LG V30
Oct 26, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #842 of 6,140
Mine's doing the same thing today. Might be something wrong with the headphone jacks. I also started seeing the blotches on the screen and when i'm in sunlight the screen is fluctuating without the auto brightness. Well, my unit is getting returned.

Sad.... it was a great device.

This incondistent qc issue, as like infamous bootloop, if not addressed by LG, can kill the sales.

V30 has every potential to beat Samsung. But if news like this keep popping up, most people out there dare not buy it

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #843 of 6,140
Mine's doing the same thing today. Might be something wrong with the headphone jacks. I also started seeing the blotches on the screen and when i'm in sunlight the screen is fluctuating without the auto brightness. Well, my unit is getting returned.

Sad.... it was a great device.
It is sad... this is the best option without getting an annoying dongle and dac. I guess ill enjoy the luxury while I can before I have to return it for my iphone 6 again :frowning2: ...

@chillaxing Yeah that is annoying as well...

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #845 of 6,140
This is the faulty jack problem the G6 has. It is fixable.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5cou6

I did this and it works.

You would think LG would learn from its mistakes faster.

Come on LG....You not helping with my motivation to get a V30, at least not right away.

I recently had to do something similar to this to my 4 month old LG V20 (luckily I only paid $310 for my V20)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #846 of 6,140
If LG ever fixes this problem I will buy this phone again. I'm going to miss this sound :frowning2: Can anyone suggest an alternative in the meantime? Is the dragonfly red my only option in terms of portability? Also does it sound as good as this?

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #847 of 6,140
If LG ever fixes this problem I will buy this phone again. I'm going to miss this sound :frowning2: Can anyone suggest an alternative in the meantime? Is the dragonfly red my only option in terms of portability? Also does it sound as good as this?

You can get this adapter from Amazon for $5. When my G6 did that (after a few months of use, tho) it solved the problem.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #848 of 6,140
This incondistent qc issue, as like infamous bootloop, if not addressed by LG, can kill the sales.

V30 has every potential to beat Samsung. But if news like this keep popping up, most people out there dare not buy it

This is perfect for me. Hopefully LG will address all these QC issues in the next batches. Nobody will buy so the price will drop dramatically by the time I can actually afford one next year!

Kidding aside, it's a bummer that LG continues to be plagued with these avoidable issues. Samsung should just go for the throat and throw a nice DAC in the S9.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #849 of 6,140

It's strange, I also had this problem on my G6 (quad dac). , all of my headphones/earphones would eventually start to have problem with the jack. Until I bought a pair of mid-priced IEMs that had none of these issues, works perfectly.

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #850 of 6,140
I guess this is a reason to cease installing a headphone jack in future phones. Seems curious that it wouldn't be robust enough?

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #851 of 6,140
I guess this is a reason to cease installing a headphone jack in future phones. Seems curious that it wouldn't be robust enough?

I don't think it's a reason to remove it. Specially since the V20 never had that issue.

Maybe the culprit is a new supplier.

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #852 of 6,140

I'm puzzled by this post. I know of at least one person (me) that has a V30 that works perfectly. I have dozens of IEMs and a few over-ear cans, some with TRRS 3.5 mm plugs; most with TRS 3.5 mm plugs and they all work perfectly on my V30. Every device has the potential for QC issues, and I totally understand the inconvenience of having to take this back to the store, but why didn't you simply think to ask for a replacement? I guarantee the internet would be on fire about this right now if every single V30 had this problem. They obviously don't.

Why not simply do an exchange at the shop/carrier where you purchased it?

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #854 of 6,140
Fun fact.

I had the loose jack issue on just about every LG phone. When I was at the head-fi meet here I thought some stuff I tried was busted because it wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back