LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Apr 20, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #2,386 of 3,525
Hey, everyone.

I'm ready to upgrade my Android phone, and I want something that will sound good straight out of the phone when playing Tidal or Spotify through my Audeze Sine.

I also have a Chord Mojo w/ a Galaxy S4 as a transport, but I don't want to always walk around with $1500 of gear in my pocket.

Is the LG V10 still considered the phone with the best audio quality?

Also, does it play nicely with the Mojo?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #2,388 of 3,525
Hello Guys i am got LG v10 more than 2 weeks now its H962 dual sim model. when ever i connect my headphones like Havi B3 or Vsonic G07, or Piston 3 . sound quality is muddy and on bass it cracking. 32 DAC nothing detect when i insert this headphones to 3.5 jack. i have used music music devices like Iphone 5s Vivo Xshot, Vivo X5 max , Lenovo Vibe X3 (similar setup DAC setup except TI OPA1612 amp. ) now LG V10 i am getting fatigue in less than 30 mints. my ears are start paining too. the earlier devices are cleaner in audio Treble part was great. do u know what is the problem with my mobile ?? i have read all this review and spend lot of money to buy this now i am not feeling good. i hard re-set my mobile/ updated to Marshmallow as well but there is no clarity at all.   no clean output. gain option is not helping also.
could you guys please tell me is something WRONG with DAC ? is it not working properly ? or i am not able to adjust with  DAC? or something please give me some advise i cant return the device anymore.

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #2,389 of 3,525
Hey, everyone.

I'm ready to upgrade my Android phone, and I want something that will sound good straight out of the phone when playing Tidal or Spotify through my Audeze Sine.

I also have a Chord Mojo w/ a Galaxy S4 as a transport, but I don't want to always walk around with $1500 of gear in my pocket.

Is the LG V10 still considered the phone with the best audio quality?

Also, does it play nicely with the Mojo?

Thanks in advance!

It will play with the mojo but you have to play Tidal through UAPP for it to work.  I get some interference when they are stacked.  Thats why i turned my g3 to a dedicated player.  I'll put on wifi when I want to stream with the g3>mojo stack.

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #2,390 of 3,525
  Hello Guys i am got LG v10 more than 2 weeks now its H962 dual sim model. when ever i connect my headphones like Havi B3 or Vsonic G07, or Piston 3 . sound quality is muddy and on bass it cracking. 32 DAC nothing detect when i insert this headphones to 3.5 jack. i have used music music devices like Iphone 5s Vivo Xshot, Vivo X5 max , Lenovo Vibe X3 (similar setup DAC setup except TI OPA1612 amp. ) now LG V10 i am getting fatigue in less than 30 mints. my ears are start paining too. the earlier devices are cleaner in audio Treble part was great. do u know what is the problem with my mobile ?? i have read all this review and spend lot of money to buy this now i am not feeling good. i hard re-set my mobile/ updated to Marshmallow as well but there is no clarity at all.   no clean output. gain option is not helping also.
could you guys please tell me is something WRONG with DAC ? is it not working properly ? or i am not able to adjust with  DAC? or something please give me some advise i cant return the device anymore.

You might have a faulty unit.  The sound should be nice, clean, and crisp.  Can you return or send it in for warranty repairs?  Might be a dirty 3.5mm jack.  Try to blow it out with a can of comp cleaner or if you have a access to a air compressor, that will work too.

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #2,391 of 3,525
its difficult to return i tried to clean and re-set all but nothing is helping.
HIFI DAC  doesnt show this messaged
HIGH IMPEDANCE DEVICE 
sound is automatically adjusted for connected audio devices with high impedance of 50 to 600 Ohms
It only shows Normal audio device   it means something wrong in 3.5 jack ?? i have order SignatureAcoustics 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRRS adapter . 3.5mm TRRS 4 conductor Male Plug * 3.5mm TRRS 4 conductor Female Jack
THIS MIGHT HELP??

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #2,392 of 3,525
  its difficult to return i tried to clean and re-set all but nothing is helping.
HIFI DAC  doesnt show this messaged
HIGH IMPEDANCE DEVICE 
sound is automatically adjusted for connected audio devices with high impedance of 50 to 600 Ohms
It only shows Normal audio device   it means something wrong in 3.5 jack ?? i have order SignatureAcoustics 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRRS adapter . 3.5mm TRRS 4 conductor Male Plug * 3.5mm TRRS 4 conductor Female Jack
THIS MIGHT HELP??

That adapter will help. Just plug in the adapter by itself, then plug in the headphones. That will put you in Aux audio mode, which delivers more power than normal audio

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #2,395 of 3,525
  sorry its 
GRO7 is actually Impedance: 50Ω

That should put it in high impedance, but maybe it's reading them as a less for some reason

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,396 of 3,525
Seems T-mobile finally got an update 2 nights ago, that fixed the fingerprint reader with a case issue. 

Has anyone else found that headphones with a remote won't trigger high gain mode even though they're high impedance? The aux adapter trick still works though, with remote function as well.

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #2,398 of 3,525

Has anyone else found that headphones with a remote won't trigger high gain mode even though they're high impedance? The aux adapter trick still works though, with remote function as well.

That is normal for the V10. Any remote cable puts it into normal power. Even if you use an adapter and another headphone (to get high power) then swap headphones/cables after the adapter, the V10 will ignore any button presses on the remote.

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #2,399 of 3,525
Got an update prompt on my V10 for PowerAmp Alpha 703 today (think you have to agree to be part of development to get update prompts for these 'trial' versions; it's on their site somewhere but each time I update mine it still verifies that I've purchased the full unlocked version). There's a link to opt-in for Google Play testing on the page.

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8810-poweramp-alpha-build-703/

Here's the line that got my attention:
Alpha-3:
- added DVC support for Hi-Res Snapdragon 24-bit PCM variant (e.g. LG Gx/v10, HTC A9, etc.)

Hope this means they're adding support to use the additional DAC chips (not sure why it says 'Snapdragon variant' though). Tried the updated version with my new T1.2s that arrived today (yes, the V10 can drive them; got up to 90% volume but still amazing for 600 ohm headphones and a cell phone). Gotta try it with the mk3s I normally use to see if v703 sounds better.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #2,400 of 3,525
Been having issues with both battery life and freezing, so I bit the bullet and am doing a FDR...fingers crossed all this is worth it.

Recently got the Beyerdynamic DT 1770s and the headphone pairs very well with the ESS Sabre. Now I need to decide on making my own portable cable or creating a mini 3 pin XLR to 3.5mm F to use an a 3.5mm aux cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back