LG V20 Sound Quality
Sep 28, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #256 of 4,141
Ok, so it is the same review from 2 different sites. Things look really good with the V20 and typical IEMs. Though, full cans (higher than 32 Ohms) seems to be an issue with power.  Very cool that it competes with the AK240 though. This is a Definite watch for me. I will still hold out till we have a US version and we have more impressions. Since I'm not fond of going with a stand-alone DAP or adding a DAC to my device. I think the V20 would be my target device then. I already like the sound of my Xperia Z3v over my Note 3, can't wait to hear this. I wonder if Verizon will have issues with my bringing my CIEMs along and an OTG to USB cable so I can "listen" to the phone before deciding on upgrading.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #257 of 4,141
Hasn't the reviewer gotten mixed up on the crosstalk figures? 

The crosstalk specs as stated of AK240 at -90db easily betters the V20 @ -71db.

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #258 of 4,141

read the article but not really understand the concept of THD here(The actual naohjiman high output voltage, THD (distortion) component is the actual voltage can not be increased together. V20 is within about 10 times gives high output voltage.)Can someone kindly explain it for me
blink.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #259 of 4,141
Just got a notice of a pre-order for the V20 at B&H Photo starting October 2nd. Not sure if I'll be participating as duties and taxes to Mexico are a killer.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=LG+v20&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&typedValue=&Top+Nav-Search=

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #261 of 4,141
Sep 30, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #264 of 4,141
I am becoming so impatient, would love to buy it. Europe is not so lucky however.

They're not available here yet either. I am a tech reviewer, so LG sent one my way ahead of schedule to preview. They're still very adamant in insisting that it's a "pre-production" unit and things will change before final release, so we're not allowed to "review" it—only do "overviews and first looks." LOL.

Also, I don't want to crush any dreams, but so far, I prefer the SQ of the V10; by a fair margin too. I'll post a much more detailed analysis tomorrow.

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #266 of 4,141
They're not available here yet either. I am a tech reviewer, so LG sent one my way ahead of schedule to preview. They're still very adamant in insisting that it's a "pre-production" unit and things will change before final release, so we're not allowed to "review" it—only do "overviews and first looks." LOL.

Also, I don't want to crush any dreams, but so far, I prefer the SQ of the V10; by a fair margin too. I'll post a much more detailed analysis tomorrow.

You will want to burn it in, let it play music in hi-fi mode for 200hrs.
It should change a fair bit.

Sep 30, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #269 of 4,141
You will want to burn it in, let it play music in hi-fi mode for 200hrs.
It should change a fair bit.

lol

First thing I do is put a glass screen protector, buy the thinnest one.
And it gives the screen a second chance, and protects against micro scuffs all over the screen over it's lifetime.

I have no idea what LG are proposing to use on the screen, this round tho.

I agree with the scratches. My G5 screen scratched easily, which is a bummer. It's supposed to be gorilla glass. They may have messed up the coating on my phone maybe. But a protector won't give the screen a second chance in case of a drop, torsion or pointed object. A force big enough to crack the screen will go through any glass protector like nothing.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #270 of 4,141
lol
I agree with the scratches. My G5 screen scratched easily, which is a bummer. It's supposed to be gorilla glass. They may have messed up the coating on my phone maybe. But a protector won't give the screen a second chance in case of a drop, torsion or pointed object. A force big enough to crack the screen will go through any glass protector like nothing.

A hard knock or pointed object, sure. My wife had a glass screen protector on hers and within 4 mos., it had 3 cracks in it. I totally forgot that the protector was there. She eventually peeled it off and her original screen was very much clean and abrasion free. I'll be looking for something similar when I move up from my Xperia Z3v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back