LG V30
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,756 of 6,140
Use a dap... :) I recommend FiiO X7ii.

Hmmm...never could get my DAPs to make phone calls! Also, really enjoyed having an extra box to carry around. :ksc75smile:

Seriously though, isn't that kind of a fundamental reason for this type of device? It gets more than close enough to an 'audiophile' experience in an easy to use, compact form factor.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #1,759 of 6,140
Same, would've got the Note 8 instead.

I traded the Note 8 for the v30 and I admit while I'm taking pictures with the front camera I find myself second guessing this.

Then again, the N8's wildly unimpressive headphone audio helps that feeling fade.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,760 of 6,140
I traded the Note 8 for the v30 and I admit while I'm taking pictures with the front camera I find myself second guessing this.

Then again, the N8's wildly unimpressive headphone audio helps that feeling fade.
Agreed, the front camera is the biggest drawback but then I never take selfies so this phone is the best phone available by a country mile.

I'd of actually liked a bigger screen as to my interest in the Note 8, having also had the Note 7 which I loved to bits and the Huawei Note 8 which was 6.4inches!

I was wary of the camera but in manual mode I've taken some really beautiful shots. Auto mode doesn't do it justice. Not as good as the Pixel but certainly better than the oversaturated mess Samsung and Apple offer.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,761 of 6,140
Agreed, the front camera is the biggest drawback but then I never take selfies so this phone is the best phone available by a country mile.

I'd of actually liked a bigger screen as to my interest in the Note 8, having also had the Note 7 which I loved to bits and the Huawei Note 8 which was 6.4inches!

I was wary of the camera but in manual mode I've taken some really beautiful shots. Auto mode doesn't do it justice. Not as good as the Pixel but certainly better than the oversaturated mess Samsung and Apple offer.

I don't like the word "selfie," but I do a fair amount of facetime calls and for various other reasons I do use the front camera and yikes. Though you're spot on with the back camera. Samsung way oversaturate's the colors, even in auto-mode LG does it better. Amusingly, I do far less rear camera than front.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,762 of 6,140
I don't like the word "selfie," but I do a fair amount of facetime calls and for various other reasons I do use the front camera and yikes. Though you're spot on with the back camera. Samsung way oversaturate's the colors, even in auto-mode LG does it better. Amusingly, I do far less rear camera than front.
Haha and there I was thinking you were a schoolgirl/Instawhore. :wink:

There basically isn't a best phone, just one which suits your preferences.

V30 - Pros: Quad DAC/User experience (IP68,3.5mm jack, SD card, Military Grade) Cons: Front camera
Note 8 - Best screen/Pen Cons: Bad fingerprint position
Pixel 2 XL - Pros: Best rear camera/ Cons: No 3.5mm jack/SD card
Apple X - Pros: Best front cam Cons: Notch, No 3.5mm jack/SD card
Oneplus 5T - Pros: Affordability/Performance Cons: No IP rating/ SD card/1080p
Mate 10 Pro - Pros: Design/battery life Cons: No 3.5mm jack/SD card/1080p

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,763 of 6,140
Guys I just got the v30 plus great phone and sound quality quite comparable with my fiio x7ii

However I don't see the option to see which type of device is connected in HiFi DAC screen...what can be the issue ?

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,764 of 6,140
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,766 of 6,140
thanks buddy, is there any app to force dac to use high impedence mode all the time irrespective of any headphone connected
Not currently.

There is a trick though. I used a 3.5mm adapter cable, plugged in a high impedence headphone and then switched to a low impendence headphone and it stayed in high impendence mode but others have been hit and miss.

Many here will tell you there isn't a point doing so and I have to concur with low impendence headphones as I heard no audible difference however with headphones near the threshold, there was definitely a difference.

Good luck!

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #1,768 of 6,140
thanks buddy, is there any app to force dac to use high impedence mode all the time irrespective of any headphone connected

You should not be doing that. It is not beneficial. The only reason to force HI mode is if you have a higher impedance headphone that, for whatever reason, won't trigger it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back