LG V30
Nov 2, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #1,007 of 6,140
So I hate to be posting more bad news as I absolutely love this phone.

The issue brought up about wiggling the headphone cable when plugged in causing whatever is playing to pause or stop, started happening with my phone.

Here is a gif of it happening. V30 headphone jack issue https://imgur.com/gallery/1ru0y

First I touch it and then it pauses then I do it again and it wigs out and starts pausing/playing in a infinite loop until unplugged.

*Bonus: gif was made with the v30s built in gif screen capture. The phone is awesome!
Sounds similar to an issue some had with their LG G3 a couple years ago, along with random Google Now pop ups. Wonder if it's a similar fix (rooting and disabling pause/play headset functions by commenting out a line of code), although I guess that would be known by now.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #1,008 of 6,140
I've noticed when plugging in my 64ohms earbuds or headphones. The V30 no longer say "high impedance" mode like the V20 did. It doesn't say anything at all. Anyone else notice that?
Is your the T-Mobile variant?

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,010 of 6,140
Oops, just bought one. However just missed the one they had in stock and need to wait for tomorrows delivery before I can go pick it up.

Guess I better start thinking of what cans to replace my bluetooth set with for commuting.

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #1,012 of 6,140
Tested it out with the HD650. Impressively, drives them well enough that I don't even need full volume (and I like loud music). TMo version, so I can't see the impedance being shown, but it's clearly doing its magic.

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,013 of 6,140
Tested it out with the HD650. Impressively, drives them well enough that I don't even need full volume (and I like loud music). TMo version, so I can't see the impedance being shown, but it's clearly doing its magic.
I have been waiting for this info. My HD650 are at my brother's and I probably won't be able to get them until Christmas, I loaned them out.

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,014 of 6,140

Tried mine today with my HD650s. Pretty decent for a phone. Now I've the 660S in my sights, as my 650s have seen better days.

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,015 of 6,140
Tried mine today with my HD650s. Pretty decent for a phone. Now I've the 660S in my sights, as my 650s have seen better days.

More than decent, I'd say. Listening to metal at 60/75 and I'm not trying to crank it up further. Clarity is pretty much spot on, too.

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,016 of 6,140
Someone have a headphone splitter willing to check if 75 ohm vs 150 vs 300 sounds different. The way I mean is the way we use to trick the v20 and v10 to go high imp I find the ve monk used to do it fine but now seems like I have to get something higher. I have a felling that the high mode is tiered .

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #1,017 of 6,140
Neither me. Early days yet, I guess. I'll give it some time to bed in (and the E70s too). Hopefully it'll improve. And bear n mind in just warming up on Spotify (extreme settings). Waiting for my Sandisk micro SD before getting stuck in to the sound settings (Quad DAC is on but not sure how many cores are being used, E70s are only 39 ohms).

And yes, the phone is outstanding overall. Feels great.
Highly recommend you ditch Spotify for the testing. You may be running into resampling issues with the dac. IMHO v30 and e70 technical and unforgiving, so if something is off, you will hear it. Try flac or hifi with the lg music app and or usb audio player pro.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #1,019 of 6,140
AFAIK none of the US carrier variants come with any headphones, unfortunately.

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #1,020 of 6,140
You obviously have very high standards. Please pm me for my cellphone # when you get bored with your supermodel girlfriend :wink:

In my experience, you need to spend a lot of money on a dedicated DAP (at/beyond the price of the V30) to get better audio than this.

What headphones are you using with your V30?

I'm also curious about one other point - is the EU volume-capping the V30, like it did with the iPhone?
That's not necessarily true. A Cowon Plenue P1 is $399 right now and it makes the V30 sound like a tin can and the V30 is around what? $800?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back