LG V20 Sound Quality
Jul 19, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,732 of 4,141
Correct. Headphone cable into adaptor, into extension then into the phone.

What type of extension and headphones? Have you tried just the adapter + headphones just to see if that works? I've found that not all extenders work

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #2,733 of 4,141
Correct. Headphone cable into adaptor, into extension then into the phone.

And just to confirm are you plugging the extension into the phone last, after connecting the impedance adapter and headphones to the extension cable.

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #2,736 of 4,141
JUst in case anyone is wondering. I have the LG V20 - Fiio x3ii - Sony Walkman A25 - IPod touch 5th gen. The V20 and X3ii have a very similar sound. The V20 has a more aggressive profile compared to the X3's that sounds a little further away. If that makes any sense .. I like the X3 a little better just because the instrument separation is better and the soundstage is more spread out. The bass is better on the V20 though. II personally like the Sony the best out of all that I have. It has a little darker sound but just as clear. I know it depends a lot on which headphones you have as well.. I have the Shure se215 - Westone UM2 - Beyer dt77pro - and beyer dt990 premium.

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,739 of 4,141
Has anyone tried Ety Kids with this phone? Extremely low volume here. Funny considering they drive HD650s. Thanks!

That makes sense, they're the same impedance as the 650s but much lower sensitivity

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #2,740 of 4,141
Hi, who knows why my Shure Scl5 (110 ohm) doesn't activate the high impedance mode on the V20?
Thanks...

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #2,743 of 4,141
And just to confirm are you plugging the extension into the phone last, after connecting the impedance adapter and headphones to the extension cable.
Quick question that's probably been answered:

Why do you need an extender? Also, do you need to keep everything hooked up or just trick it once and then plug headphones in directly?

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #2,744 of 4,141
Quick question that's probably been answered:

Why do you need an extender? Also, do you need to keep everything hooked up or just trick it once and then plug headphones in directly?

The extender is used for a couple of reasons

1. to trick the system into playing in Aux mode as that seems to be the default mode with no load. Then you can plug your IEMs or headphones into the extender
2. The extender is part of the chain so once you've "tricked" it into a higher impedance mode with the impedance adapter and your iems or headphones all connected, you can then take it apart so you're able to remove the impedance adapter.

Another alternative to this is if you are able to root your phone is to edit the mixer paths file as described in the LG V10 thread (A search of that forum for the word mixer will find it quickly) Then no adapters etc are required.

Have fun.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,745 of 4,141
The extender is used for a couple of reasons

1. to trick the system into playing in Aux mode as that seems to be the default mode with no load. Then you can plug your IEMs or headphones into the extender
2. The extender is part of the chain so once you've "tricked" it into a higher impedance mode with the impedance adapter and your iems or headphones all connected, you can then take it apart so you're able to remove the impedance adapter.

Another alternative to this is if you are able to root your phone is to edit the mixer paths file as described in the LG V10 thread (A search of that forum for the word mixer will find it quickly) Then no adapters etc are required.

Have fun.
How high does the impedance need to be? So you connect headphones, impedance adaptor, and extension together first, then plug into the phone, play music, then take out the impedance adaptor and plug the headphones straight into the extender?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back