LG V20 Sound Quality
Apr 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #2,447 of 4,141
no bootloop issues with v20 so far...

but

screen burn! anyone got tht?
Nope, no screen burn. I've never understood how people have that happen on their phone.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #2,448 of 4,141
Mine is 5 months old and no issues whatsoever (touch wood)...
atsmile.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #2,449 of 4,141
My V20 appears to get along with my PM3s and very well with my Sines. In fact the LG phones in high impedance mode are the only ones which can drive them with quiet tracks

Thanks for the feedback. Do the PM-3's enable the high impedance mode automatically?

I'm also tossing up to buy a dedicated DAP (pioneer xdp100r) but hoping to not carry two devices if possible.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #2,450 of 4,141
Thanks for the feedback. Do the PM-3's enable the high impedance mode automatically?

I'm also tossing up to buy a dedicated DAP (pioneer xdp100r) but hoping to not carry two devices if possible.

No they don't. but unplugging the cable at the headphone end before plugging in the phone end puts it in external mode, which is usually enough.

If you want high impedance mode a simple inline 3.5mm socket with 470 ohm resistors to ground will sort it out.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #2,454 of 4,141
İ founded second hand sony zx2 (580usd). İ cant sure that i should buy. Or Should i buy v20? Also i have ie800 iem.

LOL...if you are getting a new phone and want it to double as a DAC/player, the V20 will not disappoint.  But don't get the V20 if you already have a phone - get the ZX-2 instead.

I don't use my MoJo anymore because my V20 is so capable...

CJ
L3000.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #2,455 of 4,141
LOL...if you are getting a new phone and want it to double as a DAC/player, the V20 will not disappoint.  But don't get the V20 if you already have a phone - get the ZX-2 instead.

I don't use my MoJo anymore because my V20 is so capable...

CJ
:L3000:  

İ live in tokyo. İf i buy zx2, it will be japan version. Also i want to buy new phone because my phone is very old.

İs there very different between zx2 and v20?

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #2,456 of 4,141
İ live in tokyo. İf i buy zx2, it will be japan version. Also i want to buy new phone because my phone is very old.

İs there very different between zx2 and v20?

The ZX2, overall, IMHO (I've owned both), sounds more pleasing to me than the v20 but it's not a huge difference and it depends on your taste in music.  I tend to listen to pop, jazz, and vocals - no heavy metal or techno.  Using  your phone as a DAC can sometimes be a pain unless you put it in airplane mode while listening to music so keep that in mind.

Personally, if funds are short, I would just get the v20 and upgrade to a MoJo or MoJo v2 (when it comes out) later on as funds are available if you want to upgrade.

Good luck!

CJ
:)

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #2,457 of 4,141
I'm selling my DAP and AMP now.  I just don't see the need for them with the V20 in hand.   Life is much simpler having one device for everything - and the sound is excellent.  

The V20 DAC sound profile is a nice match with my HD 650's (which are fuller on the low end, very slight roll off on the high's).

I sure hope this type of offering is around in 3-4 years when i need to refresh.   

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,458 of 4,141
I'm selling my DAP and AMP now.  I just don't see the need for them with the V20 in hand.   Life is much simpler having one device for everything - and the sound is excellent.  

The V20 DAC sound profile is a nice match with my HD 650's (which are fuller on the low end, very slight roll off on the high's).

I sure hope this type of offering is around in 3-4 years when i need to refresh.

The way manufacturers are trending, it dozen't look promising. We can only hope...

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #2,459 of 4,141
Water proofing. But that would kill the removable battery.

Dont believe this false reasoning. Gasket material could have been used inside the back cover. I can't tell you how many gadgets I've had over the years that was both waterproof and had removable batteries. I even have a portable flashlight that you can take a dive with, and it takes AA batteries.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #2,460 of 4,141
Dont believe this false reasoning. Gasket material could have been used inside the back cover. I can't tell you how many gadgets I've had over the years that was both waterproof and had removable batteries. I even have a portable flashlight that you can take a dive with, and it takes AA batteries.

Completely agree with that. But to be honest. It has a higher chance of wear and tear causing waterproofing to be damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back