LG V40 ThinQ

Switching from V30

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 58.4%

• Total voters
Oct 23, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #76 of 973
Anyone else notice that all system EQ and filter settings don't work when listening to MQA on Tidal? App EQs in UAPP still work.

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #77 of 973
Yes.
MQA is Bit Perfect, therefore you cannot make any adjustments.
The reason it works on UAPP is the V40 is not yet playing MQA. I sent Davy the configuration to add MQA to the V40.
Once he adds it, you will not be able to make any EQ adjustments in UAPP when streaming MQA in Tidal.

Oct 23, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #78 of 973
I wasn't aware there were differently tuned versions of the 30. I had the V30 + through Sprint. I don't want to give the impression that the 40 sounds terrible, because it doesn't. Though I wouldn't consider it a side grade to the 30, more of a downgrade, and that's what I'm struggling with. If you listen to softer types of music, you may actually prefer it. But I listen to rock, and to my ears, the separation isn't as good. I hear a bit more congestion. I know Meridian goes for a real life live concert type of sound, and they wanted to tune it as close to the original recording as possible. What I'm hearing is a more laid back type of sound.

Thanks for input!

Oct 23, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #79 of 973

Thanks for posting this. The guy sounds like a idiot but good to see some actual numbers and confirm my volume issues. you can test all you want but sound is so much a feeling too. We're not crazy for thinking it sounds different, it does plain and simple. And judging by the consensus not everyone is happy me included. Now is it horrible, no, but is a step up, no I think most people me included were expecting something more and when we weren't blown away we were disappointed, plain and simple. But again thanks for everyone's input ,and thanks dog for posting the video

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #81 of 973
You have to buy the USB Audio Player Pro app from the play store. Then you hace to configure it for the dap or device you use. There are instructions for each phone on their forums. I'll post a link.

The dev of the app has been extremely attentive and open to user feedback. I bought both of his apps.

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #83 of 973
You have to buy the USB Audio Player Pro app from the play store. Then you hace to configure it for the dap or device you use. There are instructions for each phone on their forums. I'll post a link.

The dev of the app has been extremely attentive and open to user feedback. I bought both of his apps.
Yes, please post the instructional link. I'll fork out the 8 dollars for the app. Hopefully it's an improvement over Neutron

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #85 of 973
Just get the note 9. Lg v40 was not well implemented and is an inferior phone.

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #88 of 973
Am I wrong? I got the v40 and took it right back. Really wanted to like it, but after exchanging for the Note, the note is just better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back