LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Feb 6, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,057 of 3,525
I cannot understand how you guys use so much battery. My daily usage is about 10 hours of music, surfing net for 3-4 hours with low level screen brigthness 0%-20% and when I am home from work I have 50-60% battery left. With My G4 which I owned only for 2 weeks my battery was at 15% when I was home with similar usage. Also I use the dac always on app

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #2,058 of 3,525
  I cannot understand how you guys use so much battery. My daily usage is about 10 hours of music, surfing net for 3-4 hours with low level screen brigthness 0%-20% and when I am home from work I have 50-60% battery left. With My G4 which I owned only for 2 weeks my battery was at 15% when I was home with similar usage. Also I use the dac always on app

My battery is pretty good most days. A lot of it depends on your area too. If you are in a spot that gets a bad signal the phone will be using more power trying to keep signal. I'd consider myself a power user, but only with certain apps. From the market I've only installed maybe a dozen apps that I use pretty much all the time. If it is something I can just as easily do with the web browser then I won't bother installing an app for it. I think the less on the phone the better. I use mine a lot for music, facebook, instagram, youtube, looking at head-fi on the chrome browser a couple times a day, stuff like that.

For listening to music with the screen off, even with HIFI enabled, but at a very moderate volume (usually 15 to 35 out of 75) the battery life is great. With either the stock LG player or using Tidal for offline files it only seems to drain the battery 2-3% an hour with the screen off. I usually get very good battery life when the screen is off, screen on time could be better though. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #2,059 of 3,525
  Dim your screen, or use the auto-dim function.
Use program like greenify or shutapp to stop rogue apps from running in the background.  shutapp is my preference
turn off wifi / cellular signals while not using them.
Turn off the 32 bit DAC-everywhere app if you don't need it.

I use app ops to throttle back my app access.  I can't say for sure what kind of impact this has on battery usage.

Decided to try Shutapp. It closed several background apps but I still lost 10% battery life overnight with only cell radio and bluetooth on (but not in use). My old Note 3 only lost about 3% like that.

Shutapp now seems to be running all the time and (for strange reasons) wants to connect to the network for several of its options but I have data turned off. I'll probably uninstall it and see how much power loss I get.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #2,060 of 3,525
Where's this video?? Anyone seen this??

Excuse me if the video isn't out yet, but I had not enough time to edit and upload it, then I had to go Hospital for an operation and I can't do anything untill this monday. I hope to go back using my PC and render & upload that video very soon.

Excuse me for the extra-waiting time, but it was a matter of health. See you soon!

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #2,061 of 3,525
  Excuse me if the video isn't out yet, but I had not enough time to edit and upload it, then I had to go Hospital for an operation and I can't do anything untill this monday. I hope to go back using my PC and render & upload that video very soon.

Excuse me for the extra-waiting time, but it was a matter of health. See you soon!

Thanks for updating us on the status...

Your health is priority number one and should come before any other activities...get well soon!
We will patiently wait for the video to be complete.

Take care.

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,062 of 3,525

Decided to try Shutapp. It closed several background apps but I still lost 10% battery life overnight with only cell radio and bluetooth on (but not in use). My old Note 3 only lost about 3% like that.

Shutapp now seems to be running all the time and (for strange reasons) wants to connect to the network for several of its options but I have data turned off. I'll probably uninstall it and see how much power loss I get.

Hmm... Maybe its not so great after all.  The verdict is still out for me.  I may delete it too.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #2,063 of 3,525

Please get well soon!

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,064 of 3,525

Feel better soon. Health is definitely the most important thing. We've been waiting to see the hack. But you gotta be well to upload the video. Get well soon.

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #2,065 of 3,525
Anyone figured out how to stop the Google voice search thing from popping up when plugging in headphones sometimes?

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,068 of 3,525
I've been getting it off and on since the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back