LG V20 Sound Quality
Sep 21, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #198 of 4,141
  there is tiny dac on the lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter.

Which is why I made that statement. Why would they say the iPhone 7 sounds good in any capacity? What they should've said was the external DAC that ships with the iPhone 7 sounds pretty good.

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #201 of 4,141
I'm new to the world of portable audio. I recently bought a Fiio e18 DAC for my current phone. I had bought a note 7 but I had to return it for obvious reasons. I'm now looking at either going back to the note 7 or geting the v20. My current phone is a note 4. Given that the v20 has a built in high quality DAC is there any need for a headphone amp? How does the output compare to the E18?

Thanks

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #203 of 4,141
I'm new to the world of portable audio. I recently bought a Fiio e18 DAC for my current phone. I had bought a note 7 but I had to return it for obvious reasons. I'm now looking at either going back to the note 7 or geting the v20. My current phone is a note 4. Given that the v20 has a built in high quality DAC is there any need for a headphone amp? How does the output compare to the E18?

Thanks

Imo, the E18 is redundant with any of the V series phones. I no longer use my E18 since getting the V10.

Just be aware that the V20, like the V10 and unlike the E18, may not have a manual gain setting.

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #206 of 4,141
Some interesting comments regarding sound quality here: http://www.chipchick.com/2016/09/lg-v20-review.html/2 Generally very positive.

I'm a little worried though about there only being 16 volume steps when using the HiFi DAC.  I find this a real problem when using my HRT microstreamer DAC/amp to the extent that it can sometimes be pretty much unusable if my preferred listening volume is between the much higher or lower options available.

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #207 of 4,141
Doesn't the volume stepping depend on which music app you would be using? Pr does the hifi DAC only work with the stock app? Or am I just completely off about this....and probably everything I know. Do I need to rethink my life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back