LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 18, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #886 of 3,525
I love my v10, it pairs perfectly with my HD650.

WOW, really? Does it compare with powerful portable amps? 

I use my HD650 with a Cayin C5 amp and in my mind i was thinking to change the HD650 for a Fidelio X2 (much easier to power) and go for the V10. The idea is reduce the gear but getting superb audio in combination with a great phone too.

Any news for an official Euro release of the V10? I can only see import devices from Asia...

Anyone has tried the Fidelio X2 with the V10?

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #887 of 3,525
  I dont understand what are you talking about? Meizu phones are pretty famous. I knew about them since Meizu M9 and I owned Meizu MX2 several yers ago. What do you mean by bloated? There may be some issues as quality control is a bit lower than on A-grade manufacturer devices. Root support is out of the box, Flyme is updated pretty often and there are cloud services and overall support which they provide. Please do not speak about things you are completely unaware about.

Maybe in Asia it's famous but everywhere else in the world most people would have no idea who Meizu is or that they make phones.   I can tell you just about nobody in the US or Canada has a Meizu.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #888 of 3,525
That's an interesting way of thinking. How did you manage to calculate that? Firstly US and Canada is the very small piece of the world but even there I believe is a good percentage of Meizu owners. Much more in Europe. If you are to compare product marketing then you are right Meizu has almost no marketing at all. However you still can't judge how many of their products are out there only by marketing&friends&family. Apple was on a court trial against Meizu several years ago so I believe some people in US are well aware of them.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #889 of 3,525
That's an interesting way of thinking. How did you manage to calculate that? Firstly US and Canada is the very small piece of the world but even there I believe is a good percentage of Meizu owners. Much more in Europe. If you are to compare product marketing then you are right Meizu has almost no marketing at all. However you still can't judge how many of their products are out there only by marketing&friends&family. Apple was on a court trial against Meizu several years ago so I believe some people in US are well aware of them.

I live in Chicago and take public transportation. There is a lot of people in this city, many of which are Asian. I have never even seen a Meizu phone that I am aware of and I pay attention to everyone's phone because I'm curious what others use. In the US you're probably more likely to see a One+ phone and even that would be rare.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #890 of 3,525
  does LG V10 support Poweramp or spotify now?  i am still waitting on the support on those before i buy the v10 :/

It could be a long wait. To be honest, I don't know if LG even realizes there is an issue. I have called and done online chats with their tech support and I just get the runaround. They keep telling me it already works with third party apps. The problem is I can't get anyone on the line who knows what they are talking about....

As far as Poweramp, I posted on thier forum here:

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8338-new-lg-v10-not-able-to-access-ess-dac/

If that poster is correct, it may never work with that particular app. Although that response left me confused as to how the app works...

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #891 of 3,525

I can guarantee you that meizu is not popular in USA. I thought it was some Chinese dap company and had no idea they made phones. Also international phones do not work on two out of the four major carriers in the USA. Most of the phones I see are either Samsung or Apple and a distant 3rd goes to LG. it is very rare that I see someone with a phone outside of those three brands these days.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #892 of 3,525
  It could be a long wait. To be honest, I don't know if LG even realizes there is an issue. I have called and done online chats with their tech support and I just get the runaround. They keep telling me it already works with third party apps. The problem is I can't get anyone on the line who knows what they are talking about....

As far as Poweramp, I posted on thier forum here:

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8338-new-lg-v10-not-able-to-access-ess-dac/

If that poster is correct, it may never work with that particular app. Although that response left me confused as to how the app works...

... Too Bad... Poweramp can't access DAC capabilities....

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #893 of 3,525
Does anyone know how to seek back to the previous song in the stock music app using a the mic button? It has the usual pause and next but triple tapping doesn't rewind or play the previous song.

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #895 of 3,525
Does anyone know how to seek back to the previous song in the stock music app using a the mic button? It has the usual pause and next but triple tapping doesn't rewind or play the previous song.

Triple press is always tricky (at least it is for me on all my devices). Good thing the double press works for next track (I sometimes only get pause to work). That means the triple press should work but getting it to seek back is another story.

Just got my V10 today. I'll try the triple press with a couple of headphones.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #898 of 3,525

Just confirmed I'm having the same exact problem. Tried my PM-3 with android cable and my HD598 with an android cable I got on ebay. I too can only pause and skip to the next track.

However, I retested the same headphones on my Note 3 with Lollipop (tried UAPP and stock player). All had the same problem. Triple press to go back does not work.

So, this isn't a unique problem to the V10. I'm wondering if it could be a Lollipop (5.0-5.1) software issue.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #899 of 3,525

Been using the V10 for about an hour and I feel thankful to FINALLY have a phone where both the music sound quality AND the camera are among the best (if not the current best).

The sound quality is great. So far its very close (or only a small step below) my DAPs. Will post further details later.

As I hoped, it drives my Fostex mk3s to loud levels (at close to max volume). Not desktop amp levels of power but more than my DAPs (except for my iBasso R10).

It's EQ (which I almost never use) is the first portable one I've heard that doesn't immediately lower (or 'normalize') the volume when enabled. I expected to hear the usual drop in volume after turning it on (even before adjusting it). So far I can't hear any change in volume when simply turning the EQ (at flat levels) on and off. I tried the bass boost preset and it sounds/works more like what I'm used to hearing on external amp bass switches.

After switching the Hifi DAC on the phone detects each headphones' impedance. Initially, since headphones must be plugged in for the dac on/off to work, I didn't get enough volume even after switching the dac on. Just had to remove/reinsert the the headphones once and it adjusted the power and volume.

However, so far I noticed a potential problem that could make pairing difficult. The V10 will only output as much power as the level of impedance it detects from the headphone in use. And then the volume still behaves like standard android where it doesn't want you to go too high (to avoid hearing damage). For example, when I checked the dac settings with the mk3 plugged in, it said "High impedance device" and gives the most power. However, when I switched to my PM-3 or HD598 (thinking I'd have a TON of volume available), it says "Normal audio device" which reduces the power. So my mk3 with the V10 has a full, loud sound; best I've ever heard from a phone but I can't push my PM-3 to high enough levels because it only gives regular power levels instead of what's available to the mk3.

I had already planned to use the mk3 on the go so this isn't a huge issue for me (or probably anyone using low power iems) but, for anyone using "normal" impedance headphones, I'm worried they may not get the volume levels desired. They will get the better sound quality (with the dac on) but I almost wish the V10 had a manual gain setting instead. At the moment, as strange as it may sound, I'm thinking high impedance headphones (that don't require monolithic levels of power) or iems may be ideal for the V10. Anything with lower impedance, depending on the headphone, may require unusual levels of trial and error to find a good pairing.

I will post more info as I dig deeper into the V10 but if anyone sees something I've missed thus far please post it.

Otherwise, the V10 is already a keeper.

EDIT: Despite being relatively easy to drive, the V10 detects the Sony Z7 as "High impedance." Means it outputs it's maximum power leaving a ton of headroom available to the Z7. A very good pairing.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #900 of 3,525
[@]hykhleif[/@] Just did a test run with the V10, running V4A, and the Cayin C5. Fostex TH900... Ridiculous. I felt like I was back in a NYC club... It's just an obscene amount of bass... Unlike anything I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back