LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 30, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #376 of 3,525
Try it with power amp, neutron, YouTube and Netflix. Does the sound change in volume when you toggle hifi on off ? Loudness changes is good enough, no need to observe quality

OK< I just tried it with Power Amp and Netflix. No change in volume with toggling DAC icon using either app. Just went back to Tidal, and it's night and day when toggling DAC on/off. I'm so confused 
confused_face(1).gif

I mean, I mainly listen to Tidal and local files, so it's fine for me but What? I just installed Power Amp, are there any settings I should be looking at?

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #377 of 3,525
OK< I just tried it with Power Amp and Netflix. No change in volume with toggling DAC icon using either app. Just went back to Tidal, and it's night and day when toggling DAC on/off. I'm so confused :confused_face(1):

I mean, I mainly listen to Tidal and local files, so it's fine for me but What? I just installed Power Amp, are there any settings I should be looking at?

Could you also try with Play Music?

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #379 of 3,525
OK< I just tried it with Power Amp and Netflix. No change in volume with toggling DAC icon using either app. Just went back to Tidal, and it's night and day when toggling DAC on/off. I'm so confused :confused_face(1):

Lol...my guess is that either these apps need updates, or.....LG needs update. Yeah, you got it exactly like I did....power amp won't work. Even if streaming from website or YouTube, Netflix, it just refuse to work.

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #385 of 3,525
Works with tidal, works with google play with local files only. Will not work with streaming music from google play or spotify or downloaded music with google play or spotify.

Thing sounds beeeeeastly with my Q701. 40 out of 75 on the volume is the volume i normally listen at. I guess ill be quiting google play. Just started a free trial of Tidal. So we are good to go.

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #387 of 3,525
Works with tidal, works with google play with local files only. Will not work with streaming music from google play or spotify or downloaded music with google play or spotify.

Thing sounds beeeeeastly with my Q701. 40 out of 75 on the volume is the volume i normally listen at. I guess ill be quiting google play. Just started a free trial of Tidal. So we are good to go.

So this will be an incoming upgrade for Spotify apps and other apps ? Guess so. So far we have a couple that works, and others that don't eh ?

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #388 of 3,525

That's perfect.  You can upload 50,000 songs @320 so when you're not listening to the FLAC files on your SD card or if you forgot to put something on your SD card you can just use the DAC to listen to your uploaded Google music.  

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #390 of 3,525
Doesnt work with neutron, and the stock app or google play dont play alac. So i have to rerip all my alac files to flac, not a huge deal though.

And i can see why some people are not hearing a difference. Pressing the hifi button on an app that works with the hifi mode with my RE-Zero in ears you hear the audio cut out when it switches like it should, but when it resumes the volume is pretty much the same. With the Q701 the voulume is about half as loud when you turn hifi mode off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back