LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Apr 17, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #2,371 of 3,525
Just gotten the v10. Any news if anyone is making an app like the the one to enable dac in every software. But this time to enable aux or hifi. The P7 headphones does trigger the low settings. Have to disconnect the cord from the headphones first to get the aux enabled. Really annoying!

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #2,372 of 3,525
If your V10 is running Marshmallow (or if you update to it) you no longer need the Dac Fix app.

Only software method I've seen to get more power is this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/themes-apps/dac-fix-hi-fi-dac-everywhere-t3274457/post65568596#post65568596

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #2,373 of 3,525
I don't want to root the phone. Use it with my bank apps. And i know you don't need the app to enable the dac. But again nither of those answered what i asked. But i guess there is no app comming then to enable this...

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #2,377 of 3,525
The dac fix app only activates the ESS Sabre during playback for apps not originaly compatible, MM helped to impliment dac access to more apps without 3rd party intervention but none of that deals with the gain selection of the amp. Not necessarily helpful but I think some clarification is needed.

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #2,378 of 3,525
The dac fix app only activates the ESS Sabre during playback for apps not originaly compatible, MM helped to impliment dac access to more apps without 3rd party intervention but none of that deals with the gain selection of the amp. Not necessarily helpful but I think some clarification is needed.

I know have read every page on this forum. But i really think lg should come with a solution to this. Even if there has to be 2-3 warnings so people who want to destroy their ears can't sue them. But that will take forever.

Thats why i wondered if anyone was making an app to chose the power of the output. It should at least be made tbh.

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #2,379 of 3,525
I know have read every page on this forum. But i really think lg should come with a solution to this. Even if there has to be 2-3 warnings so people who want to destroy their ears can't sue them. But that will take forever.

Thats why i wondered if anyone was making an app to chose the power of the output. It should at least be made tbh.

Might be better to ask that in a forum for developers (like the one I linked to).

If (or when) there is news of an app that manually controls the gain, it will be easy to find because this forum will light up like Christmas.

Beyond that, we don't know. We're not developers.

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #2,380 of 3,525

IIRC the gain selection is based on the ESS Sabre 9602c and not user selectable. Creating a work around defeats the purpose of the entire chipset implementation...

I ran into a similar situation with my RHA MA750i not being able to reach desired volume (due to inline mic/controls no fault of phone or IEMs) and so I was faced with a decision, external amp or new headphone pairing. Stacking an external amp definitely contradicted my original reasoning for purchasing the LG V10 so the (joy of) headphone hunting began.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #2,381 of 3,525

IIRC the gain selection is based on the ESS Sabre 9602c and not user selectable. Creating a work around defeats the purpose of the entire chipset implementation...

I ran into a similar situation with my RHA MA750i not being able to reach desired volume (due to inline mic/controls no fault of phone or IEMs) and so I was faced with a decision, external amp or new headphone pairing. Stacking an external amp definitely contradicted my original reasoning for purchasing the LG V10 so the (joy of) headphone hunting began.

Not an app but this is a fix developed over at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3354472/

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back