LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
May 31, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #841 of 1,179
Guyz;
I've read lots of good reviews about this phone specially the SQ..I'm about to replace my 6s with this one..But there are some questions before sell my iphone:
On GSM Arena review they mentioned the volume has 75 steps while in the review on the first page of this thread it stated the=at there's only 15 steps...So which info is correct?
And hows the SQ compared to the iphone 6s? I found my 6s SQ very entertaining warmish and with a tight punchy bass also very loud with my HD558s..So is it even better at least with SD files like wav 44k 16b? I found the only lack on the iphone is rather narrowish sound stage and a bit lack of detail at very top end...Otherwise the iphone is very entertaining...

Thanks in advanced

May 31, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #842 of 1,179
Guyz;
I've read lots of good reviews about this phone specially the SQ..I'm about to replace my 6s with this one..But there are some questions before sell my iphone:
On GSM Arena review they mentioned the volume has 75 steps while in the review on the first page of this thread it stated the=at there's only 15 steps...So which info is correct?
And hows the SQ compared to the iphone 6s? I found my 6s SQ very entertaining warmish and with a tight punchy bass also very loud with my HD558s..So is it even better at least with SD files like wav 44k 16b? I found the only lack on the iphone is rather narrowish sound stage and a bit lack of detail at very top end...Otherwise the iphone is very entertaining...

Thanks in advanced

Ill explain the volume steps. In hifi mode it goes from 0 to 75. With the up and down buttoms it goes up or down in increments of 5. You can adjust in steps of 1 by using the slider on the screen though to fine tune it.

May 31, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #847 of 1,179
  Thank you so much
So with headset attached in music mode  with the on screen slider you can do from 0-to75 but with vol keys you do 15x5 steps..Did I get that right?

It's also worth noting that if you download Poweramp Alpha, you can set it up to 100 steps, and the volume buttons will move it a single step at a time. I've found this far more convenient than using the slider. This will only work in Poweramp Alpha though. Not sure if any other music apps have the same feature

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #848 of 1,179
So which stand alone DAPs under $1000 would beat this phone in audio output.So far Fiio X5,X7 hisoundaudio rocoo p,astell & kern Ak jr,ibasso dx90 are in my list.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #849 of 1,179
So which stand alone DAPs under $1000 would beat this phone in audio output.So far Fiio X5,X7 hisoundaudio rocoo p,astell & kern Ak jr,ibasso dx90 are in my list.

I mentioned before, but i very happily replaced my X5 with the V10, in both better SQ and ease of use.

I think the X7 should get some focus for the changable AMP modules, but note that it is behind on its Android version.
Beyond that, i would look at the Onkyo DP-X1 especially for the balanced mode, but note that it has problems with things like Tidal...

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #850 of 1,179
I mentioned before, but i very happily replaced my X5 with the V10, in both better SQ and ease of use.

I think the X7 should get some focus for the changable AMP modules, but note that it is behind on its Android version.
Beyond that, i would look at the Onkyo DP-X1 especially for the balanced mode, but note that it has problems with things like Tidal...

What problems does the dxp1 have with tidal? I have the pioneer xdp100r and I have no problems with tidal. Also, if sounds awesome as well, even better with the pioneer xpa700 amp balanced out

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #851 of 1,179
What problems does the dxp1 have with tidal? I have the pioneer xdp100r and I have no problems with tidal. Also, if sounds awesome as well, even better with the pioneer xpa700 amp balanced out

Admittedly, i am only parroting what i read in the Onkyo thread, but it sounds like skipping and sound distortion. It also sounds like the brand new update to Tidal might fix it.. again, don't own it, so i can only go by what i read...

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #853 of 1,179

Wow better than X5ii or X5? I just recently gave the X5ii a listen.And it sounded very good especially bass frequencies.I just returned the HTC 10 phone because I didn't like the bass.It was too loose and undefined for my liking.But everything else sounded great.Imaging and details were excellent.But i did not like the screen at all.

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #854 of 1,179
Wow better than X5ii or X5? I just recently gave the X5ii a listen.And it sounded very good especially bass frequencies.I just returned the HTC 10 phone because I didn't like the bass.It was too loose and undefined for my liking.But everything else sounded great.Imaging and details were excellent.And i did not like the screen at all.

I have an original X5, and at least with My HD650s, yes, i enjoy the V10 more. I dont know if i can point to one specific sound aspect, other than the V10 seems more "alive" (yes, totally my made up term).

Beyond that, there is the usability factor - i may get creamed, but the X5 has one of the worst UI's i have run across.  I guess if you ONLY every play music on random its fine... but otherwise, that wheel and buttons are a serious PITA beyond 30 songs or so. The ability for the V10 (though, this praise is to any Android DAP) to use apps like PowerAMP 3, UAPP, Tidal, and others, far exceeds any marginal quality boost the X5/X5II *might* have (that i can't hear)...

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #855 of 1,179
It's as good as FiiO X7. SQ of course, Android 6 is much superior. X7 has more power, thats just it.

It is hard to believe this type of sound quality is coming from a smartphone.The problem is i have to buy it unlocked(and its not cheap) because it isn't available in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back