LG V40 ThinQ

Switching from V30

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 58.4%

• Total voters
Oct 23, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #92 of 973
I agree with the volume reference (of Juan's review)...

The patreon version at 11min is 3x longer than the youtube video (some of it talks about the external speaker as well). One may technically be able to post the direct link, but i value his content creation I personally am not going to do that. I will however, listen again and add anything this shorter version missed once i view that---not sure that synopsis mentioned he tried like 16 different head/earphones with the V30/V40, including high-end Noble IEMs.

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #93 of 973
I cant figure out how to post from imgur
tMqiV0l.jpg

VM2ZDNu

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #100 of 973
Thanks for the leg work. Does it work and sound pretty good with the 40?

The sound is very headphone dependent. I like it best with my shure srh840 and se315 but I do have to turn it up almost all the way. Im most impressed with the battery life and screen. The sound is different than the v20 but not better. I preferred my v20 with my Hifiman RE00s.

I fee like the sharp filter sounds the most true to the recording while slow emphasizes vocals too much.

The v20 definitely sounds more coherent but maybe it's the dac imposing a sound signature or the BO tuning. This new dac with Meridian tuning is a little more analytical and makes digital sound a little more digital and less forgiving of bad mastering.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #101 of 973
Listened to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
Moanin' 24.192 and through the v40 I lose some of the cohesiveness and tonality of the instruments in favor of attack and rhythmic drive. I can better hear the drummers hand movements on the v40 but the drums dont sound as round and full. Trumpets and brass have more of an edgy bite than with the v20. Initial impressions
V20 more musical more relaxed, v40 more analytical faster leaner.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #103 of 973
Listened to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
Moanin' 24.192 and through the v40 I lose some of the cohesiveness and tonality of the instruments in favor of attack and rhythmic drive. I can better hear the drummers hand movements on the v40 but the drums dont sound as round and full. Trumpets and brass have more of an edgy bite than with the v20. Initial impressions
V20 more musical more relaxed, v40 more analytical faster leaner.
Good thing you skipped the 30 lol. I agree with the leaner perspective. So to your ears, Meridian accomplished what they set out to do on the 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back