LG V20 Sound Quality
May 8, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #2,492 of 4,141
It definitely adjusts gain dependant on what's plugged into it - it does not drive my 80 ohm Beyers significantly louder than my 250 ohm version, and my 55 ohm AKGs DO go louder than the Beyers but I believe this is due to higher sensitivity and not lower impedance.

So , in your opinion , which impedance adapter jack should I go with ? 75ohms , 150ohms , 300ohms ?
My asg2.5 spec as below

Impedance: 41 ohm +/- 10% @ 1kHz, Sensitivity: 123dB @1mW .

The LG stock player is good enough , but one thing that bothers me is that the V20 doesn't comes with a stock equalizer which user can adjustable manually , though it does comes with some of the pre tune ones which I can't get to grips with .

Anyway , Your thoughts please , with regards of choosing the Impedance adapter for my 41ohms iem ? How many ohms adapter makes the most sense ? any input is greatly appreciated .

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #2,493 of 4,141
So , in your opinion , which impedance adapter jack should I go with ? 75ohms , 150ohms , 300ohms ?
My asg2.5 spec as below

Impedance: 41 ohm +/- 10% @ 1kHz, Sensitivity: 123dB @1mW .

The LG stock player is good enough , but one thing that bothers me is that the V20 doesn't comes with a stock equalizer which user can adjustable manually , though it does comes with some of the pre tune ones which I can't get to grips with .

Anyway , Your thoughts please , with regards of choosing the Impedance adapter for my 41ohms iem ? How many ohms adapter makes the most sense ? any input is greatly appreciated .

I have no experience with impedance adapters, but I would think that you should try all of them and see what works for you. The V20 should increase gain the higher the load, but this does not necessarily mean that it will play louder. The Aurisonics are so sensitive that I would take care with using them with artificially boosted impedance.
The lack of EQ on the stock player is irritating sometimes, but the user is unable to change EQ when playing 24 bit files anyway. The presets are simply unusable in my opinion - on the very rare occasion I use the bass boost, most times it degrades the SQ.
The major benefit of the stock player is the manner in which it renders 320kbps files.

May 9, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,495 of 4,141
Custom pre set on stock player allows customization of eq. though limited to only 5 bands. Just saying.....

Not on my version of the stock player - these are the only options, no 5 band EQ.

Screenshot_2017-05-09-17-01-25_zpscg9euvrh.png

May 9, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #2,497 of 4,141
Remove it , as what the description has taught and indicate , the reason I ask and seek confirmation is there's quite a number of different types of impedance adapter in various ohms ,
So naturally my thoughts was , if by using the 75ohms adapter ( as indicated in the description ) is of any differences by using a 150 or 300 ohms adapter ?

With regards of 50ohms and higher impedance , Will the V20 differ its gain output depending on different ohms ? Or the V20 will just output the same gains all across regardless ?

It doesn't matter which one you use, anything over 50 ohms will trigger high impedance mode

May 9, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #2,498 of 4,141
Output related to ohm will not incrementally go up as the ohm adapter is increased above and beyond 50. It will increase power a set amount when 50ohm or above is detected. Exact numbers i believe are posted earlier in this thread.

May 9, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #2,499 of 4,141
I have no experience with impedance adapters, but I would think that you should try all of them and see what works for you. The V20 should increase gain the higher the load, but this does not necessarily mean that it will play louder. The Aurisonics are so sensitive that I would take care with using them with artificially boosted impedance.
The lack of EQ on the stock player is irritating sometimes, but the user is unable to change EQ when playing 24 bit files anyway. The presets are simply unusable in my opinion - on the very rare occasion I use the bass boost, most times it degrades the SQ.
The major benefit of the stock player is the manner in which it renders 320kbps files.

Yes , I'll take noted and take extra care on that artificial raised impedance on the 2.5 when used on the V20 with high gain mode .

I'm more on spotify so I rely more on EQing all the time .

Not on my version of the stock player - these are the only options, no 5 band EQ.

From this screen shot , looks like my V20 version is similar to yours , with exactly the same pre tuned eq , no 5 band adjustable eq .
mine is the Asia version and its tuned by B&O , which comes With B&O headset inside the box , and also spot a B&O logo behind the back case .
Are yours the same ?

That's odd. Mine has "CUSTOM" as the last choice in the list after vocal and when selected opens to a adjustable eq. 60, 230, 910, 4k and 14K.

From my understanding , it has 2 version for different markets with the LG V20 .
One is the US version comes without B&O tuned , the Asia version spot B&O logo behind the back , and comes with B&O headset inside the box , and the Asia version has been pre tuned by B&O .

Which is yours ? Asia or US version ?

It doesn't matter which one you use, anything over 50 ohms will trigger high impedance mode

Ok noted , understood .

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #2,500 of 4,141
Output related to ohm will not incrementally go up as the ohm adapter is increased above and beyond 50. It will increase power a set amount when 50ohm or above is detected. Exact numbers i believe are posted earlier in this thread.

So which means , anything above 50ohms would increase the same set amount of power correct ? Regardless whether or not it's 75 ohms , 250 ohms , 300 ohms , it's the same correct ?

May 9, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #2,502 of 4,141
Yes , I'll take noted and take extra care on that artificial raised impedance on the 2.5 when used on the V20 with high gain mode .

I'm more on spotify so I rely more on EQing all the time .

From this screen shot , looks like my V20 version is similar to yours , with exactly the same pre tuned eq , no 5 band adjustable eq .
mine is the Asia version and its tuned by B&O , which comes With B&O headset inside the box , and also spot a B&O logo behind the back case .
Are yours the same ?

From my understanding , it has 2 version for different markets with the LG V20 .
One is the US version comes without B&O tuned , the Asia version spot B&O logo behind the back , and comes with B&O headset inside the box , and the Asia version has been pre tuned by B&O .

Which is yours ? Asia or US version ?

US TMobile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back