LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Nov 20, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #316 of 1,179
@dungden, I have a friend that orderes the Korean version, I'll ask him. I'm sure Whitigir will answer you. No worries, your English is fine my friend.

yoyorast10 I dont see this phone ending daps. I still want a standalone, as I'm sure others do as well. I will say, I have no need as the V10 satisfies me. I just want one. I have almost no doubt, as our phone's audio performance increases, fewer and fewer daps will be sold.

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #317 of 1,179
@dungden, I have a friend that orderes the Korean version, I'll ask him. I'm sure Whitigir will answer you. No worries, your English is fine my friend.

@yoyorast10 I dont see this phone ending daps. I still want a standalone, as I'm sure others do as well. I will say, I have no need as the V10 satisfies me. I just want one. I have almost no doubt, as our phone's audio performance increases, fewer and fewer daps will be sold.

DAPs just seem like huge rip offs compared to this.

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #319 of 1,179
I agree, on both parts for the most part.

As far as daps being a rip off, not all of them. Fiio offers wonderful daps that are priced accordingly. The new m series as a DAP for $59 I believe. The X1 is $99. I won't touch AK, but again, we are talking about luxuries (wants) not needs. If one feels it's a ripoff, buy this beautiful phone and call it a day.

Also understand the economies of scale, what it costs Apple, Sammy, et al., won't cost companies like Fiio, Ibasso, or even AK.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #320 of 1,179
how many of u who own the v10 have daps and can you tell me if you prefer the v10 over ur dap and which dap you have

I have several daps (R10, AK Jr., Ponoplayer) and all sound very good (V10 included) but the differences are fairly subtle.

Prefer the V10 over the Pono (single ended) with certain headphones but the R10 sounds best and has the most power while I like the AK Jr's smaller size and hardware buttons.

So its a toss up but I no longer need to carry the other daps away from home. The V10 can do the job just as well.

Had I gotten the V10 first, doubt I would've bought all the others.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #321 of 1,179
I have to say, the more I listen the more I'm inclined to not purchase another DAP. I know I won't get basshead levels of bass like I'm getting, but even without that, the phone founds pretty damn good. I love electronics, but I'm starting to think, purchasing a DAP will be a complete waste of money, I'm that happy.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #322 of 1,179
I have to say, the more I listen the more I'm inclined to not purchase another DAP. I know I won't get basshead levels of bass like I'm getting, but even without that, the phone founds pretty damn good. I love electronics, but I'm starting to think, purchasing a DAP will be a complete waste of money, I'm that happy.

Shhh......

I gotta sell all my other daps now. If others start thinking like that I'll never be able to get rid of them.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #323 of 1,179

will u be able to resist the temptation to buy the new onkyo

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #325 of 1,179
I'm starting to agree now that they should boost the amp software a little bit for the 32 ohm.  Most of my music I don't max out on 32 ohm so I can't complain but there are a few quietly mastered albums that need an extra notch.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #326 of 1,179
will u be able to resist the temptation to buy the new onkyo

Probably not. I love my toys. I just don't foresee me using it. Worst case, I'll buy and sell like I normally do. I know you'd love it with V4A since we have similar tastes bro. I wish you could experience my setup. It's absolutely ridiculous.

jamor- I've been saying that, it needs more power, well, power that we can use. I'd prefer to be able to control my own gain.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #327 of 1,179
Probably not. I love my toys. I just don't foresee me using it. Worst case, I'll buy and sell like I normally do. I know you'd love it with V4A since we have similar tastes bro. I wish you could experience my setup. It's absolutely ridiculous.

@jamor- I've been saying that, it needs more power, well, power that we can use. I'd prefer to be able to control my own gain.

what u mean by control ur own gain ??? i did not understand this

Nov 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #328 of 1,179
@jamor- I've been saying that, it needs more power, well, power that we can use. I'd prefer to be able to control my own gain.

True true.

Btw listening to Lossless Live Phish via V10 & Philips X2 is so amazing.  Can't take my headphones off.  
o2smile.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #330 of 1,179
+1, was to tired yesterday
wink.gif
Thanks for clarifying.

The point is still that the DAC in the phone doesn't do the decoding when using BT device's.

Correct. I would go even further: unless the OEMs have ****ed up the BT audio settings on the device, every source device will sound identical (apple to apple comparison, so SBC to SBC, AAC to AAC, APTx to APTx) and the sound quality is entirely determined by the receiving device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back