LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Oct 31, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #136 of 1,179
Battery life with the screen off seems to be good. I went to sleep last night with it at 100% and it was still at 100% when i woke up this morning. Still at 67% right now. Been listening to music for the last hour with the screen off and the battery had only dropped 3%. So at about 3% an hour for music playback with the screen off that equates to just over 30 hours of music playback time. Not bad at all.

The phone itself is very fast and smooth. Feels better than the HTC One M9. Its very obviously smoother when typing. Multitasking seems faster and smoother. Two thumbs up so far.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #137 of 1,179
Did some more listening today, some hi res stuff. It does sound very good. I hooked up my amp, which really makes this thing shine. Much clearer than the Note 4, more details, etc.

I'm really enjoying the phone itself. Last night I was seriously contemplated returning it. Today, I'm much happier.

Love the dual screens too... Pretty awesome device.

Anyway, back to the sound. It's definitely much better than any stock phone. I do listen at full volume, which is pretty loud, I wouldn't do that for extended periods, but perfect for gym time. I'd probably keep it at 60 with my IEMS.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #138 of 1,179
Did some more listening today, some hi res stuff. It does sound very good. I hooked up my amp, which really makes this thing shine. Much clearer than the Note 4, more details, etc.

I'm really enjoying the phone itself. Last night I was seriously contemplated returning it. Today, I'm much happier.

Love the dual screens too... Pretty awesome device.

Anyway, back to the sound. It's definitely much better than any stock phone. I do listen at full volume, which is pretty loud, I wouldn't do that for extended periods, but perfect for gym time. I'd probably keep it at 60 with my IEMS.

That sounds like it would be crazy loud. Be careful. You want to be able to enjoy music for many years to come. With all my headphones (hifi mode enabled) I've been keeping the volume at anywhere between 20 and 40 out of 75. Which is 53% or less all the time, this is even enough for the (power hungry) Q701.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #139 of 1,179
That sounds like it would be crazy loud. Be careful. You want to be able to enjoy music for many years to come. With all my headphones (hifi mode enabled) I've been keeping the volume at anywhere between 20 and 40 out of 75. Which is 53% or less all the time, this is even enough for the (power hungry) Q701.

True! I can't barely break 60 on the 75 max with Z7 and SA5000. It blows ears....and the ability to hear well will be needed for the rest of my life. It is not about how loud the sound get, it is about how clear, clean, quality music at a smaller volume for me :D..best be preserving he hearing ability.

Imagine stacking the hearing aids then headphones or IEMS on top....wow....no thanks

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #140 of 1,179
Really? At full blast, it's loud but not painful. Maybe my device is defective? I am listening to Tidal right now and it's on 25, I barely hear it. It's louder on my SD card, but not enjoyable.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #141 of 1,179
Really? At full blast, it's loud but not painful. Maybe my device is defective? I am listening to Tidal right now and it's on 25, I barely hear it. It's louder on my SD card, but not enjoyable.

Nah, make sure the hifi is working correctly, most app won't access hifi DAC on board. The stock app will, and when it does, it blows ears period. The snapdragon codec is weak and bad quality, and it will always be very little in power output

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #143 of 1,179
Using the stock player now. Hifi enabled, 20is like a whisper, that's with flac or hi res. 35 would be the minimum I'd listen to. 75 is completely tolerable and probably what I will use when I lift.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #144 of 1,179
Using the stock player now. Hifi enabled, 20is like a whisper, that's with flac or hi res. 35 would be the minimum I'd listen to. 75 is completely tolerable and probably what I will use when I lift.

Well, good luck :D hopefully your hearing will still be good at 75 by age lol....just as long as I don't need hearing aids to help me enjoy my music, I will do anything :D, that means if I have to listen at a lower volumes lol

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #145 of 1,179
I definitely couldnt listen to any of my iem's at anything above 40. Even my Q701 is crazy loud at 50. The amp is definitely quite powerful in hifi mode.

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #147 of 1,179
Lol. I don't know if there is something wrong with my device. Or maybe it's my ears... Even clicking hifi on and off, it's different, but not night and day.

With harder to drive headphones it should be night and day. If i toggle it off and on with my Q701 its seriously like half as loud with hifi mode off. With iem's it is barely noticeable.

On a different note, i love having so much storage space. The internal memory on mine is 50GB of free space. Thats what is left to the user, the rest is part of the OS. I have a 128GB sd card right now, which is 120 in reality, so thats 170GB of storage space. The 200 GB card from LG should bump it up to about 233GB total since a 200GB card is really 183GB.

Ive got 99 point something GB of music on my 128GB card, and 12 point something in offline flac files from Tidal. Pretty sweet!

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #149 of 1,179
With harder to drive headphones it should be night and day. If i toggle it off and on with my Q701 its seriously like half as loud with hifi mode off. With iem's it is barely noticeable.

I don't have any hard to drive head phones. Just the Fostex Th900, which are pretty easy to drive.

Overall I'm happy with the sound. Spent more time listening today and it's a very clean sound, nice separation, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back