LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
May 27, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #827 of 1,179
What are the best settings to enable/disable on poweramp alpha audio output menu, with the v10? I just discovered this menu in audio settings but I'm not sure what works with the V10's built in dac, I don't want to enable something that hinders the dac or bypasses it.

May 27, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #828 of 1,179
What are the best settings to enable/disable on poweramp alpha audio output menu, with the v10? I just discovered this menu in audio settings but I'm not sure what works with the V10's built in dac, I don't want to enable something that hinders the dac or bypasses it.

Interested too. I read something a few pages ago but I can't find it.

May 30, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #830 of 1,179
If someone could knock out the an ideal Setting-scenario for Poweramp and recommendations on a range of headphones that can take advantage of the range-spectrum of the DAC would be GREATLY appreciated. In terms of cost, I hope I am not embarrassing myself by requesting a price-point of between $100-200 isn't too meager for headphone.

I really appreciate in advance any feedback re. these two recommendations from the impressive knowledge base that frequents this Site. 

Regards.

May 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #832 of 1,179
If someone could knock out the an ideal Setting-scenario for Poweramp and recommendations on a range of headphones that can take advantage of the range-spectrum of the DAC would be GREATLY appreciated. In terms of cost, I hope I am not embarrassing myself by requesting a price-point of between $100-200 isn't too meager for headphone.

I really appreciate in advance any feedback re. these two recommendations from the impressive knowledge base that frequents this Site. 

Regards.

A few people have disagreed with me here, but I find my Sennheiser HD598se's pair very well with my v10. Everyone I've let listen to this combo has been amazed, including myself, to hear sound quality like this from a phone...

May 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #833 of 1,179
V10 still rocks here at "High Gain" (AUX adapter). Sound quality is indeed outstanding for a phone and it has been playing with several high-end IEMs. Curious is that when I pass to my computers ASUS Strix Raid DLX sound card (SABRE 9016 DAC), my will is to sell the sound card right away.

May 31, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #834 of 1,179
I was A/Bing my V10 and my OG X3 last night with my Aurisonics Forte. I would put the phone into “aux device” amp mode, and put the X3 at 90 on high gain, that was always the max. I could listen to.

The result, the phone IMO won. The clarity at high vol., and lower volumes, the much better EQ, the DAC sound, it was just cleaner.

Same songs, I don't have a meter to gauge SPL, but I tried for what sounded like similar volumes, so not a scientific or blind test, but MAN do I LOVE this phone!

May 31, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #835 of 1,179
I was A/Bing my V10 and my OG X3 last night with my Aurisonics Forte. I would put the phone into “aux device” amp mode, and put the X3 at 90 on high gain, that was always the max. I could listen to.

The result, the phone IMO won. The clarity at high vol., and lower volumes, the much better EQ, the DAC sound, it was just cleaner.

Same songs, I don't have a meter to gauge SPL, but I tried for what sounded like similar volumes, so not a scientific or blind test, but MAN do I LOVE this phone!

Even crazier than you, i totally replaced my X5 with my V10.  Aside from a massively better UI (touchscreen plus playback app selection), i found the SQ from my V10 to be as good or better than my X5 (using my HD650s).  And it isn't just about volume.. something about the V10 sound is just more.... fun. For sure it can drive the 650s better as well, but with PowerAMP 3 properly configured, the SQ is just sublime..

May 31, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #837 of 1,179

Regards.

As far as headphones, I have M50x which can now be picked up for around $120 and are easily the best headphones under $200 (they use to cost $170-$190 when they were new to the market). I used only these until i recently picked up some H6 v2, but i still use my m50x for certain moods, like when i wanna party in my head, and for live mixing. But either headphone sounds insanely good with the v10!

May 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #839 of 1,179

Regards.

I have been listening to my V10 with my Hifiman RE600.  I think this pairing is very natural sounding and pretty transparent.  You probably won't like it if you like aggressive treble, but the mids and bass are perfect.  At least to my tastes.  I think they run about $140-150 on amazon, much better than the initial price of $400.  I'm sure that the price has come down because of the very iffy cable, but outside of my $2k desktop setup this is my favorite pairing that I have heard.

May 31, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #840 of 1,179
I have been listening to my V10 with my Hifiman RE600.  I think this pairing is very natural sounding and pretty transparent.  You probably won't like it if you like aggressive treble, but the mids and bass are perfect.  At least to my tastes.  I think they run about $140-150 on amazon, much better than the initial price of $400.  I'm sure that the price has come down because of the very iffy cable, but outside of my $2k desktop setup this is my favorite pairing that I have heard.

The re600s are really good. They just need more bass and they'd be perfect. They have the best highs of all my iems. I have se846, flc8s, fx850, and a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back