LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #47 of 478
  What's you opinion on the bass?
From the measurements I'd guess that it can be overwhelming and/or slow at times.

The bass increase on the QB3 seems to be coming from the vent, which is larger than the vent on QB2, should be a simple fix, just tape over the vent and put a pin prick in the tape to resemble the G2 vent size. This should get rid of the excess sub bass and bass decay, and the frequency response should then be close to completely flat.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #48 of 478
  well, if you have tips that fit your ears, yes, I wholeheartedly recommends it.
quadbeat3 is the one of the best measured dynamic earphones in the world. 
http://www.nssc.re.kr/phone/19278

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=5627246
I don't see any dynamic earphones that close to the target curves this close. 
nssc target is very close to the olive welti one. 
yes, the measurements don't tell whole things, but what does?

Measurements certainly aren't everything, but GR07BE is closer to the Harman target. I don't know about QB3 but the two QB2 I've owned sounded subjectively bad to me compared to Sony MH1 and Monoprice 9927. The bass lacked impact (unlike quantity) and everything sounded smeared.

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #50 of 478
Measurements certainly aren't everything, but GR07BE is closer to the Harman target. I don't know about QB3 but the two QB2 I've owned sounded subjectively bad to me compared to Sony MH1 and Monoprice 9927. The bass lacked impact (unlike quantity) and everything sounded smeared.

Thanks for the reply.
The vsonic earphones are certainly very good, but look at the raw measurements, it has a 5kh peak which is as prominent as a 3kh peak(which quadbeat 3 dosent have), and quadbeat 3 has more subbass but connection between middbass and subbass is so linear that it minimizes socalled 'masking effect'. Of course, 3is not perfectly match with any target, it has a little thick in mids but so is the vsonic

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #52 of 478
Just got the quadbeat 2 in korea. Wow these are pretty good for the price but I can't seem to find the quadbeat 3 in korea

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #53 of 478
I currently have QB1SE, QB2, QB3. They are all equally good but slightly different, it would be personal preference that decides which one each person would gravitate to. I personally like QB2 + Sony hybrid tips.

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #54 of 478
  I currently have QB1SE, QB2, QB3. They are all equally good but slightly different, it would be personal preference that decides which one each person would gravitate to. I personally like QB2 + Sony hybrid tips.

nvm found the qb3 in lq store in korea i really like the qb3. how does th qb1se compare to the qb3 and qb2?

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #57 of 478
Just received mine a week ago and I must admit that I'm very disappointed with the included tips (small and medium size). Where are the large tips??? The default medium sized tips didn't seal well for me. I then changed the tips to the Spiral Dot tips and boy am I surprised....it sounds amazing. Sub-bass is north of neutral and packs a good rumble when called for. It doesn't bleed into the mids and the mid bass is tight and controlled. Mid is just right without overly forward and highs are surprisingly extended and airy. Soundstage is very realistic without n your head congestion. Overall sound quality simply exceeds the asking price.....a very good performer indeed.

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #59 of 478
I have these after borrowing a pair from my fellow friend who had an LG G4. And I must say that it is quite the departure from the predecessors like the QuadBeat 2s. It is a LOT more bassy (Which I personally like) and has a more V shaped sound signature to it. Highs are detailed enough but the mids are ever-so-slightly recessed. The fit is meh and isolation is average at best. Overall, a pretty decent IEM that came absolutely FREE with a phone! However, it may not please the audiophiles in you as I cannot quite say that they are a neutral sounding IEM anymore.

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #60 of 478
Having these for a couple weeks, I took a good listen to various genres with them. The sound doesn't really correspond to the graph. I think these earphones work at peak point with classical music becuase trebles are well balanced which makes detail nice, but mids are suppressed. If you listened to symphony in e minor, you can hear the clacking of the keys being hit on the clarinet and english horn. They have really good surround sound (which means you can hear different tracks in different areas), but the immersivness is less than average. You would understand if you listened to them. I bought these at an LG shop and they sold them for $23 which is a more than acceptable price for these gems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back