LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 11, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #646 of 3,525
Guys the lg g5 will come at the end of this month... And I dunno if it'll skimp on ess but I highly doubt they'll not put it in their flagship device esp with talk of s7 having an ess9018aq2m DAC. The bundle deal is amazing and g5 will likely be 900$ so lol

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #648 of 3,525
@sabloke-I figured after I adjusted I'd love it... Just hope it doesn't take too long. Yes, knock on and off works.

Side note, you can use your knock sequence to fully unlock your phone, for those that don't know.

For rooted users, I'm running a custom ROM, it's just an extremely debloated version, a test build from a dev.

They are working on CM as well, so fun times are coming m

This is awesome, didn't even know any were available yet. I'll have to take a look over on XDA. 

Was there any reason to install V4A? I'm 100% content with the sound quality and for the most part, the volume. What did you gain with V4A and Dolby Atmos installed?

Cheers, 

-Collin-

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #649 of 3,525
it should be released in 3 europe countries at least - UK, Czech and one other. and in UK its already out I think. other countries will come maybe later...

That's great news, thanks!

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #651 of 3,525
  Agreed. The G4 came out last spring. Also, they won't put out a new phone until the next gen snapdragons are out. Basically, the G4 is still a great phone.

LG seems to be trying to align the G series against the Samsung Galaxy and the V series against the Note series

hmmm never saw it like that...

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #652 of 3,525
  This is awesome, didn't even know any were available yet. I'll have to take a look over on XDA. 

Was there any reason to install V4A? I'm 100% content with the sound quality and for the most part, the volume. What did you gain with V4A and Dolby Atmos installed?

Cheers, 

-Collin-

If you like bass v4a is marvellous for giving bass without saturation and without volume loss
If you like neutral music, you can probably find a v4a profile pour your headphones so that it correct the frequency to a flat one

Dolby atmos is a toy IMO. I find it ridiculous 

By the way if you're goog at Eqing by yourself i've found Neutron equalizer is the best of all android players and is enough not to need v4a

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #653 of 3,525
  If you like bass v4a is marvellous for giving bass without saturation and without volume loss
If you like neutral music, you can probably find a v4a profile pour your headphones so that it correct the frequency to a flat one

Dolby atmos is a toy IMO. I find it ridiculous 

By the way if you're goog at Eqing by yourself i've found Neutron equalizer is the best of all android players and is enough not to need v4a

unless you use spotiy....then you would want v4a, since its a global app

waiting patiently for a verizon developer....

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #655 of 3,525

Cheers, 

-Collin-

I'm a basshead. I also wanted a little more volume at times. I like the sound of V4A with Dolby, and Dolby helps tremendously with the speaker.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #658 of 3,525
Need? Definitely not. I do like it better with an amp, Cayin C5. I am a basshead, but I do enjoy loud music from time to time.

For me, the amp brings out the bass obviously, increases the volume to nicer levels. I'm definitely in the minority here though.

That's only when no mobile, not worth it to stack otherwise.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #659 of 3,525
For those who have the phone. Do you need to an external amp? Sounds like for iem no and CAN yes? Have anyone paired it with a Fiio E12? Are there any benefits to the combo? Thanks

Depends on the headphone and how loud you listen. 30 to 35 out of 75 gets my Q701 in the 75 to 80db range which is where i always listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back