LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 15, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #782 of 3,525
It's easy, just follow the directions on this link. Read it a few times so you understand it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=63627074

That's for a pc. Let me know if you have a Mac.

Just real quick. Download drivers for LG g4. Install on pc. Download the recovery image from that link.

Download adb and fastboot from here (install them system wide)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Go into phone, settings, general tab, about, software, build (tap until it says you are a dev)

Back into settings, general, developer options.
Enable usb debugging
Click on enable oem unlock

Follow the commands in first link. You have to unlock your bootloader

Plug phone into computer, let it loaf drivers, make sure your USB connection is either mtp or ptp (doesn't matter which just not a media device)

Accept the key (message will be on your phone about connecting phone to computer)

Hit windows start key
Type 'cmd' and hit enter, this will bring up terminal.

Adb devices (will confirm device is communicating properly with computer)
Should show lg followed by serial numbers

Adb reboot bootloader
Phone will reboot to bootloader
Fastboot devices
Same thing with phone serial

Fastboot oem unlock
Fastboot reboot bootloader
Fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img
Fastboot boot recovery twrp-2.8.7.1-h901.img

Just please read the link, I typed this up for you, but it's late and I'm tired so double check for typos. Remember, I'm not responsible nor is anyone else. You are taking the risk in the event that something goes wrong.

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #783 of 3,525
Thanks for the detailed instructions warrior. Never thought about rooting but it is very useful in this case. Gonna bookmark it.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #785 of 3,525
Ive always been on verizon, the last phone i was able to root was the HTC Incredible. Also had a jailbroken iPhone 4, but that doesnt count.

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #789 of 3,525
Dude i got the asg2.5 too and there is no way I can turn it past 50 on this phone. Either there is something wrong with your asg or (no trying to be offensive) maybe get your ears checked.

I don't think my ears are that bad. I'll get them check for the sake of checking. I just like to listen at a level were I think the music is the most dynamic to me. I'm not trying to cause damage, I just think that the amp isn't as powerful as some make it seem. Plus it really depends on the recording too

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #793 of 3,525
Anything above 85dB is really dangerous... Can you please check the last posts of my Safe Listening thread? Threads link is in my signature.

Thanks for the concerns. By looking at your graph im no where near danger zone and the time needed for damage to occur.

Anyways back on topic.

I wished that when you drag the drop down menu, they would have added a volume slider. This way i dont need to reach the back of the phone to adjust volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back