LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
May 30, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #31 of 478
  I'm not a basshead whatsoever but the QB2s have no bass at all. NONE.

Lol, I disagree. I only listen to electronic music, so I know a thing or two about bass (not to mention my owning many iems and hp's), and the QB2 has exactly my type of bass, warm, impactful, extended, but gets out of the way before you even knew it was there, I love it.

Also, the QB3 graphs show that it has ALOT more decay in the bass than QB2, and also alot more sub bass, along with smoothened highs, so QB3 will no doubt be better for your preferences. But for me, I'm not liking the look of that big bass decay on the QB3, as I like speedy bass.

May 30, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #32 of 478
^ Man I love the QB2, I'm using Sony Hybrid tips. The thinness is part of why I love them (but the Sony Hybrids do lessen the thinness), the thinness gives vocals great clarity even though they are behind in the mix compared to bass, and the bass is nice and tight even though north of neutral in amount, but the bass has less decay than many other iems, which Is great, I don't like bass that sticks around, and the treble has such great extension and presence without being splashy or sibilant. Its all a magic combination for electronic music imo, I seriously listen to the QB2 over all the iems in my sig, I know that most people wouldn't share the same feelings though.

Yep, sony hybrid is a good match with the QB2.

May 30, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #33 of 478
  I'm not a basshead whatsoever but the QB2s have no bass at all. NONE.

The stock tip sucks. When I used them, I could not feel the bass either. Try the sony hybrid or tips with shorter bore length.

May 30, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #34 of 478
Okay, I take it back, the QB2s do have bass and sound very good. I paired them with some Comply T400 Active tips and they sound good now.

This makes me look forward to the QB3s even more. I think I'll be picking up a G4 very, very soon so I'll post some impressions.

May 30, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #35 of 478
I might jump on the quad train

I was thinking about getting either the quadbeat 1 420w quadbeat 2 le530 or pay extra $10 for the quadbeat 3 are these good for edm/vocal?

May 30, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #36 of 478
^ I really like the QB2 for vocal trance, but it really comes down to preference. The QB2 are not big hitting, the are refined and accurate. The QB3 graphs show an iem that is better than QB2 in the Mids/Vocals and Treble, but the Bass is huge on QB3, so I need to hear them to see if I'll find them tight enough in the bass like the QB2 I love, I hate sloppy bass.

May 30, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #37 of 478
  ^ I really like the QB2 for vocal trance, but it really comes down to preference. The QB2 are not big hitting, the are refined and accurate. The QB3 graphs show an iem that is better than QB2 in the Mids/Vocals and Treble, but the Bass is huge on QB3, so I need to hear them to see if I'll find them tight enough in the bass like the QB2 I love, I hate sloppy bass.

but are the quadbeat 2 better then the quadbeat 1? i listen to music like hardwell electric pop vocals i prefer accurate clear vocals with good soundstage and sub bass. I decided not to get the quadbeat 3 there shipping is long. so either the quadbeat 1 or 2 i be going to korea soon so i be on a hunt for one of the quadbeat 3

are there fake quadbeats i should worry about like the pistons?

are these the quadbeat special editions? http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-HSS-F420W-Quadbeat-Headset/dp/B00C6VOYYO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433032216&sr=8-3&keywords=quadbeat+2

May 30, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #40 of 478
  but are the quadbeat 2 better then the quadbeat 1? i listen to music like hardwell electric pop vocals i prefer accurate clear vocals with good soundstage and sub bass. I decided not to get the quadbeat 3 there shipping is long. so either the quadbeat 1 or 2 i be going to korea soon so i be on a hunt for one of the quadbeat 3
are there fake quadbeats i should worry about like the pistons?
are these the quadbeat special editions? http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-HSS-F420W-Quadbeat-Headset/dp/B00C6VOYYO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433032216&sr=8-3&keywords=quadbeat+2

No fake QB's have been seen, yes that is the special edition (any QB1 with red accents is SE), I just ordered one yesterday so I haven't compared to QB2, but the graphs show that QB2 has better sub bass than QB1SE, but QB1SE has possibly smoother highs than QB2, both have same mids, both have same decay. QB1SE and QB2 are much closer to each other than to QB3.

May 31, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #42 of 478

Just bought it!
Tips are still awful, just like other Quadbeats.
but I must say, I am very impressed once I used other tips that I own(some Sony and Philips tips).
In my humble opinion, 3 is the most flaw-less(or free?) earphones from I-SOUND who designed all quadbeats as well as Muix series earphones(IX1000 AND IX3000)
I had really hated their treble sound, even though they are not bad in their price range, but with quadbeat 3, not any more. Just don't expect flawlessly smooth treble which
I have never experienced in earphones, let alone dynamic ones.
I hope I-SOUND designs the-cost-no-object products in the near future.

May 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #44 of 478
Does anyone know how the Quadbeat 3 compare to the Xiaomi Piston 3?

The Piston 3 have a certain V-Shaped signature, not as much as the Piston 2 though. 

I'm especially curious about the soundstage.

Also, are the Quadbeat 3 worth 30€? Can't find them for less anywhere, the Quadbeat 2 are like half the price (13€). 

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #45 of 478
well, if you have tips that fit your ears, yes, I wholeheartedly recommends it.
quadbeat3 is the one of the best measured dynamic earphones in the world. 
http://www.nssc.re.kr/phone/19278

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=5627246
I don't see any dynamic earphones that close to the target curves this close. 
nssc target is very close to the olive welti one. 
yes, the measurements don't tell whole things, but what does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back