LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 10, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,741 of 3,525
OK fellas... sorry to derail this thread, but I now have a better understanding of how to get what I want.

BIGGEST part of my problem is the Comcast/Motorola wifi router I "rent" from them has data function of the USB port deactivated.  It still serves as a 5V power outlet, but other than that its turned off by Comcast.  They want ~$75 to unlock it.  argh.

So thanks everyone!!  I think I have a clear path now and I am understanding my options much better.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,742 of 3,525
  OK fellas... sorry to derail this thread, but I now have a better understanding of how to get what I want.

BIGGEST part of my problem is the Comcast/Motorola wifi router I "rent" from them has data function of the USB port deactivated.  It still serves as a 5V power outlet, but other than that its turned off by Comcast.  They want ~$75 to unlock it.  argh.

So thanks everyone!!  I think I have a clear path now and I am understanding my options much better.

I'm so sorry to hear that Dx I always purchase me own route an modem to use, so I don't have to worry with things like this >.> 

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #1,743 of 3,525
Just venting

So I finally dowloaded the update. How the **** are they gonna have an update that fixes some bugs but not the dac amp. I know the hifi dac app engages the dac, but I know for sure it does nothing for the amp. I hear no difference in volume when toggling the dac on/off. What

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #1,744 of 3,525
Just venting

So I finally dowloaded the update. How the **** are they gonna have an update that fixes some bugs but not the dac amp. I know the hifi dac app engages the dac, but I know for sure it does nothing for the amp. I hear no difference in volume when toggling the dac on/off. What

Um. Maybe because it wasn't a big priority for them, or because a fix takes more time to finish. Or they are fine with how it is.

Phone and OS are complicated, with lots to tweak and fix. Let's relax.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,745 of 3,525

​
Um. Maybe because it wasn't a big priority for them, or because a fix takes more time to finish. Or they are fine with how it is.

Phone and OS are complicated, with lots to tweak and fix. Let's relax.

The fingerprint scanner and bluetooth fixes with the update represent the gripes of the masses, I also believe that Marshmallow will come before the DAC/AMP fix (if at all due to third party app compatibility). The current fix seems more than sufficient for those needing to use other music players as a work around in the interim. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,748 of 3,525
Just venting

...This observation is apparent on the latest Poweramp Alpha Version, Toggling on & off the switch doesn't do anything. But, I observed too the latest release sounds Better, audibly better than the previous version I was using since my 1x+ days & migrated to my V10...

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #1,749 of 3,525
Just venting

The night and day difference is with with 50+ ohm headphones.
Lower impedance is subtle at most.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #1,750 of 3,525
Like I said fellas.  I was just venting.   It just sounded harsher than what I intended it to be since I was on the phone typing that up.

Bluetooth works good now and I didn't know there was a problem with the finger print scanner since mine was working fine.  Well, glad they patched that up too.

Thinking about it now, i'm kind a glad the amp isn't coming on.  It lets me hear the differences in the DAC part when I toggle it on/off.    Reminds me that I made the right choice in a phone.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,752 of 3,525

Yea I can vouch for that, my HD 25-1 II sounds noticeably better with the dac on

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,754 of 3,525

.... the Lower impedance is subtle....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back