preorder!

"Although our Indiegogo campaign will continue, we're going to pull down both the Geek Out V2 Pre-Order and Geek Out V2+ Pre-Order perks on Wednesday, June 3rd at 10:00PM Pacific time. That’s only 48 hours from now
"

Does anyone think this is ok !?!?!

Definitely not, and it makes me doubly glad that I already canceled my preorder. It was bad enough to be expected to pay during the campaign, but to shorten the payment window even further is just ridiculous.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #142 of 1,391
The email I got yesterday clearly states that they'll cancel & refund my preorder if I dont pay in 2 days.

I also wonder how are they able to do that ?! I paid my deposit and we have a contract, how can they get away with cancelling like that ?

It's not worth the price of a lawsuit. Ideally, some eccentric billionaire would be in their queue, and just sue because it's the right thing to do. But it's not economically efficient, so their feet will not be held to the fire.

The only remedy here is bad publicity.

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #143 of 1,391
It's not worth the price of a lawsuit. Ideally, some eccentric billionaire would be in their queue, and just sue because it's the right thing to do. But it's not economically efficient, so their feet will not be held to the fire.

The only remedy here is bad publicity.

I surely wont bother to sue for $2. But some consumer groups may be interested ... this is a possible class action suit .. or maybe someone knows a lawyer with lots of free time :)

Anyway ... legal or not, this is really obnoxious behaviour and a new low for Light Harmonic!

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #144 of 1,391
I surely wont bother to sue for $2. But some consumer groups may be interested ... this is a possible class action suit .. or maybe someone knows a lawyer with lots of free time :)

Anyway ... legal or not, this is really obnoxious behaviour and a new low for Light Harmonic!

I can tell you as an underemployed lawyer with extensive experience at plaintiffs' class action firms: publicity, and not lawsuits, is the only viable remedy here.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #145 of 1,391
I can tell you as an underemployed lawyer with extensive experience at plaintiffs' class action firms: publicity, and not lawsuits, is the only viable remedy here.

Bad publicity would surely be the best.. but it's strangely quiet around here. Looks that I'm one of the very few pissed by LH's crooky behaviour. And to think that I even sponsored their first geek with $10 or whatever was the free gift at the time.. did sound like a great idea.

Oh well, looks like everyone else is happy to cough up the cash and wait months/years for LH to deliver. Strange...

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #146 of 1,391
Ha wow, **** LH Labs. Slimiest, greediest company in Hi-Fi.

Got my refund a while ago so I have no horse in this race, but it looks like they are only getting less consumer-friendly. Get out while you still can everyone!!!

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #147 of 1,391
Its more like I gave up a long time ago, not worth the anger. If I ever saw Gavin and he tried to sweet talk a lh labs product at a show, I would just tell him to ****! I just wonder if they'll after sell anything to anyone at their msrps. yeah can't, so they have to keep crowdfunding. I already have a ifi micro idsd, which sounds much better than geek out v1 so wtvr Lol

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #149 of 1,391
what slimy shenanigan is lhlabs up to now? just reading this last page, I just shake my head.

any company that continues to change terms, start and stop campaigns at the drop of a hat, ask for money before the product is ready to ship, and lead on its supporters is, well, you fill in the blank. hopefully people will stop supporting this company.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #150 of 1,391
Bad publicity would surely be the best.. but it's strangely quiet around here. Looks that I'm one of the very few pissed by LH's crooky behaviour. And to think that I even sponsored their first geek with $10 or whatever was the free gift at the time.. did sound like a great idea.

Oh well, looks like everyone else is happy to cough up the cash and wait months/years for LH to deliver. Strange...

I got my money back weeks ago, if you though that thus campaign would be different then the others that's on you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back