LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 8, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #586 of 3,525
Going to assume you're not trolling...I get that you're worried that this may not be an ESS DAC and Amp, but really, just go listen to the thing in a T-Mobile store. Should be all the 'proof' you need!
This. I've owned Samsung Wolfson phones as well as HTC flagships...my T-Mobile V10 has better audio quality than any phone I've owned -- hands down. Don't care if it has a BSS chip...it's one slim device that easily fits in your pocket and is an excellent DAP and phone.

Works well with LG Music Player (FLAC) and USB Audio Player PRO.

It not sounding good isn't what my issue was at all in the least for I'm sure it sounds awesome, as for trolling I've the lowest of intentions of that as to get full information for something that isn't advertised anywhere in the US version, and want to ensure that the product I'm stuck with for 2 years is exactly what I'm wanting and is as advertised. On that note of which I finally got through and personally spoke with Diane (the P.O.C. listed on ESS' website under the LG V10 page) who is herself unsure but said she will look into it the next day (Friday) and get back to me so I'll see what she has to say tomorrow morning (Monday) and post yay, or nay. 

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #587 of 3,525

Yeah I got he Incipio straight from t-mobile, mainly cause it is such a new phone there are not many good cases on the market yet.  I do have some issues with the scanner as having a rugged case makes your ginger press at an off angle.  I have adapted, however, and have learned how to position my finger giving me a fine success rate.  Also instead of using my pointer finger I found using the middle finger works better sometimes (so I stored both prints in the phone).  I may look into a slim case as I bet this would remedy the problem, but I really do not find it that bad.

I find it funny that people freak out at LG for a major design flaw, when you cannot expect the company to test every case (not designed by them) to work correctly with the phone.

Eww gawd the Incipio case is super Slippery! I returned mine the next day! 

I really hate having a case on this beautiful device, I just don't trust myself otherwise.

Like Wise 
Going to assume you're not trolling...I get that you're worried that this may not be an ESS DAC and Amp, but really, just go listen to the thing in a T-Mobile store. Should be all the 'proof' you need!
This. I've owned Samsung Wolfson phones as well as HTC flagships...my T-Mobile V10 has better audio quality than any phone I've owned -- hands down. Don't care if it has a BSS chip...it's one slim device that easily fits in your pocket and is an excellent DAP and phone.

Works well with LG Music Player (FLAC) and USB Audio Player PRO.

I agree, I found that the V10 is a clear step up from my iPod nano as well. The big thing though, is make sure your using the essDac, if not the sound quality is sub par 

Wait, last I heard, the Hi-Fi DAC only works with the LG music app...

What's the latest on this? Working with Tidal? What else?

So what I've found is the LG Music app is like an on switch, play a song in it, start another music app with the music you want, then turn LG Music off. Not the best solution but it's doing it's working

I've also had less issues with Neutron the more I use it. 

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #588 of 3,525
It not sounding good isn't what my issue was at all in the least...want to ensure that the product I'm stuck with for 2 years is exactly what I'm wanting and is as advertised.

Well...you don't hear that too often on Head-Fi! :wink:

Just my .02 but it's currently the best phone to be 'stuck with' out of all the T-Mobile phones.

Are you buying from T-Mobile? Because I just JUMP upgraded from an LG3 that I bought in May -- no buyout charges; just turn in my phone and the new monthly charge starts (0% financing & very flexible plan)

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #589 of 3,525
Well...you don't hear that too often on Head-Fi! :wink:

Just my .02 but it's currently the best phone to be 'stuck with' out of all the T-Mobile phones.

Are you buying from T-Mobile? Because I just JUMP upgraded from an LG3 that I bought in May -- no buyout charges; just turn in my phone and the new monthly charge starts (0% financing & very flexible plan)

That t-mobile phone upgrade program, or whatever it is, is the ****. My friend that isn't keen on New phones, bought a g4 last month. I told him to exchange it for the v10. They did it with no problem

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #591 of 3,525
Can any one tell me , if LG V10 can power a portable USB dac like Dacport LX through OTG cable? because I am trying to upgrade from Xperia z1 to LG V10. My XZ1 was not able to power Dacport LX using OTG.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #592 of 3,525
There are 2, jump, or jump on demand. Jump let's you jump 2 times per year, JOD, 3 times, but you are leasing the phones on JOD.

I think he had JOD, because i was there when he jumped to the v10.  Its was $20 month for 2 years, at the end of the contract he can pay the rest of the balance and the phone is his.  Its good if you don't like to pay the phone in full right then and there.  I hate financing and leasing so I just pay in full.
  Can any one tell me , if LG V10 can power a portable USB dac like Dacport LX through OTG cable? because I am trying to upgrade from Xperia z1 to LG V10. My XZ1 was not able to power Dacport LX using OTG.

Why would you want to do that?  The reason this phone is a big deal, is because of the 32 bit sabre dac and amp thats built into it. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #593 of 3,525

I think he had JOD, because i was there when he jumped to the v10.  Its was $20 month for 2 years, at the end of the contract he can pay the rest of the balance and the phone is his.  Its good if you don't like to pay the phone in full right then and there.  I hate financing and leasing so I just pay in full.

Why would you want to do that?  The reason this phone is a big deal, is because of the 32 bit sabre dac and amp thats built into it. 

So, is the V10 dac better than a seperate dac, which is in my case dacport lx?

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #596 of 3,525
Review of V10

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v10-review-654281/

Not much on the SQ side but the device as a whole.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #597 of 3,525
I just watched the review of V10 from Android Authority... and seems that the DAC inside their unit works with streaming audio and also with .mp3 local files.

Here's the video. Go to 5:12 to hear about the Hi-Fi DAC performance:

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #598 of 3,525
I just watched the review of V10 from Android Authority... and seems that the DAC inside their unit works with streaming audio and also with .mp3 local files.

Here's the video. Go to 5:12 to hear about the Hi-Fi DAC performance:

Doubtful. They probably think its working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back