LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 27, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #557 of 4,141
as a V20 owner coming from note 7. There are  pluses and minuses . 

Yes the note 7s screen smokes the v20s. No arguing that.

Yes the note 7s spen is amazing, and v20 doesnt have that.

Yes the note 7 has waterproof and wireless charging. Gonna miss both of those.

Thats where it ends.

V20 has dual screens. VERY useful. Especially when you can change music tracks and pause music without having to even turn the darn screen on or leaving an app to do it. 

V20 has superior sound in call quality and sound. The quad dac obliterates the note 7's x 2502020502  LOL. 

The v20's camera is on par with the notes. I took comparison shots but are very close, thats personal preference. But the wide angle lens is awesome, a feature the note 7 didnt have. And optical zoom 2x. Also the sound recording quality smokes the note 7's recording too. This has high quality sound recording. Studio quality I should say.

Samsungs UI lags so bad sometimes, LG's does NOT. This thing is buttery smooth baby. Yea the launcher is ugly, but slap on NOVA or google now launcher and be done with it. 

Is the v20 a perfect phone? Nope.

Is the v20 an amazing phone? Yes

Both phones were great. But since the note 7 went down the crapper. The v20 easily replaces it no problem. I also tried the pixel xl for a few days, and its too small for me. Got boring quick too.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #558 of 4,141
  This is what I was talking about a page or two back when I said the screen isn't at all accurate. I wonder if the V10 measures the same. Either way, sound is more important to us here on head-fi than the display.

While that does suck (I mean, really... how can you produce some of the better 4K TV sets out there, and still make a subpar screen on your phone)?  I'm still more about the audio than the screen color gamut... 'cause, I don't produce content with my phone.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #559 of 4,141
Also not as durable as the V10 either. It bends pretty badly, and the camera "glass" is very fragile. I'm honestly sick of seeing phones with a camera hump, it's especially annoying to those like me that don't like to put cases on their phones. 

V20 durability test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBlUL-7Dl4U

V10 test done by the same person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8BwCx3l3k

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #560 of 4,141
Oct 27, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #562 of 4,141
  thought i read somewhere it had optical 2x. maybe im wrong

The iPhone 7 Plus does. The extra camera in the V20 is a wide angle lens at a lower megapixel.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #565 of 4,141
The 2 selling features of this phone are the dac and removable battery.

You forgot about the micro SD card slot.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #567 of 4,141
Most Note 7 users went to a different galaxy series so no.

Yea, but compared to the iPhones or the Pixel phones that don't have an sd card slot.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #569 of 4,141
Very true. Plus I am a backpacker removable batteries are brilliant.

I just don't like the idea that with all these other phones youre paying hundreds, sometimes close to a thousand for a phone that will eventually become a paperweight once the battery wears out. I don't ever want a phone with a battery sealed in. If you're trading in a phone every year I guess it doesn't matter, but I usually keep my phones for 2 plus years, maybe more.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #570 of 4,141
I got an email from Clove.co.uk today telling me that they won't be selling the v20 at all. In fact there's no place in Europe to get one. I'm in Ireland and got my v10 through these lads so I'm pretty gutted I can't get a v20..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back