LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 20, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #1,832 of 3,525
The V10 is in a completely different league than the M9 though. The M9 was decent, but the V10 is just a much better sounding device. I havent heard any other HTC devices recently, so the M9 is the only HTC phone ive heard lately. HTC did good, but LG is doing even better.

.... I really couldn't agree more...... LG definitely Better... I WILL really miss HTC.... hope the VR gear issue's just a ''press release'' of some sort.....

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #1,833 of 3,525
To simply taking audiophile for a niche market...Htc is killing itself...this is just the beginning of streaming services and portable gears. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon prime, Apple Music tidal...etc are all stuffing up with HD contents.....

To take high-quality audio into a niche market saying is another "last decade" saying where MP3, sacred memory capacity and portable was king, it was correct....it is no more...what do you think when Apple bought beat music for billions of dollars ? Niche market ? Htc need to fire their marketing and economy analysts persons.

I myself growing up loving music, from CD player system to Walkman to karaoke large system to theater stereo system to surround sound system....then I m back into large stereo high quality system...but now I am back to Walkman and portable high quality audio...why ? Because I have kids, family, and not every body in my freaking house want to listen to what I play....same as in the office lol.

..... oh YEAH....  
smily_headphones1.gif
  Got 'em Right.....

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,835 of 3,525

.... I really couldn't agree more...... LG definitely Better... I WILL really miss HTC.... hope the VR gear issue's just a ''press release'' of some sort.....

HTC makes good hardware and has some of the best design in the android market, but they drop support for their devices too early. That's what keeps them from being a way bigger company, in my opinion. If they supported their hardware as well as their competitors do I think HTC would be on top.

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #1,836 of 3,525
Planning on buying this to replace my fiio x3ii. Hows the soundstage and imaging on the v10? As i found the x3ii to be somewhat linear.

... Soundstage is remarkably very, very good. Depth, height & width are all there and in the proper proportions. considering one's listening to a smartphone.... always impressed every time I play a familiar track...

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,837 of 3,525

... Soundstage is remarkably very, very good. Depth, height & width are all there and in the proper proportions. considering one's listening to a smartphone.... always impressed every time I play a familiar track...

like wise! 

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #1,842 of 3,525
Hi. What impedance adapter do i need to buy to trigger the high output mode? 75ohm? 150ohm?

The high outout mode comes on at 50ohms. So whatever gets you to 50 or more ohms.

With my 64ohm Brainwavz HM5 I typically listen at 15-25 out of 75. The HM5 is somewhat high impedance, but is pretty sensitive. With my 62ohm Q701, being slightly less sensitive I listen to them at 25-35 out of 75. For my listening habbits there is always plenty of power. Even with my lower impedance iem's that dont trigger the higher output I still never exceed 40 out of 75.

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,843 of 3,525
Hi. What impedance adapter do i need to buy to trigger the high output mode? 75ohm? 150ohm?

You don't need an impedance adapter to trigger the AUX mode.  Just a short 1/8 TRS M-F cable is all you need.

I tried to trick my V10 into the 50-600 ohm setting with 75 and a 125 ohm resistive adapters, and my Grados and it made the sound all muddy, distorted, quiet and congested.  Weird... no good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back