LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #76 of 3,525
I'm from Indonesia and the local twitter handle is being very quiet about this, I felt like being blue balled by them. I mean come on, they like to undercut Samsung here, they should go full guns blazing on this too.

Yes, they should be priced slightly under Note 5 and I hear a friend is saying the anticipated release date in Korea is octorber 9th :D, no words on the U.S. ....yet. Hopefully octorber 25th or November 3rd. Keep in mind those were rumors and words from a single person, and is to be taken with a grain of salt ?

O...m...g....just can not wait.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #77 of 3,525
V series is the new LG line in phablet, just to compete with note and plus series from Samsung and Apple. It is also the most sophisticated and advanced at the release by LG.

Now for all those said I loved G3 music play back and battery life. I know LG knows their stuff in music, so with this combination of everything DAC+Op amp from ESS, I doubt it would be bad in sound. It would be superb. There is no need for external clocking, pumping, so virtually there is minimal effects of iutside components to alter the sound quality of this combination. ESS wants to stay the purest to the source, so they made this. For so long now, different players were gunned differently by the use of the same DAC , but alternated by outside components during a ping process...etc. Well, ESS has a solution....no more iutside tuning, just pure ESS with the use of 9602 op amp. V10 will be the first out of all DAPs to use this....hell, I won't be surprised if it sounds superb. Imagine, ESS was superb from DAC, now ESS pure amp
biggrin.gif

Having looked at ESS schematic and all, I hope that LG did use Audiophile quality components such as high grade capacitors, resistors...etc, and give it a good shielding.

On another note, V-10 is not about music only, but camera is also top notch, while Samsung is tinkering with dual camera, V10 has it now. Better selfie angle, depth...etc. the back camera has ISO adjustment....etc, that is the first for smartphone
biggrin.gif

Now, onto microphone. I always thought to myself about what if a smartphone could sound so good (ESS chips) and has the ability to record so well for (Karaoke) as well ? Hell.....V-10 has 3 high-end microphones lol.....and also uses the recording technology from ESS op amp as well !

Jesus.....I can not prop LG enough. I am sure this phone will be the biggest hit LG ever seen. I am in!

Lord, I just started a jump at a Mobile Company, going through my training to be an LG Rep! I saw the V10 but didn't have ANY clue that it was packing ESS chip sets :O now I need to find a half decent SE amp to use it with... any one have any idea's on how to get a Line out with an android. I saw Hawaii's post with the usb mini to mini but I'd like to use that ESS sabre chip

Though I suppose I could just go for broke an use the amp in there as well. Either way, this was a great post an I'll be sticking it :D 

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #78 of 3,525
Lord, I just started a jump at a Mobile Company, going through my training to be an LG Rep! I saw the V10 but didn't have ANY clue that it was packing ESS chip sets :O now I need to find a half decent SE amp to use it with... any one have any idea's on how to get a Line out with an android. I saw Hawaii's post with the usb mini to mini but I'd like to use that ESS sabre chip

Though I suppose I could just go for broke an use the amp in there as well. Either way, this was a great post an I'll be sticking it :D 

Well, just connect via Auxin/out for pure analog signals ? Else this combination should be very powerful already.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #79 of 3,525
As it is now pretty certain about somewhat exclusive to some continents...Do you guys know if an unlocked Asian or American phone works with European(German) LTE and network bands?

Thanks in advance...I will be crying in a European corner, if someone has an answer :frowning2:

Here is a list of mobile bands per country, it should work hopefully.

gsm band per country

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #81 of 3,525
LG V10 vs Lumia 950 XL?
The last have Amoled and Pureview for 4 K recording and HIfi audio,let's wait to find out more.

Hi-Fi audio is a misleading term, and it reminds me of the 90ish with those analog VhS tapes and hi-fi features. Back then, everything branded Hi-fi was thought to be of good quality...but in reality, some of them were Mezhh.

Well, to get it straight, even built-in Snapdragon DAC is to be called Hi-Fi audio, just because it support 24-32 bits and over sampling...etc...etc. In the end, performance is what matter. ESS in the V10 is a very reputable one in performance, however, how did it get implied, and its software performance ?

Even if Lumia has a good DAC, how about the a ping process ? I still see V10 wins over in Audio department, and Lumia win over in the "Liquid cooling". Now.....this is extraordinary and a leap for smartphones, and gaming tablets in the future.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #82 of 3,525
I have a theory about why V10 won't be sold in EU member countries... The V10 probably has a crazy powerful sound output and this is againt EU regulations. Even EU iPhone has 70% output power of the non-EU iPhone... LG doesn't want any compromises with the phone so they said "sod off, Europe!"
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #83 of 3,525
I have a theory about why V10 won't be sold in EU member countries... The V10 probably has a crazy powerful sound output and this is againt EU regulations. Even EU iPhone has 70% output power of the non-EU iPhone... LG doesn't want any compromises with the phone so they said "sod off, Europe!" :D

Yeah well, the new ESS op amp is hell of a powerhouse, and that is a for sure thing. To specifically engineer some more resistors inside the good board = more cost/time...so they don't care lol, or they can just leave out the IEMS that they stock with ? Lol, so Europe version come without IEMS, but still, that is too risky for so little gain

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #85 of 3,525
  I have a theory about why V10 won't be sold in EU member countries... The V10 probably has a crazy powerful sound output and this is againt EU regulations. Even EU iPhone has 70% output power of the non-EU iPhone... LG doesn't want any compromises with the phone so they said "sod off, Europe!"
biggrin.gif

Fun to live in Norway, cause we are not a part of EU, just have trade agreements. When we buy iPhones here with the Norwegian language we can actually disable the EU reduction. 

BTW. used the forum for years. Just registered and first post here! 

AND THE V10 LOOKS AMAZING ON PAPER :D

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #86 of 3,525
Fun to live in Norway, cause we are not a part of EU, just have trade agreements. When we buy iPhones here with the Norwegian language we can actually disable the EU reduction. 

BTW. used the forum for years. Just registered and first post here! 

AND THE V10 LOOKS AMAZING ON PAPER :D

Welcome to us :D we are the best audio forum so far :D. Hope that V10 will be as amazing to listen to

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #87 of 3,525
Well, just connect via Auxin/out for pure analog signals ? Else this combination should be very powerful already.

Hi-Fi audio is a misleading term, and it reminds me of the 90ish with those analog VhS tapes and hi-fi features. Back then, everything branded Hi-fi was thought to be of good quality...but in reality, some of them were Mezhh.

Well, to get it straight, even built-in Snapdragon DAC is to be called Hi-Fi audio, just because it support 24-32 bits and over sampling...etc...etc. In the end, performance is what matter. ESS in the V10 is a very reputable one in performance, however, how did it get implied, and its software performance ?

Even if Lumia has a good DAC, how about the a ping process ? I still see V10 wins over in Audio department, and Lumia win over in the "Liquid cooling". Now.....this is extraordinary and a leap for smartphones, and gaming tablets in the future.

Fingers crossed any ways. I enjoy the sound of the ESS Sabre Dacs, they are what almost all of my set ups run on. My Audio GD an HM901 have the same dac chips, an I enjoy them both running Line out into my Amp. Ideally I'd like a nice clean line out from that dac, I've found that's the cleanest way to run the chip. An while I'm sure the HM901 has a better Headphone Amp an Dac implimentation I still like to use it line out, still I need a new phone either way so I'll more than likely wind up with this bad boi an tell you how it sounds my self! 

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #88 of 3,525
I'm still completely happy with my M9, but I'm interested. If this thing is really going to be leaps and bounds better then I'll have to upgrade.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #89 of 3,525
For those familiar with this op amp, how well is this going to work with IEMs? Do you expect it to sound a lot better than other phones, or is this hype mainly about driving cans?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back