LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #766 of 3,525
  My worry would be that in a couple years when I want to upgrade that LG and maybe others will see that the sales weren't good, and they won't bother to stay involved with high end audio like this. We'll have to wait and see, but there is no way I could go back to something of lesser sound quality and the phone won't last forever or be supported forever.

In the LG Promotion form they had a question that said "What feature do you like most about the V10" with a bunch of options and the ESS DAC/Amp wasn't even listed.  I was "cmon!"  Let me praise you guys for it.

But I agree. Let's hope this starts a trend.

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #768 of 3,525
Ι don't understant why but this phone seems to have the best ever sound in a phone and LG has burried this feature! They just emphasise the dual screen and the useless dual selfie camera!

Because that's the gimmick that's gonna get most sheeple...

We might not have to worry. It seems like LG is focused on video and audio.

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #769 of 3,525
  My worry would be that in a couple years when I want to upgrade that LG and maybe others will see that the sales weren't good, and they won't bother to stay involved with high end audio like this. We'll have to wait and see, but there is no way I could go back to something of lesser sound quality and the phone won't last forever or be supported forever.

Which is probably why they named it the LG V10, instead of the LG G5.

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #774 of 3,525
ok been using it with my asg2.5. Reg listening volume at 50. So at noisy places (gym) I'm probably taking it to 65-70

I put awsomepayer on, seems like hifi not working for spotify but definitely working for tidal. Volume levels didn't change

Dude i got the asg2.5 too and there is no way I can turn it past 50 on this phone. Either there is something wrong with your asg or (no trying to be offensive) maybe get your ears checked.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #777 of 3,525
I'm using Spigen hybrid. Works well. Dropped the phone and not even a scratch on the case, 4ft on concrete. I also modified it, cut a notch out on the side so I can touch the metal for the fingerprint scanner.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #780 of 3,525
What a good case for this phone? I find the metal edge slippery.

Plan to get the Otterbox Defender. Expensive (for a case) and it will add some bulk to an already oversize phone which isn't cheap to replace but (with care and a good case) I've yet to have a damaged screen in 15+ years of buying smartphones.

Unfortunately, having a hard time finding the V10 Otterbox for sale. Looks available once again from Otterbox.com but nothing local yet (Best Buy, Tmobile store, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back