LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Oct 22, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #46 of 1,179
It shows just s long as you turned it on, and headphones is attached....but the effects is not there. Like I said, there are huge sound quality deficiency on those apps, and the only one to fully utilize this Hifi is the stoc music app.

Again, it will always show up...but will you benefit ? Not from any other apps, but only stock app :D. Even when I try to toggle it on and off by using it with Power-amp there is no such affect....not even a stall or anything, just NADA...not here sir!

Interesting....

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #47 of 1,179
Unfortunately, the only app that can have access into this DAC and hi-fi amp is the stock Music app. I tried using the Poweramp and Neutron...nada, both could only access to the default one, which is the Snapdragon chip ?

Wow, I am stunned. Can you check what file formats the native player can use? I previously had an LG G2 and the native LG music player on that couldn't play Apple Lossless files. I'm not even sure if it could play Flac. I'm hoping they've at least made the native app more robust because otherwise what's the point?

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #48 of 1,179

Wow, I am stunned. Can you check what file formats the native player can use? I previously had an LG G2 and the native LG music player on that couldn't play Apple Lossless files. I'm not even sure if it could play Flac. I'm hoping they've at least made the native app more robust because otherwise what's the point?

I guess the point is that it's just like having a non-internet DAP in your phone like a Fiio X5.  You can use your Hi-Fi lossless files and mp3s to get superb sound from a reliable DAC but nothing more.  Kind of a shame as it would have been a GIANT leap but it's still very useful in my opinion.   It's still a small leap.  We're getting there.  We have the ESS dac in the phone and more to come. Give it a couple years.

As for the Apple lossless.. well. I could have said I told you so about that. This is why I dont get my music from companies like apple making proprietary files.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #49 of 1,179
  As for the Apple lossless.. well. I could have said I told you so about that. This is why I dont get my music from companies like apple making proprietary files.

My apple lossless files were from CD's. The problem is I have way too many files to consider re-ripping them in a different format or converting the files. I know what you mean though. I should've been more hesitant to adopt an apple format...

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #51 of 1,179
Sorry, I don't have ALAC available
biggrin.gif
and only used FLAC.

Fair enough. I still appreciate the review, so thanks for that!

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #52 of 1,179
if what I've read above is correct - deal breaker for me too

99% of my music listening these days is via Spotify

could it be to do with power use ? does the stand-alone DAC + headphone amp use more power ? therefore if used all the time ?

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #53 of 1,179
  if what I've read above is correct - deal breaker for me too

99% of my music listening these days is via Spotify

could it be to do with power use ? does the stand-alone DAC + headphone amp use more power ? therefore if used all the time ?

but then they could have a manual on/off dac switch you could toggle so that doesn't seem like a good excuse.  external dac/amps dont really work with streaming either and you usually have to use specific apps like UAPP to get your dac/amp working so maybe there is some type of limitation we dont understand.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #54 of 1,179
Sorry newbie hear can you confirm that it plays 24/192 BIT FLAC files and the Stock player will browse and play albums stored on my 200 GIG SD
Card with headphones of my choice .Am I missing something

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #55 of 1,179
Sorry newbie hear can you confirm that it plays 24/192 BIT FLAC files and the Stock player will browse and play albums stored on my 200 GIG SD
Card with headphones of my choice .Am I missing something

Yes, it can play that quality format. I don't have any 200gb card, so I can not confirm it. But it should not be any problem at all. As said in the review, the Hifi will only be accessible to stock music app...and with stock music app, anything higher than CD quality and you will loose out the access to EQ and sound enhencement effects. However CD quality of 16/44.1 or below, you will have the ability to pick some preset EQ.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #57 of 1,179
Still a very good choice for the people who want a single solution Phone + Music player.
I will wait a bit longer to see what Samsung Galaxy S7 has to offer.
Tell me please has it got FM radio, or DMB the korean version?
Thank you.

Those are all in Korean :D I can't help you there. There are many Bloatwares in Korean language.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #59 of 1,179
wow very nice.
I am in the market for a new phone soon.

I am also in the market potentially for a DAP but if I can get something half decent in a phone for the commute to get me to work I am all set.

Currently using an Aegis with my note 4, which sounds great, and is fine ont eh train but a clunky when walking, so having a phone to cover the train and walking would be convenient.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #60 of 1,179

Users who are viewing this thread

Back