LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 10, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #616 of 3,525
  Not like I had any doubt but I e-mailed ESS to close the issue and they replied back today that the ESS DAC/Amp is inside of the USA Version.

Really? Only in the USA version? This is so sad!

Well I still keep some hopes about a V10 with Hi-Fi DAC/Amp for Italy too, since LG is advertising that phone internationally mentioning the 32bit audio feature. If they will advertise the audio features for Europe too, here I go.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #618 of 3,525
Really? Only in the USA version? This is so sad!

Well I still keep some hopes about a V10 with Hi-Fi DAC/Amp for Italy too, since LG is advertising that phone internationally mentioning the 32bit audio feature. If they will advertise the audio features for Europe too, here I go.

why he said that is because there was an argument if the U.S. version had the dac. so he just confirmed that it does. every version in the world has the dac in it. :smile:. now go order one

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #619 of 3,525
So, do I go V10 or wait for Fiio X7? If V10 SQ is close, it's a no brainer. I just read the review of a sample X7 and it looks like SQ wise is a bit above X3 II that I own. IF V10 can combine my G4 with X3 II, now that would be really something :) Problem is, since LG won't bring the V10 down under, there's nowhere for me to do a comparison so that means blind purchase...

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #620 of 3,525
So, do I go V10 or wait for Fiio X7? If V10 SQ is close, it's a no brainer. I just read the review of a sample X7 and it looks like SQ wise is a bit above X3 II that I own. IF V10 can combine my G4 with X3 II, now that would be really something :) Problem is, since LG won't bring the V10 down under, there's nowhere for me to do a comparison so that means blind purchase...

I think that it would be easy for you to sell an unlocked phone in a market that don't carry it. People always like what they can't have.

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #621 of 3,525
why he said that is because there was an argument if the U.S. version had the dac. so he just confirmed that it does. every version in the world has the dac in it. :smile:. now go order one

Oh, phew. Good news. Thank you soo much for the info, I was very worried reading that post.

Can't wait for that super-phone comes in Europe too c:

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #622 of 3,525
Yupe V10 is dead silence
biggrin.gif
. The only problem is that the hifi DAC only work with certain apps.

Well it works with all apps, but only some apps will... activate it. I have to play LG music first, then start a song in Neutron, then close LG Music xD no the best way to do things but it get's the job done. I got my BIG desktop PC working again after about 8 months, so I'll be doing a Video/Text Review of it here shortly! Comparing it to iPod an HM901 ;3

It plays through the stock player.

Yea if your not into MASSIVE amounts of EQ, then the stock player is proably the way to go
  Oh, phew. Good news. Thank you soo much for the info, I was very worried reading that post.

Can't wait for that super-phone comes in Europe too c:

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #623 of 3,525
For those trying to get third party apps to be able to access the hi-fi dac, please call LG and inquire about it. I talked to someone on the phone yesterday and he said he would look into it and call me back. To be honest, I suspect nothing will come of it but I think if enough people call them about it, they will have more incentive to try to work it out. Since there seems to be a way to 'trick' the phone into working with other apps, I feel it is probably a bug. If enough people call or use the online chat to ask, I think we will have a better shot at it being resolved with later OS updates. Thanks!

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #624 of 3,525
This should be a simple drivers recoding for the ESS Sabres to access all 3rd party apps. I feel LG does it this way to make sure the battery life is optimized. They could have simply do a pop up windows to remind people to turn off the hifi if not used to optimize battery life ?

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #625 of 3,525
  For those trying to get third party apps to be able to access the hi-fi dac, please call LG and inquire about it. I talked to someone on the phone yesterday and he said he would look into it and call me back. To be honest, I suspect nothing will come of it but I think if enough people call them about it, they will have more incentive to try to work it out. Since there seems to be a way to 'trick' the phone into working with other apps, I feel it is probably a bug. If enough people call or use the online chat to ask, I think we will have a better shot at it being resolved with later OS updates. Thanks!

yea it's a bug or an error in the OS, updates should adress it soon enough 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back