LG V30
Nov 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,411 of 6,140
Just skimmed through that link. i think they are just talking about the tmo version. it doesn't specifically state the unlocked version.

Yeah, I have been trolling the XDA forums, and so far people are talking about only the T-Mo V30/+ to be capable of 600Mhz. Unlocked version don’t have the 600 MHz listed. This seems to be T-Mobile exclusive ? Even if T-Mobile unlock it, that requires 40 days on the network, and who knows if it is truly unlocked or still locked (not in Sim locked, but rather bootloader Unlocked)

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,412 of 6,140
Sorry, I forgot to include an answer to that. That light is blue, hope you can see it in this screen shot:

Ok, so it was my screen and the LED really was blue :) That's a great find. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for this. I should do some more tests with MQA on the LG music app. Audio flinger is reporting MQA output as 44/24, but I should probably put the HO output through an FFT and see if we actually have any hi-res content. Maybe we do and audio flinger just doesn't report it correctly? (Unfortunately, my ears have never been good enough to hear the difference with hi-res files!)

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,413 of 6,140
Yeah, I have been trolling the XDA forums, and so far people are talking about only the T-Mo V30/+ to be capable of 600Mhz. Unlocked version don’t have the 600 MHz listed. This seems to be T-Mobile exclusive ? Even if T-Mobile unlock it, that requires 40 days on the network, and who knows if it is truly unlocked or still locked (not in Sim locked, but rather bootloader Unlocked)

you might have to just go with the tmo version since the 600 mhz is exclusive to tmo right now.

Just to let you know. I have a friend thats a district manager for tmo and he told me that 600mhz is in its infancy stage. Its gonna take a couple of years for it to really come to fruition and really cover the rural areas.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #1,414 of 6,140
you might have to just go with the tmo version since the 600 mhz is exclusive to tmo right now.

Just to let you know. I have a friend thats a district manager for tmo and he told me that 600mhz is in its infancy stage. Its gonna take a couple of years for it to really come to fruition and really cover the rural areas.

That sucks, if that is the case then I will wait for HTC phones that is capable of 600MHz. The only “real unlocked phones are HTC” everything else are phony on T-Mobile

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,415 of 6,140
Ok, so it was my screen and the LED really was blue :) That's a great find. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for this. I should do some more tests with MQA on the LG music app. Audio flinger is reporting MQA output as 44/24, but I should probably put the HO output through an FFT and see if we actually have any hi-res content. Maybe we do and audio flinger just doesn't report it correctly? (Unfortunately, my ears have never been good enough to hear the difference with hi-res files!)

I may have missed a post about your configuration there. But if you're using UAPP to send an MQA stream out via USB, Audioflinger probably can't fully see what the app is doing. You can rely on the resolution and bitrate reported by UAPP though.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,416 of 6,140
I may have missed a post about your configuration there. But if you're using UAPP to send an MQA stream out via USB, Audioflinger probably can't fully see what the app is doing. You can rely on the resolution and bitrate reported by UAPP though.
Yes, but it's possible I can't rely on audioflinger's report for the LG music app with MQA. I previously posted that it was only playing back MQA as 44/24. But maybe that's not the case. I'll report back when I've tested some more.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #1,417 of 6,140
Yes, but it's possible I can't rely on audioflinger's report for the LG music app with MQA. I previously posted that it was only playing back MQA as 44/24. But maybe that's not the case. I'll report back when I've tested some more.

Audioflinger may not see what's happening with MQA files or streams sent out via USB, but if you're playing a downloaded MQA file (from the 2L Test Bench?) through the internal DAC, then Audioflinger may only see the undecoded resolution but that should still be at least 24/48. I think I read here that Neutron can send it through the internal DAC for decoding. (I haven't played with a V30 yet; I'm waiting for the unlocked version.)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #1,420 of 6,140
Not a fan or biased , but I see no chopped up instangram ..... the X screen is simply smaller than v30.

Then just like any iPhones, the X has the most natural color in comparison against all other smartphones on the market.

However, I am still using HTC10 and really interested in V30. My wife has always been using iPhones and I am not, but I gotta give dues credits to iPhones where it deserves

Also, $100 more than LG is not expensive. Even without buying insurance, Apples has 1 year warranty, and more than often, they will do rights by you if you walked in an Apple store with a defective IPhones, be it...dotted screen, distorted loud speakers, over heating issues, or unresponsive to touch screen randomly, a replacement is right there and immediately, where as LG...HTC...Sony.....Samsung....., you will need to go from step A to B to ......etc..etc....and only get a new phones after a month or so by mail, if you are lucky

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #1,421 of 6,140
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #1,422 of 6,140
Auto-impedance can’t be changed? Apart from the limited volume output, how is the sound?

The sound is really stunning for a phone. I admit I'm a metalhead so I tend to crank the volume (within reason), so for anyone else I seriously think this could be a "no need for a dedicated DAP" kinda situation.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,423 of 6,140
Not a fan or biased , but I see no chopped up instangram ..... the X screen is simply smaller than v30.

Then just like any iPhones, the X has the most natural color in comparison against all other smartphones on the market.

However, I am still using HTC10 and really interested in V30. My wife has always been using iPhones and I am not, but I gotta give dues credits to iPhones where it deserves

Also, $100 more than LG is not expensive. Even without buying insurance, Apples has 1 year warranty, and more than often, they will do rights by you if you walked in an Apple store with a defective IPhones, be it...dotted screen, distorted loud speakers, over heating issues, or unresponsive to touch screen randomly, a replacement is right there and immediately, where as LG...HTC...Sony.....Samsung....., you will need to go from step A to B to ......etc..etc....and only get a new phones after a month or so by mail, if you are lucky

The X is a LOT smaller, and TBH was incredibly underwhelming.

The v30 is $800, the iPhone X is $1000+.

The X's notch is just stupid.

Fixing an iPhone is insanely expensive.

The X has no headphone jack.

I could keep going.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #1,424 of 6,140
I returned the Triple Drivers after I listened to the P1s.

P1s completely destroyed them. And you are correct, very muddy.
I read the P1s improve on balance, separation and spatial imagery. If I just listen to metal and want simply a forward sounding ball of noise that hits like a ton of bricks, would all these high end headphones above 200USD be overkill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back