LG V30
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #271 of 6,140
This completely off topic but few pages back someone mentioned not charging your battery from 0 to 100. I took it to heart after reading similar people mention it through google search. Well it didn't work out so well according to my battery capacity tracker it was ultimate failure I have owned the phone for about 11 months and had only seen 1% capacity in that time. I tried the new method and lost 6% more capacity supposedly within a week. I don't know how accurate this report is but you can see the dates I tried it right after I was rebuked for saying 0 to 100 was better. Non the less from this experience I will just go back to what works for me. I have no say or know nothing how this stuff works I just see what happen to me.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lg-v30.858933/page-14#post-13736216

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 8.43.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 8.43.00 PM.png

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #272 of 6,140
The LG V30+ at Sprint will also uniquely include the LG QuadPlay earbuds included with the phone. These are said to feature LG’s own Quad Layer Speaker Technology for audio described as both rich and accurate.

comes with a earbud

Sep 30, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #273 of 6,140
The LG V30+ at Sprint will also uniquely include the LG QuadPlay earbuds included with the phone. These are said to feature LG’s own Quad Layer Speaker Technology for audio described as both rich and accurate.

comes with a earbud

Lg are in teh top 3 headphone sales in the world, co this may not just be marketing nonsense... but then the top is Beats, so....

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #274 of 6,140
This completely off topic but few pages back someone mentioned not charging your battery from 0 to 100. I took it to heart after reading similar people mention it through google search. Well it didn't work out so well according to my battery capacity tracker it was ultimate failure I have owned the phone for about 11 months and had only seen 1% capacity in that time. I tried the new method and lost 6% more capacity supposedly within a week. I don't know how accurate this report is but you can see the dates I tried it right after I was rebuked for saying 0 to 100 was better. Non the less from this experience I will just go back to what works for me. I have no say or know nothing how this stuff works I just see what happen to me.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lg-v30.858933/page-14#post-13736216

Well I don't think those app are super accurate, and are intended to give you a general idea of you batteries health.

Also if your not draining and charging you batteries they are probably give you a less accurate measurement still.

But it's your device you can charge it whoever you want. Doesn't change the facts stated before. Do dishes is more teaching in the battery. Sometimes my GPS tell me the location is on my left or to turn the wrong way on a one way street, I realize it's flawed and use my common sense instead.

Sep 30, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #275 of 6,140

comes with a earbud
Kinda sucks that the Plus variant is only going to only be available at one of the smaller carriers.

Hopefully they'll be an unlocked International Version available in the near future.

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #277 of 6,140
Bah I pass to something else: v30 is 900e now probabily and with samsung I could buy now a S8 for 520e while having 270e backafter I have bought it giving them my old iPhone 6 16gb, so 250 an s8, I could spend that money for a better amp/dac or for a proper dap while could have with the s8 DeX feature that let me use the Samsung with a mouse keyboard and a monitor like a desktop for streaming, navigate and connecting to a server or another pc like a basic pc

900e is a new Intel i7 1070 gtx 16gb ram PC. I don't understand prices of smartphones' nowadays...900euro is a medium-end very productive desktop PC, which is 15kg metal of hardware compared to featherweight smartphones that cost probably 10x times less to produce.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #279 of 6,140
900e is a new Intel i7 1070 gtx 16gb ram PC. I don't understand prices of smartphones' nowadays...900euro is a medium-end very productive desktop PC, which is 15kg metal of hardware compared to featherweight smartphones that cost probably 10x times less to produce.
A smartphone like the v30 has a the total package in a very little size. And 900 is the first day price, in a year will be 350.

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #280 of 6,140
Though I agree the prices have gotten out of hand and $800 - $900 is a bit ridiculous. I also think you missing the miniaturization aspect.

It's a phone, computer, photo and video camera, multimedia and music playing device all in the palm of your hand. That miniaturization process takes a high level of engineering by high-level engineers.

I for one don't want to carry around a "medium-end very productive desktop PC" with me plus a camera and various other things. But I'm also not willing to pay $900 for my smartphone.

I will patiently wait for the V30 to drop to a reasonable price.

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #284 of 6,140
Looks like you'll have to wait for more than a year to get that kind of price :ksc75smile:
Nope.

I only had to wait a couple months max for v20 at half price. Lg phones are like American cars. They lose half the value soon as walk the phone out the store.

Now Apple on the other hand, yeah I would have to wait close to a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back