LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 25, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #466 of 4,141
Not true friend. The it's true that the v10 didn't work with every other app, but is totally inaccurate to say it didn't work with any other app. That was my daily driver from October of last year until about a month ago. The HiFi everywhere app did make it work pretty seamlessly with every app though, which it did not do out of the box.

On a more important note, I get my V20 in about 12 hours. Exciting stuff. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #467 of 4,141
You are correct and it does check all of the boxes you mentioned. Transparency, details, clarity, noise free and drives my planar magnetic on external mode, what's not to like?

it's funny you said that, the V10's DAC doesn't work with other apps other than it's music app unless you have downloaded an app called Hifi everywhere... 
with my lengthy experience with the DP-X1, i have not have an issue with multiple music apps with it (apple music, tidal , spotify, onkyo player,... etc) I have yet to see an app that didn't work.

would any of you assume that the V20 would be the best match for my Hifiman HE400S ?
i don't want an external DAP, all i want is a phone.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #469 of 4,141
Not true friend. The it's true that the v10 didn't work with every other app, but is totally inaccurate to say it didn't work with any other app. That was my daily driver from October of last year until about a month ago. The HiFi everywhere app did make it work pretty seamlessly with every app though, which it did not do out of the box.

On a more important note, I get my V20 in about 12 hours. Exciting stuff. 

I didn't say that the phone didn't work, what I said is the phone does not utilize the DAC for other apps other than the native music player... You can even search that on the v10 post in this forum. And if you still do not believe... I own a V10 too...

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #470 of 4,141
Have you downloaded the "Dac Fix for V10" on your V20? Even though it doesn't state it's for the V20 it is nonetheless fully compatible... It certainly seemed to unlock Hi-Fi for all apps. Listening to Spotify right now and it's juicy as can be.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phascinate.lgv10.dacfix

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #472 of 4,141

it's funny you said that, the V10's DAC doesn't work with other apps other than it's music app unless you have downloaded an app called Hifi everywhere... 
with my lengthy experience with the DP-X1, i have not have an issue with multiple music apps with it (apple music, tidal , spotify, onkyo player,... etc) I have yet to see an app that didn't work.

I didn't say that the phone didn't work, what I said is the phone does not utilize the DAC for other apps other than the native music player... You can even search that on the v10 post in this forum. And if you still do not believe... I own a V10 too...

I'm guessing you didn't read the V10 threads (at least not all the way through).

Since the Android 6.0 update even the Hifi Everywhere app is no longer needed. Since early this year I've been using Poweramp Alpha, Neutron, Jet Audio, HibyMusic, UAPP, and Foobar on my V10. All with the dac working. Even Onkyo HF player works with the V10's dac now.

Don't know how you confirm if other apps are using the dedicated audio hardware on the DP-X1, but with the V10's on/off setting for the dac you can clearly hear the difference no matter the app. Before Hifi Everywhere and Android 6.0, turning it on/off made no difference outside of the stock player. Now, anyone can easily tell when the Snapdragon cpu's dac is running versus the ESS chips.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #473 of 4,141
I was hoping it gets close, that's all. Can't blame me, they said QUAD DAC, right? In a way I'm happy because that means my DP-X1 is not going anywhere. I found it is better to use a DAP to listen to music, as there are no interruptions and my phone's battery is preserved.
I can always stack the V20 with Mojo if I'm in the mood for HQ audio on the go. I do that quite a bit with DP-X1 and it works a treat.

hi lg v20+mojo good sound???

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #474 of 4,141
My lg g5 with the b&o play sounds to my ears as good as my mojo!!

I will most likely trade up to the v20!

I personally think that the mojo is seriously over rated, it's not a miracle product. In fact my preference goings to my Nw zx2 with Shure se846, with out filters.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #476 of 4,141
Have you downloaded the "Dac Fix for V10" on your V20? Even though it doesn't state it's for the V20 it is nonetheless fully compatible... It certainly seemed to unlock Hi-Fi for all apps. Listening to Spotify right now and it's juicy as can be.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phascinate.lgv10.dacfix

when I play spotify without the fix, it says I am in HiFi mode, is that not true?

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #477 of 4,141
Got the V20 yesterday.  Only listened for a little bit.  Used my se 846 with stock music player and pro audio.  I already have a G5 that I use with either my lg hi fi module as an external source, or the dragonfly red.  The V20 sounds comparable to the G5 with the external dacs.  To me that's a very good thing.  I need to spend a little time to compare the two side by side, but the V20  sounds good.  I'll let you know when I compare the two with other iems and full size, but I'm liking the V20.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #478 of 4,141
  Got the V20 yesterday.  Only listened for a little bit.  Used my se 846 with stock music player and pro audio.  I already have a G5 that I use with either my lg hi fi module as an external source, or the dragonfly red.  The V20 sounds comparable to the G5 with the external dacs.  To me that's a very good thing.  I need to spend a little time to compare the two side by side, but the V20  sounds good.  I'll let you know when I compare the two with other iems and full size, but I'm liking the V20.

... to clarify, when you say external DACs, you are saying that the V20 sounds as good as the G5 with HiFi module and the G5 with Dragonfly Red, or just G5 with HiFi module?

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #479 of 4,141
I think the V20 is comparable to wither dac..  I need to listen to the two phones together.  But I actually like the sound of the lg hi fi module slightly better than the dragonfly, although it's close.  The dragonfly uses less battery.  Lg hi fi is  power hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back