LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #361 of 451

$20.49 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-LG-QuadBeat-Premium-Earphone/dp/B00H92BW3G

I was going to buy this but noticed that it ships from Hong Kong.  Has anyone ordered from them?  Is it a legit product?

I've never ordered international before so I'm really wary on what to get, I might just save more and get something that I know is shipped from the US... especially since it will take about a month to get here.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #362 of 451
  I was going to buy this but noticed that it ships from Hong Kong.  Has anyone ordered from them?  Is it a legit product?

I've never ordered international before so I'm really wary on what to get, I might just save more and get something that I know is shipped from the US... especially since it will take about a month to get here.

They're made in either China or South Korea.  How do you think they would get to the US otherwise, magic?

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #363 of 451
I ordered these from the seller on Amazon, shipped from Hong Kong. Order placed on the 19th and arrived today. So that's pretty darn quick.

Very pleasantly surprised by these. Had no idea what to expect based on different impressions. To my ear these are pretty darn well extended and not harsh at all, with great bass presence and full mids. I listen to mostly hip hop and feared these would be treble happy and wouldn't do the genre right, I was wrong, these are great outta the box. It doesn't hurt that I have a Nexus 5 and the controls work perfectly.

I prefer these over other budget miracles that I also own such as, Philips 3590, Sony ex37 bumpin bud, JVC Fx101, JVC fx40(harsh!), Sony mh1 (don't own mhc1 don't know if difference) and soundmagic e10 - all very good budget IEMs IMO. For 20 bucks couldn't ask for anything more.

Also find them very comfy and easy to get a seal with the stock tips, obv YMMV.

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #364 of 451
Just got these yesterday. Initial impressions are very good.

Build: Very well-build, rounded and smooth with a metal outer case. Flat cable which feelt sturdy enough, not always the biggest fan of them but as a bonus the cable always feels quite sturdy, since the shape just feels better protected to certain bending, and isn't as thin and flimsy as some lower-price headphones can be.

Comfort & Fit: The soundtube is quite slim and the tapering off of the diameter of it as it extends from the housing, coupled with the round smooth shaped of the housing itself, makes these very comfortable to wear. Really there was nothing to it, immediately it feels like you've worn these for years, completely nonintrusive for my ears. Despite not being ported they have a airy feel to them in your ears, they don't feel boxed in like some headphones can. I'm using the biggest of the included tips, YMMV but various size and diameter tips, and general fit, will modify the bass and treble response so make sure to try various combos to find what feels, but also sounds the most natural to your ears.

Sound: Smooth, very even across the spectrum, well-detailed, and with good to great sharpness, liveliness and clarity in transient sounds (gunshots, shattering glass). Generally I found that at levels where dialogue in for example T2 were at my usual levels, smashing and crashing sounds really pop with great levels of detail and clarity. The dynamic range of these is one of the highlights.

Overall response curve on my pair is slightly focused on the bass, low-mids and mids, with a bit of a dip around 4-6KHz and then swinging up slightly towards the top end, so a gentle S-shape. While the general curve to my ears is slightly wavy though there are almost no "focal points" in the sound where excessive weight is put. 

Quite spacious and airy, movies with a centered dialogue exchange and orchestral soundtrack filling the sides have a natural sound, not the widest I've heard but engaging and enveloping.
Crisp-sounding thanks to the slightly elevated top-end, but like others have said, not as dramatically skewed as the SoundMAGIC E10. The well-controlled and responsive dynamic response also helps the snap from hihats and snare drums.

Most material I've used these on fall naturally in place with it, not really any cases of overpowering bass, or a skewed sensation to the frequency response. They are almost always neither too bright, too bassy, or too muddy.

Even something like Hans Zimmers "The Kraken" from Pirates 2 fairs quite well, that soundtrack is very low-middy and muffled due to the way it was mixed (supposedly to give a layered sense of dimensionality and depth) so most headphones struggle with it, either not giving a sense of space due to not reproducing what little 2-6KHz room sound there is, or just overblowing and making the bass sound completely messy.

In particular I really like the performance of ambient textured sounds vs. dynamic snaps and crackles. Transients really are quite alive and have a fine, well-tuned crisp point to them. Thanks to this instrument separation is very good, even slight drum hits have a well-defined point to them.

Overall: So yeah, excellent for the price, and very good regardless of price. To my ears they sound slightly colored thanks to the perceived slight peak in the top end, which makes that always stand out slightly and making itself heard and noticed as a slight point of resonance or attention. However might just be that the headphones I listened to just before these was missing that portion and my ears and brain need a day or two to compensate correctly making it all fall into place.
Feels like alot of attention by the right people went into these. Definitely prefer these over something like the E10, and they seem to work for pretty much anything thanks to the overall very even sound, and their great dynamics and energy.

May 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #366 of 451
Replaced the stock tips with silicone tips from some generic IEM I had before and I like the sound better. More treble definition and slightly tighter bass.

Jun 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #369 of 451
Same here, anybody have any idea how the Quadbeat 2 Special Edition F531 sound compared to Quadbeat Special Edition F420. I own a pair of QBSE F420 and it's truly amazing for it's price and I'm wondering if QB2SE F531 improves on the sound quality (less low mid bloat). I'm surprised by how much hype the Sony MH1 is getting because I'm totally underwhelmed by it's balance. The bass is way too much for my taste and the overall balance is way off compared to the QBSE F420. The QBSE F420 is truly an outstanding IEM that is very understated. I'm not claiming the QBSE F420 a perfect IEM (low mid upward tilt) but I sure have not heard anything around $80 that gives so much listening pleasure and I only paid $24 for it
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #370 of 451
I have both of these and the SE is a tad brighter with less bass than the Quadbeat 2. Sound quality alone I prefer the balance of the Special Editions but the QB2 are smoother to listen to and dont cause fatigue while still having a well extended and clear treble (SE's have some treble peaks that bug me sometimes but still prefer their clarity and resolution) the QB2 are more comfortable for me so I use the QB2 as my daily driver most of the time. Easily my fave budget IEM and it's better than my other higher priced phones like Shure SE-215 and not quite as good as my XBA-3 but I don't have the mic version and the balanced armatures don't play nice with my phone so QB2 it is until I find a better IEM that gives that kind of bang for the buck.

What's the difference between Quadbeat 2 and Quadbeat SE F420?  Has anyone compared the two?

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #372 of 451
After having these for 4 months I am more impressed by them with each passing day. I was gonna get the H-3 but I decided these were good enough and bought the Fidelio X1 for at home. Quadbeat 2 manages to be midcentric, bassy and sparkly and airy all at the same time lol. The oonly con against it is that sometimes it can be a little "one-note" in the bass but it's not so bad, sub bass is well extended and makes it's presence known when called upon. I like the warmth that the midbass adds, otherwise they probably would be pretty bright IMO. Good stuff! I wonder if we're getting a QB3 now that the G3 has been announced.

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #373 of 451
After having these for 4 months I am more impressed by them with each passing day. I was gonna get the H-3 but I decided these were good enough and bought the Fidelio X1 for at home. Quadbeat 2 manages to be midcentric, bassy and sparkly and airy all at the same time lol. The oonly con against it is that sometimes it can be a little "one-note" in the bass but it's not so bad, sub bass is well extended and makes it's presence known when called upon. I like the warmth that the midbass adds, otherwise they probably would be pretty bright IMO. Good stuff! I wonder if we're getting a QB3 now that the G3 has been announced.

Unfortunately, the Quadbeat line is now obsolete as LG partnered with Harman Kardon to replace Quadbeat with Bluetooth In Ear Sets

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #374 of 451
Has anyone tried the LG GS-100, the IEM that LG released after Quadbeat 2 ? 
It takes 10$ more than Quadbeat 2 but give more resolution and huge sound-stage.
It's not really balance style like Quadbeat series but sound-stage and clarity make me enjoy this IEM more than Quadbeat 1 SE and Quadbeat 2.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back