LG V30
Oct 7, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #301 of 6,140
Bit late to the party here, but this phone has only just been released in the UK. Iv'e had a scan through the last 20 pages but not seen anything, does anyone know much about the B&O earphones that are bundles in with this phone?

Very mediocre headphones. They are the same that have been included in past bundles.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #302 of 6,140
Very mediocre headphones. They are the same that have been included in past bundles.

They are reportedly better than the usual bundled headphone and said to be better then Samsung's AKG tuned bundled headphone wich are decent for included headphones.

They are still bundled headphone and probably won't impress most head-fi-ers as we likely have better already.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #303 of 6,140
Never opened mine.... Though anxiously waiting for V30 which will be launched here in mid November

Oct 8, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #305 of 6,140
I spent the whole day with my new V30 and the It03s. What a combo!
The Quad Dac works with all formats, even with Spotify.
The Quad dac presets were useless for me. However, I enjoyed the digital filters, especially the Sharp one which indeed produces a more natural sound that tames the It03 treble peaks in some
songs.
I was able to listen to HR files through Bluetooth with my Kilburn, I suppose that there was some down sampling going on but it was very convenient.
I never had the same fortune playing HR files from my MacBook and Amarra.....

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #306 of 6,140
I spent the whole day with my new V30 and the It03s. What a combo!
The Quad Dac works with all formats, even with Spotify.
The Quad dac presets were useless for me. However, I enjoyed the digital filters, especially the Sharp one which indeed produces a more natural sound that tames the It03 treble peaks in some
songs.
I was able to listen to HR files through Bluetooth with my Kilburn, I suppose that there was some down sampling going on but it was very convenient.
I never had the same fortune playing HR files from my MacBook and Amarra.....

can't wait this to sell in my country.

Oct 9, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #308 of 6,140
Well don't be bummed just yet... multiple people on this thread have said it comes with better ones than I was aware of.

Don't know if that's a market or carrier variance, but I'm interested to see.

Regardless though, I'd be surprised to see any bundled ear buds be of higher quality than the gear already in use by head-fiers

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #310 of 6,140
Hello Folks!

Could you please confirm Tidal MQA stream via USB Audio Player PRO

Unless you were to convince your phone it's a computer, mqa is not currently available from tidal, regardless of player used. Tidal has not released that capability for its mobile applications.

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #311 of 6,140
Hello Folks!

Could you please confirm Tidal MQA stream via USB Audio Player PRO

Unless you were to convince your phone it's a computer, mqa is not currently available from tidal, regardless of player used. Tidal has not released that capability for its mobile applications.

UAPP supports Tidal MQA streaming to an external DAC from any Android device. I think we can assume it will work with the LG V30 internal DAC as well, and look forward to seeing reports here.

Oct 10, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #313 of 6,140
I already have an Audioquest Dragonfly Red that I'm using to power my phone now. Do you guys think the V30 would sound better than the Dragonfly Red? I know the V30 has a more updated DAC (ESS Sabre 9218 vs the Dragonfly's 9016), but the Dragonfly Red does also have a decent amp...

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #314 of 6,140
UAPP supports Tidal MQA streaming to an external DAC from any Android device. I think we can assume it will work with the LG V30 internal DAC as well, and look forward to seeing reports here.

Not fully. With Tidal on PC my Dragonfly Red shows the MQA deep pink colour while streaming Tidal via UAPP to my DFR it reflects the frequency of the track etc and never shows the deep pink.

EDIT

Still sounds excellent anyway.

I'm also interested in feedback of the V30 audio compared to the Dragonfly Red as I'm also considering a V30.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #315 of 6,140
Also, you will get the promotion of $200 visa prepaid card, daydream, and extra year warranty if you buy from any of the US carriers or authorized retailers. This is coming from the rep inside the store.

Hmmm... never heard of the $200 card promotion (couldn't find it on ATT/LG's website, either). Do you mind letting us know which carrier store you went in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back