LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jul 17, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #931 of 1,179
I just bought a V10 and upgraded to 6.0, I can see that the dac is working with every app but there's no way to trigger high gain even with the tricks on the previous pages, can someone please confirm if any apk is available to trick the gain?

If you have root access you can use an app called "Alsa mixer" from the app store. This works great, it works like the pigylead, you can get your type of IEM's/headphones perfect, by changing the numbers from 0 to 100 in the direct mixer with 0 being highest gain.
This app has brought me a lot closer to my v10.
What a brilliant device this is

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782706/lg-v10-new-ess-chipped-flagship-android-phone-from-lg/2580_30#post_12715255

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #932 of 1,179
Could it be that Poweramp now works in Hifi-Mode ?

Tried to search in the thread for an answer by maybe I am too stupid to find it :)

I am running my V10 (Korean Version) on Android 6.0 and just downloaded the test-version of Poweramp and the phone clearly indicates "Hifi".

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #933 of 1,179
  Could it be that Poweramp now works in Hifi-Mode ?

Tried to search in the thread for an answer by maybe I am too stupid to find it :)

I am running my V10 (Korean Version) on Android 6.0 and just downloaded the test-version of Poweramp and the phone clearly indicates "Hifi".

It works on everything since the Marshmallow update so yes it works on Poweramp now.

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #934 of 1,179
  It works on everything since the Marshmallow update so yes it works on Poweramp now.

Thanks very much for clarifying this .. after a couple of hours listening I have to admit that Poweramp somehow sounds better than the LG Stock Player
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #935 of 1,179
My phone seems to have 2 problems:  1.) Having a lot of image retention issues. In my reading, seems to be a common issue but I hope it doesn't get any worse.  2.) More importantly, every time I run Tidal and try to use the hifi DAC the phone freezes and then crashes and I need to remove the battery in order to power off.  I tried uninstalling and everything short of factory reset.  Anyone else have this issue?

Jul 18, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #936 of 1,179
My phone seems to have 2 problems:  1.) Having a lot of image retention issues. In my reading, seems to be a common issue but I hope it doesn't get any worse.  2.) More importantly, every time I run Tidal and try to use the hifi DAC the phone freezes and then crashes and I need to remove the battery in order to power off.  I tried uninstalling and everything short of factory reset.  Anyone else have this issue?

2) I have used Tidal from day one I got the phone and never had any problems. Is it only Tidal, what about Spotify?. Do a factory reset and if that doesn't help return the phone.

Jul 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #938 of 1,179
Can someone please tell if v10 goes as loud as iphone because I have G4 and it is not as loud as I want it.

Yes, the v10 could easily produce louder volumes than an iPhone.

It has a built in amplifier and can produce heaps of power through it, this cell phone is capable of powering full size headphones to acceptable volumes. Something an iPhone would never be never able to achieve, the v10 has a more capable amplifier than any apple mobile device ever made.

Jul 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #939 of 1,179
Yes, the v10 could easily produce louder volumes than an iPhone.

It has a built in amplifier and can produce heaps of power through it, this cell phone is capable of powering full size headphones to acceptable volumes. Something an iPhone would never be never able to achieve, the v10 has a more capable amplifier than any apple mobile device ever made.

Have you compare with any iPhone if yes which one?

Jul 18, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #940 of 1,179
Have you compare with any iPhone if yes which one?

I have an iphone4 somewhere, there is no need to make a comparison if you simply read the question.

(I better address this now, you see v10 has an amplifier and can produce more power at the headphones than any iPhone can, therefore the volume is able to go louder. Because of simple maths and a thing called ohms law.

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #942 of 1,179
I think I am at "endgame" level right now with this phone and my new 64Audio U8's.  I use PowerAmp Alpha, and with the piggyback lead that I use, I get fantastic dynamics from my IEM's.  It's not a perfect solution, as I'd like to just plug in and go, but with the lead, and the beautiful sound of my U8's, I am so happy with this device.  I've looked through this forum for a few weeks now, thinking I should get a DAP for these IEM's to do them justice, but, with the ESS Sabre DAC, the power of "Aux Mode", and my IEM's, I'm happy.  This is exactly what I wanted in a phone/DAP, and IEM's.  Nowhere for me to go right now.  Just sit back and enjoy the music. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #943 of 1,179
I've been calling my V10 end game since the day this thing launched on Verizon October 31st of last year. This phone along with either my Q701 for at home on the couch, or with the HM5 or Re-Zero on the go. This thing fits my preferred sound signature perfectly. Super clean, flat response, and detailed with plenty of power. I never have to exceed 40 out of 75 with any of my headphones or in ears.

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #944 of 1,179
If you want to plug and go, the best solution is to gain root access to your phone, using Alsa mixer I'm able to do the same volume boost without the need for piggy lead, it may be worth rolling your Android version to 5.1.1 if you have upgraded to 6.

I am able to find the sweet spot for my IEM'S and headphones using Alsa.
This setup sounds fantastic. Really enjoying this rig. I've never liked a phone as much as this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back