LG V30
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #212 of 6,140
sry was pro7 plus lol
v20.... uhm... yes... i could buy an q8 too...but if i buy now a 300/350 phone i couldnt sell for more than half original price cause price of these phones drops too along the v30 and im on strict budget :frowning2:
I will find a solution
EDIT; instead i could buy something like the new meizu pro6 plus cause the price will not drop so much.... boh
btw @artpiggo why s8 isnt in the list of best smartphone for audio if it has the same capabilities of the meizu?jtk

Pro7 plus cirrus logic chip is being both dac and amp in one if I am not remember wrong.

Well, if you didnt just read only spec and go to phone shop to put sd card in it and test out, you wouldn't know the truth of their SQ. Paper spec is still paper spec no matter what era is.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #213 of 6,140
sry was pro7 plus lol
v20.... uhm... yes... i could buy an q8 too...but if i buy now a 300/350 phone i couldnt sell for more than half original price cause price of these phones drops too along the v30 and im on strict budget :frowning2:
I will find a solution
EDIT; instead i could buy something like the new meizu pro6 plus cause the price will not drop so much.... boh
btw @artpiggo why s8 isnt in the list of best smartphone for audio if it has the same capabilities of the meizu?jtk
Because the impelementation is what matters much more than spec's and in case of s8 and it is not even close to anything from the list when it comers to sound quality. Fiio k1 offers a lot better SQ.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #214 of 6,140
yeah man the problem is that the v30 open my eyes to the hi-fi world ( lol ) so i can't know HOW good is SQ of the phone and if it will drive my new headphones that I will not get until January ( stupid idea of joining HE4xx when you're bored of your old cans).
Another problem would be that where i live i cant shop the meizu, i have to buy it online... but even if the phone could drive the hifimans I prefer v30 over the meizu cause for the same reason of before (being new of this hifi world) I dont still have any FLAC song cause i use spotify ( much easier than drop mp3 on a phone with 16gb ) so I would subscribe Tidal and enjoy better SQ with MQA capabilities of V30 than any other phone or DAP with tidal and without MQA capabilities...
Hey btw I was not askin about why there wasnt specs on your thread ( I still didnt saw them), I was askin because I had the idea that you were puttin in that list every phone with a good dac/amp chip different than the snapdragon ones while describing their SQ and reccomending the good ones, that's it :)
EDIT: I am reading about nubia z17 and his SQ... if I will know something i will write on your 3d but it seems to sound very vey good... but there is always that f* MQA issue :frowning2:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #215 of 6,140
If you are new to hifi world, Maybe you would check out the shop that has DAP (digital audio player) demo unit and test out e.g. sony shop would have A35, zx100, nw1a, 1z available.

Go test and start learn from it. Use those DAP as reference. Then when you get the smartphone, it will be much easier to understand what is considered as good SQ and what is not.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #216 of 6,140
sorry man can't do that, in my city there isn't a shop that has got them... To go and come back to the one that I know has got DAP and everithing to try I should destroy myself driving for an entire day getting up at 6AM.... not gonna make it

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #217 of 6,140
:cry: this seems really tough. It is really hard to understand hifi without trying ourselves.

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #218 of 6,140
I will take a magni 3 or build myself a good amp to use at home with the phone btw :/ desktop amp, he4xx and LGv30 dac seems to me as a good startpoint:fingers_crossed:... if someone want to suggest me something PM are welcome

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #219 of 6,140
:cry: this seems really tough. It is really hard to understand hifi without trying ourselves.

We only have ourselves to blame: using Amazon and friends killed the shop. Sure the prices were seductive, and returns policy seemed faultless, but we lost the chance to get expert hi-fi help in person and to physically try them.

Except, I live near Hong Kong, where every headphone and DAP you've ever heard of is available for demonstration, heavily discounted, from multiple shops.

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #221 of 6,140
V30 price at HK at that time would be appealing to get. Just ensure you know good store there is. (From my exp, LG phone price is dropping ~$30 per month in my country counting from first month of import)

For DAP, there wont be anything discounted cuz they dont usually drop the price without manufucturer notices. Might be some refurbish AK or onkyo model on sale there.

But you might love to try out DX200 there, it is a great end-game DAP btw.

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #222 of 6,140
I know I saw the site some hours ago... DX500+Amp3 would be a killer but got the budget for only one device (I am a student/worker) so I will find a solution to go on and get v30 at like 450.
btw what you think about v20 dac vs dx200 amp or any other amp like modi mb or others?
when was asking about estores vs hong kong, i was saying about estores like eglobal that sells and sand from HK

Sep 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #223 of 6,140
We only have ourselves to blame: using Amazon and friends killed the shop. Sure the prices were seductive, and returns policy seemed faultless, but we lost the chance to get expert hi-fi help in person and to physically try them.

Except, I live near Hong Kong, where every headphone and DAP you've ever heard of is available for demonstration, heavily discounted, from multiple shops.

True, but many of those 'experts' (here in the States anyway) were underpaid and unknowledgeable employees or overpaid jerks.

It was nice to see products in person and be able to buy on the spot without shipping times. We can still do this with cell phones, however, so I saw the V10 in person before deciding to buy.

I only started shopping online after local retailers that I used to patronize made it clear they didn't want my business. Don't think I've ever been racially profiled while shopping online.

Sep 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #224 of 6,140
I know I saw the site some hours ago... DX500+Amp3 would be a killer but got the budget for only one device (I am a student/worker) so I will find a solution to go on and get v30 at like 450.
btw what you think about v20 dac vs dx200 amp or any other amp like modi mb or others?
when was asking about estores vs hong kong, i was saying about estores like eglobal that sells and sand from HK

Dx200+Amp3 is a competitor to Sony WM1Z a 3k DAP. I doubt any smartphone can even compete

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #225 of 6,140
This is correct. More people are getting V30s now though, to test on carrier networks (like me) so more info will be leaking out. For instance, I'd say the V30+ is on par with the Onkyo DP-X1 (which I also have) in SE mode, for SQ and features, but with a weaker amp: excellent for IEMs, very good for efficient on-ears, and needs a decent external amp for most everything else. There's other things I can't say, that pertain to software and services, but it won't be long before that's out.

IMO, this is the audiophile phone to get, hands down.

I thought it was already supposed to be available? Clearly I am wrong... When might we see it available in the US? This seems like the device for me. The SQ of the DPX1 is fine enough for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back