LG V20 Sound Quality
May 11, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #2,521 of 4,141
hi there...would be for my sony z1r cans or flc 8s iems..maybe senn hd650 (if i keep them)

Switch the role on the nexus 5 + mojo/ipod brick to a V20 and you shall get the simplicity and the convenience of having the V20 as your daily quality source of audiophile on the go , without the hassle , troublesome of bringing a thick stack on the move , just a piece of extra spare battery is enough for the day .
But having said that , first thing first you got to find out , experience it , whether or not the V20 types of audiophile standards meets your expectations with your iem / headphones .

In my case , my ultimate objective is having a stand alone set-up of just 1 device 1 Iem which is capable for all occasions , currently my primary usage for the V20 is reserve strictly as my daily dose of portable music on the go , for home use I enjoy more on desktop with the creative labs sound blaster E5 which I purchased initially to use it as OTG with the HTC one .
With the current V20 enormous amount of output power at high impedance mode to powered my beloved asg2.5 daily on the move , apparently I don't need having extras , for now .

May 11, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #2,522 of 4,141
Switch the role on the nexus 5 + mojo/ipod brick to a V20 and you shall get the simplicity and the convenience of having the V20 as your daily quality source of audiophile on the go , without the hassle , troublesome of bringing a thick stack on the move , just a piece of extra spare battery is enough for the day .
But having said that , first thing first you got to find out , experience it , whether or not the V20 types of audiophile standards meets your expectations with your iem / headphones .

In my case , my ultimate objective is having a stand alone set-up of just 1 device 1 Iem which is capable for all occasions , currently my primary usage for the V20 is reserve strictly as my daily dose of portable music on the go , for home use I enjoy more on desktop with the creative labs sound blaster E5 which I purchased initially to use it as OTG with the HTC one .
With the current V20 enormous amount of output power at high impedance mode to powered my beloved asg2.5 daily on the move , apparently I don't need having extras , for now .

thanks...for home I have a separate desktop setup.
so yes seeking v20 for strictly on the go but want primo sound.
also considering a real dap: AK300 or such, too, (need streaming for my tidal)

May 11, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #2,523 of 4,141
thanks...for home I have a separate desktop setup.
so yes seeking v20 for strictly on the go but want primo sound.
also considering a real dap: AK300 or such, too, (need streaming for my tidal)

Yeah , that AK 300 is on my radar , mostly for its muscular looks . Haven't got a chance to try it out , too many commitments too little cash

May 12, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2,525 of 4,141
Looking to source another piece of micro SD card with the V20 , preferably one with the latest generation and a storage of 128 or 256 GB .

I heard different brand / types of micro SD card does has some effects over quality on the audio files while playing back on players . True or false I'm not sure .
But would like to seek opinions on which type / brand is most suitable to be used on the V20 for audio files ?

Currently I'm using my 4yrs old Samsung evo 32gb class10 card for audio storage .

Any Top notch , reliable card to recommend ?

I use Sandisk Ultra Class 10 exclusively, never had a failure. Fast and bulletproof. No need for anything fancier (and more expensive).

May 12, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #2,526 of 4,141
Cheap cable .
question: if the lg v20 were a dap or dac...which one would it most resemble in SQ/signature?

I say most resembles as a DAC , apparently the LG engineers had found a good way of how to correctly implemented the 4 dac in a way that could somehow cleverly shield off interference in a way of having absolutely Zero hiss , noise floor which I hasn't picked up any since day one on my iem with the Sensitivity of 123dB @1mW
( in high impedance gain mode + maximum volume )

That's remarkable from a mobile phone pov

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #2,527 of 4,141
I use Sandisk Ultra Class 10 exclusively, never had a failure. Fast and bulletproof. No need for anything fancier (and more expensive).

I had a couple of days left till next Tuesday to make a decision .
I had been using the Samsung evo for years and hasn't got any user experience with the SanDisk sd , but I did owned a 128gb SanDisk ultra dual usb 3.0 OTG for close to 2 years and speed , performance wise I got no complaints consider the purchased price .

I guess it's just Samsung or the SanDisk , I'll see what's the price difference for both @ 256gb

May 13, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #2,529 of 4,141
Enhance my music further with a relatively simple to use equalizer from play store . been using this eq for many years on my note2 and htc one .
It's by far the best stand alone equalizer i had used on all my mobile devices .
Even though its a 5 band and a very simple looking one , it's capable enough to tuned your music .

It works flawlessly on spotify , YouTube , Google play music , and most music player , but not on the stock player .

LGV20 ( high impedance gain mode )
Aurisonics ASG2.5

Equalizer paid version .
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

spotify premium

Capture+_2017-05-13-21-15-42.png
Capture+_2017-05-13-21-15-22.png

Share one of my settings on the equalizer .
Better dynamics overall , without losing the details , clarity or changing the SQ , signature with the enable of the Sound amplifier at maximum lever .
volume on the V20 is between 40-50 , very loud but without distortion on my asg2.5 .

The slider on the eq are very sensitive and responsive even by a slightest touch . so move the slider slow and steady bit by bit .

The Sound amplifier does not work with my previous mobile , this is the first time im able to activate the sound amplifier , working very solid on the V20 . i could not believe what I've been hearing .

Simply incredible.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #2,530 of 4,141
Thanks for the share...

May 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #2,533 of 4,141
May 13, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2,534 of 4,141
@Dellwolf You mentioned powering your DT990 600ohm headphones with the V20 at a reasonable volume, which is incredible. I'm actually looking into getting DT990's myself, for pairing with the V20 as well.

1) Should I go for the 250 ohm DT990 for the V20, or is the 600ohm still a good choice?
2) What volume level are you at for your personal listening? Have you ever found yourself wanting to increase the volume, but couldn't?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back