LG V30
Nov 29, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #1,471 of 6,140
The Quad HiFi DAC will work with any type of headphone.
It really depends on the individual headphone quality to determine how much of audio difference it makes with the Hifi DAC activated.

The Quad Hifi DAC requires to be switched on from the "Sound" menu located in the Settings under Advanced Settings first.

Does it know how much juice the headphones required. As as example can it drive Audion Techinica E70 at acceptable volume levels? Can it give enough juice to low impedance LCD-X? rated at 20 ohms I was reading that it works really well. when the impedance is more than 50 ohms.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #1,472 of 6,140
Does it know how much juice the headphones required. As as example can it drive Audion Techinica E70 at acceptable volume levels? Can it give enough juice to low impedance LCD-X? rated at 20 ohms I was reading that it works really well. when the impedance is more than 50 ohms.

Planars are a bit of a dicey matter. Low impedance but needing some power. If you don't need your music up loud, the v30 can push the X beautifully, just don't expect to get your metal up to headbang levels.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #1,473 of 6,140

The V30's HiFi DAC will detect the impedance and adjust accordingly.
The DAC does work better with headphones with impedance higher than 50ohms, but work extremely well with lower ones too.
I don't think that there will be any issues.
I have headphones ranging from 16ohms to 250ohms...no problem.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #1,475 of 6,140
The V30's HiFi DAC will detect the impedance and adjust accordingly.
The DAC does work better with headphones with impedance higher than 50ohms, but work extremely well with lower ones too.
I don't think that there will be any issues.
I have headphones ranging from 16ohms to 250ohms...no problem.

That's what I am worried about that it things itself rather than user controlling it. In my example the LCD-X is just rated at 20 ohms but they really need a lot of amp power to get the best out of them.

I am currently using with Audeze Deckard, they sound amazing with it, can V30 get close to it?

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #1,476 of 6,140
That's what I am worried about that it things itself rather than user controlling it. In my example the LCD-X is just rated at 20 ohms but they really need a lot of amp power to get the best out of them.

I am currently using with Audeze Deckard, they sound amazing with it, can V30 get close to it?

I personally don't have any experience with Audeze Deckard so unfortunately I can't answer your question.
Is it possible for you to test it out at a local carrier?
This would be an ideal solution.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #1,477 of 6,140
v30 Match made in heaven for e70. If you can root, gets even better and louder

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #1,478 of 6,140

v30 can drive just about anything. I highly doubt you'd be anything less than amazed. Btw, you can try the v20 as well for really cheap http://amzn.to/2jxwjpH

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,480 of 6,140
I went to the store looking at the V30, and the screen is nice, the design is nice, but it feels like toys because every part of it body is...”plastic”. I don’t feel like paying for a phone which is $900 after tax that has this feeling. Beside that, the 600 MHz is actually only in a couple places, and there is no words as of when it will be available around my area, so there is no point for me. Though, if anyone want a phone that has a good sound quality, the V30 is a good choice

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #1,481 of 6,140
I went to the store looking at the V30, and the screen is nice, the design is nice, but it feels like toys because every part of it body is...”plastic”. I don’t feel like paying for a phone which is $900 after tax that has this feeling. Beside that, the 600 MHz is actually only in a couple places, and there is no words as of when it will be available around my area, so there is no point for me. Though, if anyone want a phone that has a good sound quality, the V30 is a good choice

FYI: There isn't any "plastic" constructed on the V30...Gorilla glass 5 on front and back surrounding an aluminum body.
Don't let the weight fool you, it is definitely a well constructed design.
I'm sorry to know that you feel this way, but you should spend your money where you feel fit.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,482 of 6,140
FYI: There isn't any "plastic" constructed on the V30...Gorilla glass 5 on front and back surrounding an aluminum body.
Don't let the weight fool you, it is definitely a well constructed design.
I'm sorry to know that you feel this way, but you should spend your money where you feel fit.

Really ? Glasses over aluminum ? Now that is interesting. I really thought that it was all plastic just like the V10. However the V10 Had Metal frames

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #1,483 of 6,140
The screen is "plastic" and not glass..."P-OLED"
The exterior is Gorilla Glass 5 on both sides.

Don't compare the V30 with either the V10 or the V20...a whole different ballgame when it comes to materials of construction.
Just to let you know, I've owned all of them and the V30 is my favorite.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #1,484 of 6,140
Really ? Glasses over aluminum ? Now that is interesting. I really thought that it was all plastic just like the V10. However the V10 Had Metal frames

Design & Durability
  • Premium Anodized Metal Sides
  • Rear Key with Fingerprint ID
  • Size: 5.97" (H) x 2.97" (W) x 0.29" (D)
  • Weight: 5.57 oz.
  • IP68 Dust and Water Resistant1
  • Shock Resistant with MIL-STD-810G Testing2
  • Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 Protection on Front and Back; Gorilla Glass 4 on Camera
  • Heat Pipe – absorbs and moves heat away from the processor to further minimize the risk of overheating

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v30/specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back