LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jun 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #2,508 of 3,525
The trick is to put the aux cable in the v10 jack output THEN plug the headphones in the aux cable output. Otherwise the impedance check just kicks in as usual...

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,510 of 3,525
Oh. Does that means LG V10 on MM is rootable now? I am using a H962 variant. Do you mind to share any websites or reference that u used to root ur v10?

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,512 of 3,525
Oh I see. Thanks for the reference. I will try looking for it.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,513 of 3,525
Has LG announced if they will be making the V11?  Does anyone know if we might see a spec sheet of V11 before its actual release?  I'm thinking about getting a new phone, but if the V11 is a significant upgrade I might want to wait for that to be released (even though the V10 can be had for under $500 new unlocked).

Jun 5, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #2,514 of 3,525
  Has LG announced if they will be making the V11?  Does anyone know if we might see a spec sheet of V11 before its actual release?  I'm thinking about getting a new phone, but if the V11 is a significant upgrade I might want to wait for that to be released (even though the V10 can be had for under $500 new unlocked).

There have been no announcements and no leaks about anything. And guessing if we will see a spec sheet before any release is just that.. guessing.

I replaced my S6 with a new V10 very happily.. yes, a V11 may be coming out, but i love my V10, and i am happy to have it now, then hope for a replacement months from now.

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #2,516 of 3,525
I just set my v10 up and rooted it, and I am really liking what I hear, what a nice/clean sound output for for a Cell phone.

After installing Power Amp Alfa,I think this phone sounds fantastic, especially for a phone. This thing rocks,the Solar iem`s match very well, and the gigantic size of this phone hasnt bothered me, like I thought it would.
It did first glance,but now the phone feels it's like it's supposed to be this big. And using it for Headfi now is a major improvement over a mid size screened phone,like the galaxy S4.

The only thing I regret now is not buying it sooner. ( delivered in 3 days from Taiwan),I guess ordering it from ebay was my hitch in the road,as LG will not bring this beastly phone to Australia. (The v10 h962 is working fine with our Cell bands here.)

But to those people sitting on the fence with this purchase, just do it.
What a great phone the v10 is,well done LG. First impressions are excellent so far 24hrs in. It's allround a great phone,the audio DAC and amp is like the icing on the cake.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #2,517 of 3,525
installing Power amp alpha doesn't required to be root. I am from India and i got too H962 model here imported one. how did you root ? is your OS updated to Android 6.0 ? MW ? you need to update via LG Bridge App.

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #2,519 of 3,525
installing Power amp alpha doesn't required to be root. I am from India and i got too H962 model here imported one. how did you root ? is your OS updated to Android 6.0 ? MW ? you need to update via LG Bridge App.

That's correct, Power Amp alpha does not need root,(I never said it did) but a whole lot of use full features I use come life with root access. And the phone isnt user friendly without root. I can't use a non rooted phone period.

I used the information over at xda forums everything works as stated.
This is still lollipop,still no root for MM v10 h962. But it shouldn't be too far off. With any luck...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/general/lg-v10-dual-sim-h962-official-thread-t3257933/page6

Follow these instructions and it works as advertised.

What we really need is a way to trick this beastly v10, into aux mode.

I am impressed at 10hrs burn in, and the phone tricked into aux. What a great phone/dap,power is abundant, and the bass is great. It's almost getting up there with the zx2, not quite there,well not at all, in comparison to trrs output/zx2. Maybe 200hrs burn in, and things may change. The tonality of the ZX2 kills it, however we have much less floor noise,dead quiet. I'm yet to hear a hiss,or a scrap of rf noise from the cell side of the phone.

I can see why it's output power is protected from the General user, this phone could destroy eardrums fast. (take caution people, don't end up deaf) my ears are feeling a little beat up now, after an hr at moderate volume`s. It's very easy to over do it. I think if you go for huge volumes keep the exposure short, 1 or 2 songs, then rest your ears.

However I would think some sort of hack should be a solid possibility. Which would toggle output power manually in an app. I don't like using adapters/extenders. They end up scratching things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back