LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Oct 30, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #122 of 1,179
Have it... Not sure I'm so impressed yet. It does sound better than my stock Note 4...Probably on par with it being rooted with V4A. No quad beats included either. Definitely need to get adjusted to this. I might jump to Note 5...

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #123 of 1,179
Have it... Not sure I'm so impressed yet. It does sound better than my stock Note 4...Probably on par with it being rooted with V4A. No quad beats included either. Definitely need to get adjusted to this. I might jump to Note 5...

Been using it with hifi mode enabled with an app that supports it?

I think it sounds pretty ridiculous. Lossless stuff sounds sooo good.

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #125 of 1,179
Yes, stock player. Using flac. Tried with my Th900, and asg g2. Still need to play more. Was going to try the quad beats, but we don't get them

What dont you like about what you're hearing?

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #127 of 1,179
What dont you like about what you're hearing?

Not that I don't like, I was just expecting more... But it was a very brief listen tbh. I need to give it a serious listen. I was expecting to be wowed.

So you don't need sd card?  

Need? No. Want? Yes. I may jump back to the Note 4 too. Figured I'd give the 5 a shot. But, I need to give this phone it's fair chance.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #128 of 1,179
With hifi mode enabled there is tons of power. 35 to 40 out of 75, which is 47 to 53 percent, is where ive had the volume with my Q701. This sounds about the same volume as 73 to 80 percent on the M9. The sound is neutral, and very detailed.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #129 of 1,179
Not that I don't like, I was just expecting more... But it was a very brief listen tbh. I need to give it a serious listen. I was expecting to be wowed.
Need? No. Want? Yes. I may jump back to the Note 4 too. Figured I'd give the 5 a shot. But, I need to give this phone it's fair chance.

You should wait for S7 specs first might be an ESS DAC too.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #130 of 1,179
This whole adaptive pump thing in the amp is no joke. When listening to my RE-Zero with hifi enabled, 30 out of 75 sounds about the same level give or take as the Q701 at 35 out of 75. I dont know much about the ESS tech, but i like what im hearing, and the way the volume works and adapts is unique and new to me. Im excited for my RE-400 to come tomorrow.

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #132 of 1,179
I have got a note 4 with viper4android and such....the V10 is leap and bound beyond what the little software viper4android can do in the note 4 period. But it is personal preferences of courses. To me the V10 is very neutral, detailed, powerful with good staging.....it only is lacking the fluidity and tonality accuracy of a high-end dap compare to my zx2....and when a cheaper phone can sound almost as good as a 1000$ DAP....that is ridiculous to me.

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #133 of 1,179
Very happy with the audio quality - it is a phone after all! With some porta pros or my MDR-V6s, it's a great sounding get up with no need to carry a mini amp.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #135 of 1,179
Perhaps my issues are 2 fold, I listen very loud to music, and I'm a basshead. My main gripe was really I wanted more bass. I'm hoping to give it a better listen today.

I can assure you that if you are a bass head, the note4 with viper4android will have much more bass, bloated, unatural, in-accurate, but non the less a lot of bass. The LG V10 is for people who seek for details, accuracy, transparency kind of music....(audiophiles) if you want to put it at that. It is a trully good phone for the price and the audio quality that you can get it for. So, I assure you that you won't like the V-10....it will be too neutral, flat, like what I said in my review, you probably won't like it

But when it come to power output....the note 4 has no amp in it, and it is inferior..not even comparable to V10. V10 has the newest and most technological advanced in mobile opamp design from ESS. Even ZX2 couldn't even put out that much power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back